Boehner flirts with treason (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:35:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Boehner flirts with treason (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boehner flirts with treason  (Read 5622 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 22, 2015, 05:22:31 AM »

Just imagine if Democrats did the same with left-wing Latin American Presidents when a Republican is in office...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:21:52 AM »

Your made up title departing from the title actually used in the article, is tendentious Lief, and maybe against the terms of use, but I ain't looking it up or going to pursue that. The real title was tendentious enough, but no, you wanted more. Anyway, in my view, it's a free country, and anyone can invite anyone into this country, to speak anywhere, if otherwise legal (so no, it would not be appropriate to invite Castro, because it is not legal for him to go to DC, and he couldn't get a visa anyway), and it doesn't bother me. This is just a policy difference spat, and having disagreements about foreign policy is anything but treason - it's as American as apple pie.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Again,
Just imagine if Democrats did the same with left-wing Latin American Presidents when a Republican is in office...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:14:57 AM »

Your made up title departing from the title actually used in the article, is tendentious Lief, and maybe against the terms of use, but I ain't looking it up or going to pursue that. The real title was tendentious enough, but no, you wanted more. Anyway, in my view, it's a free country, and anyone can invite anyone into this country, to speak anywhere, if otherwise legal (so no, it would not be appropriate to invite Castro, because it is not legal for him to go to DC, and he couldn't get a visa anyway), and it doesn't bother me. This is just a policy difference spat, and having disagreements about foreign policy is anything but treason - it's as American as apple pie.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Again,

I didn't make up the law about Cuba and Castro. But we should follow laws, even if we don't like them (unless one wants to engage in civil disobedience, and face the consequences). In point of fact, I would repeal the Cuba embargo, and allow Castro to go anywhere he wants, anytime, myself, but that is just me.

How about Nancy Pelosi inviting Chavez in 2007? I'm really curious how our resident blue avatars would have reacted to that. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies