Here's my prediction.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:43:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Here's my prediction.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Here's my prediction.  (Read 2054 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2015, 09:07:41 AM »

2016 : I predict that Governor Scott Walker will win the election. Why ?

1. Obama Fatigue..... Democrat or Republican, you got to admit that Obama is damaged goods. So Probably Republicans will present their candidate as new and fresh and that leads me to the second one.

2. Hillary Clinton. Now I have a lot of respect for her. But her age and her connections to Obama kind of puts her in a disadvantage compared to Marco Rubio should he decide to run. And  don't forget about the Benghazi thing.

3. Governing Experience. One of the many reasons why we have dysfunction in Washington is because Obama with all due respect has no Governing record. Governor Walker on the other hand has a strong governing record.

4. The Republican Party will be much more united then in 2012. In 2012, Romney came out of it bruised and tattered thanks to all the crazy canidates out their. I think that the Tea Party base will warm up to Walker more.

What do you guys think ? And can anyone provide a map ? And who thinks should be Walker's running mate should he run ?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »

I already know you're wrong, but I'll indulge you.

1. Obama Fatigue..... Democrat or Republican, you got to admit that Obama is damaged goods. So Probably Republicans will present their candidate as new and fresh and that leads me to the second one.

What political party doesn't present their candidate as "new and fresh" in an election scenario like this? Even Democrats are going to present their candidate that way.

2. Hillary Clinton. Now I have a lot of respect for her. But her age and her connections to Obama kind of puts her in a disadvantage compared to Marco Rubio should he decide to run. And  don't forget about the Benghazi thing.

Yes, forget about the Benghazi thing. Because it's not a real issue and it's not a conspiracy. If someone had run against Bush in 2004 trying to paint him as the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, they would've been laughed off the stage.

3. Governing Experience. One of the many reasons why we have dysfunction in Washington is because Obama with all due respect has no Governing record. Governor Walker on the other hand has a strong governing record.

This simply is not true, and even the most remote amount of truth in it stems back to the fact that the Republican Congress from 2010-present has essentially blocked anything and everything the President has proposed, leading us to have the most ineffective Congress in decades. Scott Walker has a "strong governing record" because he has a majority in the state legislature.

4. The Republican Party will be much more united then in 2012. In 2012, Romney came out of it bruised and tattered thanks to all the crazy canidates out their. I think that the Tea Party base will warm up to Walker more.

You realize the American electorate is not the Tea Party, right? I hope you do.

What do you guys think ? And can anyone provide a map ? And who thinks should be Walker's running mate should he run ?

I have a few thoughts. First and foremost, your grammar and syntax is abysmal and embarrassing. Second of all, you have absolutely no clue how the American electorate works. They don't want a folksy, Midwestern Tea Party conservative, especially not one that openly hates unions. Third of all, your typical Fox News talking points of "Benghazi!!!" and "Obama has done nothing" are completely stale and will carry no merit come 2016.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 09:54:29 AM by jojoju1998 »

I already know you're wrong, but I'll indulge you.

What political party doesn't present their candidate as "new and fresh" in an election scenario like this? Even Democrats are going to present their candidate that way.

2. Hillary Clinton. Now I have a lot of respect for her. But her age and her connections to Obama kind of puts her in a disadvantage compared to Marco Rubio should he decide to run. And  don't forget about the Benghazi thing.

Yes, forget about the Benghazi thing. Because it's not a real issue and it's not a conspiracy. If someone had run against Bush in 2004 trying to paint him as the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, they would've been laughed off the stage.

This simply is not true, and even the most remote amount of truth in it stems back to the fact that the Republican Congress from 2010-present has essentially blocked anything and everything the President has proposed, leading us to have the most ineffective Congress in decades. Scott Walker has a "strong governing record" because he has a majority in the state legislature.

You realize the American electorate is not the Tea Party, right? I hope you do.
4. I know that. But having a united Party behind you gives you some boost in the polls.

I have a few thoughts. First and foremost, your grammar and syntax is abysmal and embarrassing. Second of all, you have absolutely no clue how the American electorate works. They don't want a folksy, Midwestern Tea Party conservative, especially not one that openly hates unions. Third of all, your typical Fox News talking points of "Benghazi!!!" and "Obama has done nothing" are completely stale and will carry no merit come 2016.
Look. I do not support Scott Walker should he decide to run for President. He's way too extreme on Social Issues. This is only a prediction. My next prediction will be that Walker screws up the economy and will get defeated by a Progressive Democrat in 2020. And if you think that I am just some crazy Red Neck Racist from Kentucky, you are wrong. I am a Vietnamese American.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 10:40:09 AM »

The post just wouldn't have been complete without the mandatory personal attacks and dickish sniping. Especially against a newcomer.

Jesus Christ it really isn't that big of a deal if someone has a different opinion about the potential outcome of the 2016 election.

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 10:45:23 AM »

The post just wouldn't have been complete without the mandatory personal attacks and dickish sniping. Especially against a newcomer.

Jesus Christ it really isn't that big of a deal if someone has a different opinion about the potential outcome of the 2016 election.

You see ? This is why Moderate Conservatives like me get vilified.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 11:24:52 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2015, 01:58:23 PM by pbrower2a »

Many voters still want what President Obama promised but the GOP made impossible after 2010. Democrats can run on Obama promises this time and win.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Did you have a problem with Ronald Reagan being as old as he was? Hillary Clinton won't be that old.  As for Benghazi -- do Republicans really wax nostalgic about Moammar Qaddafi, whom President Obama did nothing to keep from falling?

I have no use for a murderous tyrant who sponsored terrorism, invaded neighboring countries, and disseminated a steady stream of anti-American propaganda. 

Bullhist! Dubya had experience as a Governor of a large state, and he proved awful by any objective standard. I hardly deny that Walker is a decisive leader unafraid to make unpopular decisions. Making Wisconsin a state to bleed by out-of-state interests is not my idea of how to run Wisconsin.

It's easy to make decisions if one is a puppet of the Koch syndicate. Transforming America into a plutocratic oligarchy turns the United States into a nightmare at home and an Evil Empire overseas.

Guess what? Most of the crazy candidates are back! In a high-turnout election the Democrats will do better than in 2010 and 2014.

Senator Pat Toomey. He's likely to lose a re-election bid in 2016; he's ideologically compatible.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 12:08:52 PM »

No, way will Scott Walker win the election over Hilary.  If Jeb has problems on common core, so will Scott Walker.  He has vastly had problems with the teacher's union in pension reform.  Union voters will be energized to defeat Scott Walker.  It will be jEB V hILLARY
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 12:11:43 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 12:19:51 PM by TCash101 »

I agree it's a more plausible outcome than is now apparent. He's got to get past 3 or 4 other better known Republicans and basically get conservatives seriously unified behind him. I think it's more likely he exceeds expectations, comes in 2nd or 3rd and is 2020s superstar and defeats Clinton in her reelection bid.

I think Walker's GE chances are harder to predict than many other candidates since he's largely untested.
Rubio or Martinez. Maybe Ayotte or Portman.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 12:14:54 PM »

No, way will Scott Walker win the election over Hilary.  If Jeb has problems on common core, so will Scott Walker.  He has vastly had problems with the teacher's union in pension reform.  Union voters will be energized to defeat Scott Walker.  It will be jEB V hILLARY
I am leaning towards Jeb Bush winning the Republican nomination as well at this point in time. The two tickets in 2016 could very well be Hillary Clinton/Martin Heinrich and Jeb Bush/Nikki Haley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:43 PM »

Personal attacks against grammar? I'd call anyone out on their grammar, regardless of how long they've been here. Same thing with facts. If someone is going to flat out say that Scott Walker will be elected President because he appeals to the Tea Party, then they're wrong and should be called out for it. You completely overexaggerated my intent of the post. It's not like I told him to leave and to feel ashamed, I simply itemized why he's incorrect. And you really are not the person to call anyone else a dick, lol.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 02:37:51 PM »

I think you're pretty much dead on. Benghazi won't be a huge part of the election, but it will come up. She's vulnerable for a lot of reasons, which is why I've argued that she may not run.

Walkers best running mate would be Rubio, but he's more likely to choose Martinez.

With the gender gap, Martinez would be better. She seems a little readier from prime time too.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »

1. Obama Fatigue..... Democrat or Republican, you got to admit that Obama is damaged goods.

Nope. A majority of the country approves of the job he is doing.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 02:43:14 PM »

1. Obama Fatigue..... Democrat or Republican, you got to admit that Obama is damaged goods.

Nope. A majority of the country approves of the job he is doing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Funny how Rasmussen suddenly becomes your gold standard polling firm when it is convenient to do so.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 06:30:47 PM »

Aaaand credibility is gone. There are plenty of mistakes Hillary and Obama made, and plenty of decisions deserving criticism. Benghazi is a tiny screw-up on an scale that has a passing acquaintance with reality. 
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 07:50:04 PM »

2. Hillary Clinton. Now I have a lot of respect for her. But her age and her connections to Obama kind of puts her in a disadvantage compared to Marco Rubio should he decide to run.

Scott Walker will win because Hillary is too old to compete with Marco Rubio?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 10:22:50 PM »

I think you are (understandably) overestimating Walker's chances quite a bit. Obama will only be a significant burden on the Democrats if his approval rating is well below 45%. If it's 45-50%, he likely won't hurt or help the Democratic nominee's chances of winning. Unless his approval rating gets down in the low-mid 30s, 2016 won't be the Republican version of 2008. Hillary's probably not quite old enough for her age to be a serious problem. If anything, it could help her, provided she could do a better job than McCain of touting her experience.

The argument that governors make better presidents simply doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Believe me, everything Walker has done as governor would be put on the table in a GE. His crusade against unions could be quite toxic in the Midwest. With so many potential candidates lining up to run, what makes you think that Republicans will be more united than in 2012? It's not like Tea Partiers voted for Obama in 2012.

Many people believe that Walker could win the nomination because he would be popular with the Tea Party and the Republican establishment. My own personal feelings about Walker aside, I'll admit that this is a distinct possibility. However, he doesn't seem to be the first choice of Tea Partiers or the establishment, so he might not be able to garner enough support from either early enough to win the nomination. In a general election... all I can say is that he'll have his work cut for him. He's a polarizing figure, and as much as he could motivate conservatives to turn out and vote, he'd also motivate leagues of liberals to turn out against him, even if they're luke warm about the Democratic nominee.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »

Personal attacks against grammar? I'd call anyone out on their grammar, regardless of how long they've been here.

It was a non sequitur ad hominem. It's intent was to demean to poster on a personal level. There's no handwaving it. I believe you used the phrase "abysmal and embarrassing".

Same thing with facts. If someone is going to flat out say that Scott Walker will be elected President because he appeals to the Tea Party, then they're wrong and should be called out for it.

Except that's a misrepresentation of what he said. He said he thinks that Walker will win the election, and his Tea Party support will help him in the primary, which is part of winning the election. Although I disagree with him it is not inherently factually incorrect to say that Scott Walker will win the 2016 election. It's a matter of speculation.

You completely overexaggerated my intent of the post. It's not like I told him to leave and to feel ashamed, I simply itemized why he's incorrect.

See above. You did do what you say at first, but then you just had to go into your personal spiel.

And you really are not the person to call anyone else a dick, lol.

This is a textbook example of a tu quoque fallacy. Basically the fallacy is that somehow by accusing someone of similar behavior (however justified) it somehow handwaves that fact that you are engaging in said behavior. As if it's somehow "okay" because the other person has done it also.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »

Wishful Republican thinking ITT
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »

If that's the case and it's Jeb Bush/Nikki Haley vs. Hillary Clinton/Martin Heinrich & the G.O.P. will prevail;  something to do with Obama/Democratic fatigue. No way Democrats will hold the White House & win a third consecutive term, last time it happened for the Democrats was in 1940 & FDR was more popular than Obama could ever hope to be & the last the White House went for the same party for a third consecutive election in row, was in 1988 when the Gipper handed off to Poppy Bush. Even so, Republican voting preferences were way down from 1984. You only have to look at past history. To buck such a trend, Hillary would have to have stellar qualities,  which we know she doesn't.  If this was not the case, then she and not Obama should have prevailed. She was old news in 2008 and will be even older news this time around.  The change dynamic is a very strong one, you can look at John Kennedy in 1960, Jimmy Carter in 1976, Bill Clinton in 1992, George W. Bush in 2000 and of course Barack Obama in 2008. Hillary doesn't represent change & apart from her married name, she has no compelling arguments to make, apart from the class warfare card.  It could hurt her more than it helps. Besides I can't see the Republicans allowing her to get away with it. So Hillary is not a sure fire slam dunk. But Democrats are welcome to use any argument that fits in with there overall world view, that says Hillary has the election in the bag!. If it makes feel good and happy why not. But she will lose badly or win narrowly,  but that's it.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 03:05:41 PM »

Thanks for bringing that up. I now know to ignore the rest of your post.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies