Office of Secretary pikachu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:26:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Secretary pikachu
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Office of Secretary pikachu  (Read 15285 times)
pikachu
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2015, 02:11:25 PM »

I'm glad to see that the term limits legislation is being debsted in the Assembly, and that the SWE trial is finally making some headway after issues with appointing a prosecutor. I've also proposed a consolidation map which can be viewed on the consolidation thread if anyone's interested.

On that note, we do need another Assemblyman after Altsomn's elections to the Senate. Just send me a PM if you're intersted, and also declare you candidacy in the proper thread.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2015, 06:07:38 PM »

Governor pikachu has asked that I serve in the Assembly until the end of this term to fill the existing vacancy, and I have accepted.

Thank you Governor for the opportunity to serve the people of the Northeast yet again.

It is a privilege for me to be a servant of the good people of the Northeast.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2015, 06:12:14 PM »

I'd like to announce that I'll be appointing former Governor and Assemblyman Winfield to fill the vacancy in the Assembly. As someone who worked with Winfield in the past, I feel confident in saying that he will be an active and strong voice in the Assembly.

I'd also like to encourage all Northeasterners to sign the petition for a Constitutional Convention. We're close to becoming the second region to meet the requirement for the ConCon, and I'd argue that it's necessary if we want this game to survive. Here's the link:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=215529.125
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »

I'd like to announce that I'll be appointing former Governor and Assemblyman Winfield to fill the vacancy in the Assembly. As someone who worked with Winfield in the past, I feel confident in saying that he will be an active and strong voice in the Assembly.

Phenomenal choice!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2015, 04:27:34 AM »

Phenomenal choice!

I'd also like to encourage all Northeasterners to sign the petition for a Constitutional Convention. We're close to becoming the second region to meet the requirement for the ConCon, and I'd argue that it's necessary if we want this game to survive. Here's the link:

Thanks!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2015, 11:42:18 AM »

Phenomenal choice!

Thanks!

Thank you all for your kind words and expressions of support.  Much appreciated.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2015, 06:25:16 PM »

this will need a ratification vote Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
1. It's easy for someone to get entrenched as Governor. In fact, per Wiki, no Governor has lost reelection since dissolution. Many don't even face major party opposition.

2. People want to hold office in the Northeast. Almost all of our recent Senate races have contested, our last two open-seat gubernatorial elections were highly contested, and two of our recent special Assembly elections were also contested.

3. This will give opportunities to advance for newer players. Open elections are generally more competitive than ones with incumbents (e.g. July gov special, July Senate special, February senate vs Feb and June gov).
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2015, 11:09:56 AM »

Governor:

Is anything happening in the Northeast Assembly? 

Since my appointment August 12 to fill in the rest of the term because of a vacancy, I have been checking in every day, more than once a day, and there is nothing going on in the Assembly.

Is it going to be like this until the election? 

If so, why bother even appointing anyone to the Assembly to fill a vacancy?

I am pleased to accept the posting, however, the Assembly is absolutely dead at the moment, with no action at least since my appointment.

What is going on in the Northeast?
pikachu
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2015, 11:25:27 PM »

I do take responsibility to falling activity in the Northeast Assembly, which is why I've introduced four new bills, including one that I hope should attract some attention from outside of the the region. Wink
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2015, 11:37:34 PM »

Governor:

Is anything happening in the Northeast Assembly? 

Since my appointment August 12 to fill in the rest of the term because of a vacancy, I have been checking in every day, more than once a day, and there is nothing going on in the Assembly.

Is it going to be like this until the election? 

If so, why bother even appointing anyone to the Assembly to fill a vacancy?

I am pleased to accept the posting, however, the Assembly is absolutely dead at the moment, with no action at least since my appointment.

What is going on in the Northeast?

sorry, i'm in canada atm and can't really be as consistent as i would like Tongue

i hope we can still have some productive debate before the elections though
pikachu
United States

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2015, 10:50:40 AM »

First, I urge my fellow citizens from the Northeast (and the rest of Atlasia) to vote for the Cris-Pryor amendment. While we've made significant progress on the ConCon through petition, this should hopefully speed the process up. I'd also like to again encourage any active Northeastern citizens to run for the Assembly this weekend. While I know that many Northeasterners have roles federal government, I still think that there are enough who do not in order to fill five Assembly seats...

Finally, I will be travelling on Wednesday and Thursday, and I'll likely not be able be very active, so consider this a LOA for then.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »

mr governor, this bill has passed the assembly:

pikachu
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2015, 12:27:44 AM »

x pikachu
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2015, 04:58:30 PM »

First, I urge my fellow citizens from the Northeast (and the rest of Atlasia) to vote for the Cris-Pryor amendment. While we've made significant progress on the ConCon through petition, this should hopefully speed the process up. I'd also like to again encourage any active Northeastern citizens to run for the Assembly this weekend. While I know that many Northeasterners have roles federal government, I still think that there are enough who do not in order to fill five Assembly seats...

Finally, I will be travelling on Wednesday and Thursday, and I'll likely not be able be very active, so consider this a LOA for then.
A meer eight votes so far in the assembly election... Undecided
pikachu
United States

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2015, 04:14:08 AM »

A meer eight votes so far in the assembly election... Undecided

After looking it over, one of our issues is that only 50% of Northeasterners who voted in the federal election voted in the regional election. *sigh*
pikachu
United States

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2015, 12:34:20 PM »

I'm going to be taking another LOA until 9/3. I should be on intermittently, but I don't expect to be able to have any consistent level of activity.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2015, 05:11:29 PM »

got another bill for you

pikachu
United States

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2015, 01:34:02 AM »

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2015, 07:41:29 PM »

the big one.

pikachu
United States

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2015, 01:08:22 AM »

I'm going to give a myself a day or two to think about this one. (Also because I'm about to take a long flight Tongue )

As mentioned in the NE Aseembly thread, I'm working on the budget, but there are some troubles with revenue estimates, considering the lack of a GM. Hopefully, I'll be able to present some form of a budget within the next few days, though.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2015, 01:29:28 PM »

On the independence referendum, I'm not sure that I can schedule a binding election outside of the constitutionally prescribed voting periods.  There is nothing that allows constitutional amendments (which I assume this would be) to be voted on except during the period starting the penultimate Friday of the month - and which month depends on when the proposed amendment was passed.  I'm not sure that any vote held over a random early-in-the-month weekend would be valid under the Northeast constitution.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2015, 01:48:50 PM »

On the independence referendum, I'm not sure that I can schedule a binding election outside of the constitutionally prescribed voting periods.  There is nothing that allows constitutional amendments (which I assume this would be) to be voted on except during the period starting the penultimate Friday of the month - and which month depends on when the proposed amendment was passed.  I'm not sure that any vote held over a random early-in-the-month weekend would be valid under the Northeast constitution.
The date was deliberately scheduled so that it wouldn't clash with anything - for example, other constitutional referendums or elections. This is mainly due to the importance of the vote and to prevent other votes being affected by this referendum.

The constitution says:

Except in December, the appropriate election administrator shall open the polling booth for all proposed Amendments approved by the Legislative Assembly before 12:00:00am EST of the second Friday of a month

The proposed date is the second Friday in October, as we've agreed to leave time to have a debate about it before voting  - instead of rushing into the vote, because people may not know what they're voting for.

The most immediate dates would be the 11th and 25th September.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2015, 03:39:40 PM »

The date was deliberately scheduled so that it wouldn't clash with anything - for example, other constitutional referendums or elections. This is mainly due to the importance of the vote and to prevent other votes being affected by this referendum.

The constitution says:

Except in December, the appropriate election administrator shall open the polling booth for all proposed Amendments approved by the Legislative Assembly before 12:00:00am EST of the second Friday of a month

The proposed date is the second Friday in October, as we've agreed to leave time to have a debate about it before voting  - instead of rushing into the vote, because people may not know what they're voting for.

You're misreading the constitution.  Unless it was significantly changed by the Patchwork Amendment (which I doubt), what it says about constitutional amendments is that anything approved by the Assembly before the second Friday of the month gets put on that month's ballot starting the penultimate Friday of the month.  Anything approved after gets put on the next month's ballot at the penultimate Friday of the next month.  Not the second week.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »

The constitution says:

You're misreading the constitution.  Unless it was significantly changed by the Patchwork Amendment (which I doubt), what it says about constitutional amendments is that anything approved by the Assembly before the second Friday of the month gets put on that month's ballot starting the penultimate Friday of the month.  Anything approved after gets put on the next month's ballot at the penultimate Friday of the next month.  Not the second week.
Is there any way for it to be held on an exclusive date - given the importance of the vote?

The consensus of the Assembly (plus the Governor) seemed to be that we should hold the vote on a separate date to avoid the issues in this referendum affecting the results of other referenda or elections. There are things in there saying that referenda could be held on the nearest Fridays -

At the worse case - could we move the referendum to the September ballot (whenever it is), without amending the referendum bill?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies