Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2014 (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:27:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2014 (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2014 (Tabled)  (Read 5112 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: January 23, 2015, 07:36:09 PM »

TNF's usual political arguments aside, I am most certainly not signing the current version should it pass the Senate.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »

I agree with Maxwell, and I think it is for the best for this bill to be tabled.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »

I would hope at least one Senator objects, lowering this to 2020 would not be enough to make this proposal viable, especially considering what could happen in Atlasia during the span of five years.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 02:47:28 PM »

The only reason someone could have to objecting to TNF's amendment is if they were more radical and wanted a 25 dollar minimum wage in 2025.

Not necessarily, not when we consider the current proposal wouldn't pass the Senate.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:34:18 PM »

Taking on Cranberry's idea, would the Senate be interested in tabling this (or could a Senator motion to table?) seeing that Yankee's approach could be far more effective and realistic?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 12:45:33 PM »

Taking on Cranberry's idea, would the Senate be interested in tabling this (or could a Senator motion to table?) seeing that Yankee's approach could be far more effective and realistic?

Ah, so now you're interesting in "realism" rather than just scoring cheap political points?

I've always been interested in realism, Senator, shame you can't adopt the same view when it comes to so many areas of policy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies