Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:34:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Ministry of Purity Crimes Self-Reporting Thread  (Read 17836 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: January 23, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
« edited: January 23, 2015, 02:17:18 PM by traininthedistance »

Been staying out of this (only so many times you can call liars out on their lies), but I finally have to say something:

lol demonising introvert young people is so funny lol!!!

Speaking in my official capacity as someone who is painfully introverted in real life (seriously you have no idea), but still manages to somehow avoid these sorts of bitter delusions: you're full of sh*t.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 01:22:44 PM »

My recollection was that the math portion was easier than the SAT and had something like a 10% or more rate of people getting literally every question right, whereas the verbal portion was chock-full of obscure $10 words that even very literate people may have never heard of, and thus a perfect result was basically completely impossible.

And I saw this as someone who isn't really a math person at all.

The disconnect between the treatment of the two halves was striking, to say the least.

traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 01:57:25 PM »

I asked if it was morally wrong of me to feel smug, not if it was wrong of me to feel morally smug.

Typo.

My recollection was that the math portion was easier than the SAT and had something like a 10% or more rate of people getting literally every question right, whereas the verbal portion was chock-full of obscure $10 words that even very literate people may have never heard of, and thus a perfect result was basically completely impossible.

And I saw this as someone who isn't really a math person at all.

The disconnect between the treatment of the two halves was striking, to say the least.

I did get a perfect score on the verbal section and I only ever missed one or two responses while I was doing practice questions. If I can pull that off - even through sheer luck - I'm sure that there are at least a dozen other regular posters here who can.

I think I got something like 3 of them wrong when I took it, which was good for a 790.  But that was awhile ago, I wouldn't be surprised if they recalibrated things since then so that the verbal was easier and the math was harder in between when the two of us took it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies