Presidential Debate Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:40:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Debate Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Debate Thread  (Read 1074 times)
Potus
Potus2036

« on: January 25, 2015, 03:56:42 PM »

Thank you, Cynic, for moderating this debate. Thank you Senator Bore for being a worthy, and civil opponent.

This is an election of vision. Atlasia faces trying times. A weak economy, growing fears of inflation, and wounds to national unity that are only just scarring over. These are the domestic issues the next President will face. Couple those concerns with a dangerous world beyond our borders, and the demand for a clear governing vision comes into focus.

I have offered that vision, both in the campaign and during my service as Secretary of State. The concerns of Atlasians here at home must be addressed by responsible policies. And they deserve to have the success of their President measured in clear terms. That's why I made the First 30 Day Pledge. Additionally, my tenure as Secretary has seen a very large dedication to peace abroad.

In this debate, I will once again offer and defend my vision. I hope that voters will join me in fighting for a new prosperity.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:05:15 PM »

Senator TNF, in the past, has labelled his own legislation what it really is. Massive minimum wage hikes, new programs, enormous expansion of unionization are all trademarks of his means. They are, however, not his end.

TNF supports legislation like this as a means to his own ends. He knows that a $25 dollar minimum wage would be such an enormous shock to the economy, such a bizarre adjustment for the market to make, that it would fundamentally weaken capitalism.

The TNF-Labor agenda here isn't to make working families better off. It isn't to grow the economy or help people. The Senator is trying to force so many massive adjustments on the market that it causes our mixed economy to end. TNF is using this as a stepping stone to communism.

I ask that every anti-communist in this country, Labor or TPP or Fed or any party, to join our campaign. I've got a record of opposing policies such as energy nationalization from its conception to its final vote. I'll stand strong against the communist fringe in this country.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:03:05 PM »

It is the duty of the Executive Branch to implement the laws of the legislature. That's the constitutional responsibility of the President, and the day the President can unilaterally change the law via selective enforcement is the day checks and balances fall out of balance.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »

I'm not sure if Cynic is going to continue moderating this debate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies