your favorite npr program? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:32:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  your favorite npr program? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: your favorite npr program?  (Read 2100 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:52:39 PM »

My local public radio station is WiTF.  I love that.

I kinda like Science Friday.  Everything including climate change, comets, medical devices, the future of space travel, and dinosaurs are covered, all hosted by a goofy, friendly voice attached to a dude named Ira Flatow, whose name I thought was Ira Plato until I saw it in print recently. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:19:38 PM »

I had forgotten that one, but I like it as well.  Very eclectic.  Sometimes they're talking about near-Earth astroid trajectories, sometimes it's Syrian rebles, and still other times it focuses on the marketing of violent video games to children, and to their parents.  It's no less agenda-driven than Fox News or MSNBC, but the way the announcer's smooth voice lulls me into a false sense of security even as he says "the world is horrible and getting worse and we're all going to die" is somehow reassuring.  Then again, that pretty much describes all NPR programming.  No wonder we all love it so much.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies