IDS 1: Police Surveillance Act (Withdrawn by Sponsor) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:23:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS 1: Police Surveillance Act (Withdrawn by Sponsor) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS 1: Police Surveillance Act (Withdrawn by Sponsor)  (Read 1082 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: January 22, 2015, 08:13:13 PM »

So like putting go pro cameras on them? I'm fine with it if we can afford such an expense.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 09:16:02 AM »

Aside from some publicized cases, I wasn't aware that police violence was a widespread problem, but then again I haven't been in any trouble with the law recently.

I'm fine with putting cameras on officers. There are already cameras on police cars so that's the logical next step.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »

I'm fairly sure dashboard cams are of public record, although I am not 100% sure. I think you can obtain it by request. I don't know of any YouTube like site for dashboard cams.

As for recording while arresting someone, I think it's okay to record as a bystander, but I don't want to allow suspects to just whip out their phones and intimidate others while being arrested. With the right angle/luck, someone can make a routine arrest look bad.

We can't remove all teeth from our law enforcement community. I understand the concerns over brutality, but the vast majority of officers do their job properly.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 06:39:19 PM »

I'll wait on it. I am not sure making a Youtube like site is worth the cost or manpower involved to build a site like that. I think making the videos available upon request is a much more rational position to take. Of course make the videos public record, but don't make it into entertainment. These are real people and real lives at state and they don't need to be plastered all over a website.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies