Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2014 (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:40:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2014 (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2014 (Tabled)  (Read 5086 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: January 22, 2015, 09:24:49 AM »

I echo Senator Polnut's comments. We cannot know what will happen tomorrow, so we have not the smallest of clues on what the world wil look like in 2025. I guess smaller steps of no more than two/three years ahead are far more sensible when dealing with such a sensitive issue as our economy.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »

Funny how restraint is always raised by our moderate friends when it comes to helping workers, but never when the issue is handouts for corporations or the military.

You show me when I ever supported any handouts for corporations Roll Eyes
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »

Why do such bills always have to end up in Senator TNF providing his views on how he thinks our economy should be managed?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 01:08:41 PM »

I'd have nothing against 15$/hour, but won't it reach that number already July 1st, as mandated in the Fair Labor Standards Act 2013?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:18:13 AM »

Okay, thank you. As I said, I would support 15$/hour.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »

Well, I do share Lumine's concerns if 2020 is not too long a time span. Considering, a lot did happen in Atlasia the last five years, and a lot will happen again.
Compromise proposal: We set the minimum wage until 2018, and from then, every two years, the Senate shall vote a new, whether to continue the minimum wage to rise by the same rate as now, or not. Do you understand what I mean?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:24 AM »

I guess Yankee's approach is sensible, and I noticed his bill, which I would support if the minimum wage as outlined in it was raised to in fact those $15 per hour we have been talking about. I would think the big issue here is a question of which approach to the issue is preferable to the individual Senators, either the one outlined in this bill, or the one outlined in the bill presented by Senator Yankee. If a majority of Senators should prefer the latter, I wonder if it was not more sensible to go over debating at said bill?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »

I guess Yankee's approach is sensible, and I noticed his bill, which I would support if the minimum wage as outlined in it was raised to in fact those $15 per hour we have been talking about. I would think the big issue here is a question of which approach to the issue is preferable to the individual Senators, either the one outlined in this bill, or the one outlined in the bill presented by Senator Yankee. If a majority of Senators should prefer the latter, I wonder if it was not more sensible to go over debating at said bill?

You mean debate it in here as an amendment? I considered that, but the primary purpose is different and the text I outlined was indeed a starting point to provide a clean slate as well as stability moving forward. My personal preference would to at some point move away from the minimum wage but organizing a beefing up of the Nixcome as an alternative would be a tall order seeing as how we barely got the most recent carer's bill finished and the budget (speaks for itself).

I would have proposed going over to debating in your bill's thread once that is opened, I would prefer the mechanism outlined in that bill over this one.

TNF, the problem is not so much that you raised it too much, the problem is that you want it to fix it for five years. Raise it to 15$ this year, then afterwards inflation. Basta.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 11:18:59 AM »

Motion to do so, I guess.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 09:55:37 AM »

AYE
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 08:35:10 AM »

I'm sorry, but there is just not the least need for two bills to discuss the same thing. Discussion either her or in the other bill thread, not in both.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »

Alright then
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies