Republican House continues to have excellent priorities (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:38:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican House continues to have excellent priorities (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican House continues to have excellent priorities  (Read 1165 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: January 22, 2015, 10:29:12 PM »
« edited: January 22, 2015, 10:33:42 PM by shua »

An excellent bill. Taxpayer money shouldn't be used to kill innocent lives.

I don't believe in my money being used to kill innocent lives in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. When to I get an exemption so I don't have to pay taxes to fund the Defense Department?

Yeah, you're right. If we stop using taxpayer funds to kill some innocent life, people are going to argue for not killing innocent life at all. What then, are we going to stop killing criminals too?

But truthfully the GOP Congress are being idiotic cowards on this.  If they can't stand up against late-term abortions, what are they doing calling themselves pro-life?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 11:39:54 PM »

An excellent bill. Taxpayer money shouldn't be used to kill innocent lives.

I agree with the second part, but restricting abortions for women who are raped past 20 weeks who didn't make a police report? There are definitely things to fix. There are reasons why the GOP killed it and that's because the rhetoric resulting from this can kill them.

I can understand and appreciate the reasons for a rape exception for early term abortions. I can understand and appreciate the reasons for health exceptions, both for the mother and for terminal/painful illnesses for the baby, for late term abortions. I don't even know if this bill had that. But I can't understand a rape exception for a late term abortion. And even allowing that, how can something be worth snuffing out a growing life over but not worth reporting to the police? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies