Office of Secretary pikachu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:39:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Secretary pikachu
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Office of Secretary pikachu  (Read 15277 times)
pikachu
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
« edited: October 31, 2015, 12:46:45 AM by پیکچ »

As you may or may not know, I'm currently mounting a write-in campaign for Northeast Assembly. Admittedly, I am very new to this game and have much less experience the current members of the Assembly, many of whom seem to be legends in Atlasia. So, as a newcomer, here some of my stands on legislation recently introduced into the assembly:

Northeast Right to Life Act - I vehemently oppose any acts that infringe on a woman's right to have an abortion, and a doctor's right to give that abortion. Nor do I see any point in punishing a doctor with both a $5,000 fine and life in prison.  

Celebration of Female Emancipation Act - While I support more holidays and time off for the workers and students of Northeast, and also recognizing important days for women, it might be better to have that holiday not right after MLK Day, and instead a few weeks/months later or earlier.

A Jackson per Sixty Act - Section 2 of this act is fine with me, but a $25/hour minimum wage could be potentially disastrous to Northeastern businesses.

Also, if I do get elected to the Assembly, I promise to bring more attention to the region's public transportation infrastructure, whether it's improving and extending high-speed rail services, assuring the Second Avenue Subway can be completed, and making sure our transportation authorities stay afloat. Of course, transportation is just one of the issues I hope to help the people of the Northeast with if I am elected, and I hope that the voters give me the opportunity.

Thank You,

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »

http://youtu.be/SX-8OivnxzM
pikachu
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 08:35:27 PM »

pikachu's never put in a Pokeball Tongue
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:40:06 PM »

To clarify the Celebration of Female Emancipation Act, January 22nd is the anniversary of the ruling on Roe v. Wade.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:42:28 PM »

Endorsed, obviously! You've put a lot of work into your campaign announcement and we need more dedicated individuals such as yourself in regional office.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »

To clarify the Celebration of Female Emancipation Act, January 22nd is the anniversary of the ruling on Roe v. Wade.

Wasn't aware of the significance, but thanks for clarifying. It's definitely an important day, though I'm more in favor of August 20th (women's suffrage ratified). 

Endorsed, obviously! You've put a lot of work into your campaign announcement and we need more dedicated individuals such as yourself in regional office.

Thank you!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 08:47:04 PM »

Obviously endorsed!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »

Endorsed!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 10:54:40 PM »

As I said in my PMs, you have my endorsement.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »

From Princeton, NJ

First, I'd like to congratulate Adam Griffin and cinyc on their victories in the special election and hope for them to have a productive term in the Assembly and provide it with some stability after all the turnover and repeal bills proposed by Rep. Winfield. I also look forward to competing with blair, clyde, and RGN in the February election. I'd also like to talk about tax policy a little. I support a progressive tax, and the Northeast's current rates (or at least those in the October budget) are quite reasonable. However, I do think that a little more could be done in order to raise more revenue for regional programs for the poor. Just as an example, someone making $245,000 currently has more post-tax income than someone making $250,000, encouraging the rich who are the margins of the brackets to make a little less pre-tax income to make more post-tax. I think that we should look at adjusting our tax brackets a little in order to minimize losses in these kind of areas, and to create fairer tax system. Finally, thanks to everyone for the outpouring support and on to February!
pikachu
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 10:53:18 PM »

New York City, NY

First, I hope that everyone's managed to survive the snowstorms of the last few days. I know they haven't been as bad down here as they have been in New England, so I hope all of friends up there are doing all right. Second, I'd like to announce that I have joined The People's Party. Why? I believe in a pragmatic, reasonable future for the Northeast, and I believe that being in TPP will allow me to do that moreso than in any other party. Finally, I'd like to talk about some campaign priorities. I'm currently here in New York City near the North Hudson River tunnels. These tunnels have been here for over 100 years,  and have handled millions of commuters over those years, but it doesn't seem like they'll be able to much longer. These tunnels have been at peak capacity for years now, and it is necessary to start on the road to replacing them in order to assure a better commute and further economic prosperity in the Northeast. I do recognize that this will be expensive, but these are necessary improvements. On one last note, I do hope for the current Assembly to get out of its squabbles and back to its productive state before the spate of repeal bills proposed by Winfield.

Thank You,
pikachu
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 11:51:49 PM »

Philadelphia, PA

Hello fellow Northeastern citizens! I hope everyone's been managing the historic cold well. I personally look forward to meeting fellow voters at the polls in below zero temperatures tomorrow in my home state of New Jersey and in the rest of the Northeast. I'd also like to welcome the distinguished former Governor Winfield to this highly competitive Northeast Assembly race. I wish good luck to him and all of my other fellow competitors in this race. Anyway, I'd like to comment on recent bills and amendments introduced in the Assembly. I fully support the SirNick Is a Terrorist Amendment, as anyone who has committed the egregious crimes that SirNick did after his deregistration deserves anything less than a ban from all official positions in the Northeast. On the Amendment to the TJ Detweiler Act, I support Blair's idea on the combined lunch/recess period. This was quite similar to my experience in middle school, and I propose a minimum combined 45 minute period. I believe that it allows for a good amount of break time during the school day while still keeping reasonable total school hours. Of course, if any individual school district wants more time, they are free to do that. Anyway, I look forward to a spirited election, and remember, vote for pikachu!
pikachu
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 02:00:41 PM »

New York City, NY

First, (a bit late I know), thank you to the citizens of the Northeast for electing me to the NE Assembly! I'd also like to thank Gov. Sawx for appointing for Lieutenant Governor, and I look forward to being able to execute that office. On legislation currently on the Assembly floor, I support both the Kurdish and Graduate Acts, and look forward to seeing their passage. I'm also going to withhold comments on the Restoration of the Arts Act until debate on it restarts. Needless to say, the original version could've used some more work.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »

I will never support someone who named himself "Pikachu"
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »

Congrats Mr Lieutenant Governor
pikachu
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2015, 05:00:01 PM by Lt. Gov. pikachu »

I take it that you're a Digimon fan.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 05:21:40 PM »

What is a "Digimon"?
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 01:46:22 PM »

And...

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 01:57:55 PM »

I don't know what dire references you two making. What's clear you're talking about some very juvenille stuff.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 09:45:20 PM »

Montreal, QC

Today, I'd like to officially roll out my reelection campaign for the Northeastern Assembly. Over the last term, I've served as an active and reasonable fighter for the people, debating and voting on almost every act introduced during this session. Along with this, together we've accomplished several things together, whether it was fixing our consent laws, getting on the road to improving our aging mass transit infrastructure, and being one of the few regions to update our vital civic information, with relatively easy access to every bill that has been debated this session right on the Regional Government board. If the people are willing, I hope to serve another term, and will roll out some policy objectives in the coming days, with one being following the Mideast's lead and expanding our high speed rail system to this great city and several others in the Northeast. I wish good luck to my competitors and look forward to an exciting campaign!

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 10:15:51 PM »

Endorsed.

Pikachu deserves to be reelected.

I very much enjoy working with him in the Northeast Assembly.

Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:16 AM »

Welcome to the race, Mr. Lt. Governor Smiley
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 04:24:16 PM »

Endorsed. Smiley
pikachu