Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2017, 08:34:08 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  A spooky coincidence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: A spooky coincidence  (Read 9103 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 07:31:02 pm »
Ignore

People are just now discovering Napoleon was a Hamilton sock? I had said he was back when he registered shortly after Hamilton was banned. His likes and dislikes of forum members were too similar to Hamiltons, especially when it came to me and Tmth.

I am almost sure I contacted Inks or someone at the time with my suspicions, but I don't think he found anything wrong with Nappy's account. Nappy as a person was too secretive to not be Hamilton. We literally knew nothing about Nappy, his name, his job, his residence, and for good reason.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:33:49 pm by Duke »Logged
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 08:20:14 pm »
Ignore

I am almost sure I contacted Inks or someone at the time with my suspicions, but I don't think he found anything wrong with Nappy's account. Nappy as a person was too secretive to not be Hamilton. We literally knew nothing about Nappy, his name, his job, his residence, and for good reason.

I wasn't a mod yet back when Hamilton was first banned, but I think the mods hadn't yet figured out some of the moderator powers and internet sleuthing capabilities that we use now back then.  So it's certainly possible to have missed a bunch of matches from years ago that are now easier to spot.  Sort of like DNA evidence now making it possible to crack ancient unsolved crimes.

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 08:39:29 pm »
Ignore

In other news, following a series of moderator raids, arrests have made across the forum, with five accounts being traced back to a different sockmaster (not Hamilton), though most of those accounts weren't very active, and one of them had zero posts.

Judge Nym90 has not yet logged on to examine the evidence and render verdict, but media speculation is that all five accounts will be summarily executed.

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
BaconBacon96
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 08:46:11 pm »
Ignore

In other news, following a series of moderator raids, arrests have made across the forum, with five accounts being traced back to a different sockmaster (not Hamilton), though most of those accounts weren't very active, and one of them had zero posts.

Judge Nym90 has not yet logged on to examine the evidence and render verdict, but media speculation is that all five accounts will be summarily executed.

The lack of due process and the utter contempt for civil liberties in this country is completely outrageous.

On Chris Christie-
He can eat his opponets and achieve a unified field.
Snowstalker's Last Stand
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 09:51:29 pm »
Ignore

The lack of due process and the utter contempt for civil liberties in this country is completely outrageous.

It's Maistre, that innocuous R-SC guy (I got MODLEAKS last night on IRC).

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 09:53:48 pm »
Ignore

It's Maistre, that innocuous R-SC guy (I got MODLEAKS last night on IRC).

That's one of the five sock accounts yes, but the sockmaster is someone who was already banned before these five accounts came along.

patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 10:13:24 pm »
Ignore

I liked Napoleon, then again I liked Hamilton.
Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 10:43:05 pm »
Ignore

Napoleon should be allowed to stay. Isn't there a statute of limitations? I say if you manage to successfully evade capture for 4 years, you should earn the right to not be banned.

fuck nazis
Compassion Fills the Void
BRTD
YaBB God
Ukraine

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 10:44:18 pm »
Ignore

OK, I'm going to assume you were not at all familiar with most his behavior. There's a reason people talk about him being a sociopath, and it's not a generic insult.

I'm finally seeing them! September 16.

shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 10:51:43 pm »
Ignore

People are just now discovering Napoleon was a Hamilton sock? I had said he was back when he registered shortly after Hamilton was banned. His likes and dislikes of forum members were too similar to Hamiltons, especially when it came to me and Tmth.

I could have sworn he mentioned his town one time. Anyway, that level of secrecy isn't unusual.
Bacon! 🔥
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 10:59:10 pm »
Ignore

Napoleon should be allowed to stay. Isn't there a statute of limitations? I say if you manage to successfully evade capture for 4 years, you should earn the right to not be banned.

unfortunately in these trying times, with constant attacks of sock terrorism, we have regretfully been forced to suspend the writ of habeas corpus

patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 11:20:13 pm »
Ignore

OK, I'm going to assume you were not at all familiar with most his behavior. There's a reason people talk about him being a sociopath, and it's not a generic insult.

I don't and never did pay attention to Atlasia stuff.  I know he has made many socks. He also made me laugh a few times, which selfishly goes a long way in my book. I'm unfamiliar with any supposed sociopath behavior.
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 12:25:40 am »
Ignore

Wow. He did a damn good job of hiding his true identity if so.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 12:38:06 am »
Ignore

I could have sworn he mentioned his town one time. Anyway, that level of secrecy isn't unusual.

He claimed to live in New York or Connecticut and to be wealthy, sort of a party boy who traveled all over the place on weekends to party. We never knew his name, if he had a Facebook, what he did, nothing. We usually have some idea about most prominent posters here and what they do.

Anyway, it was pretty apparent to me who Napoleon was given his behavior towards me, completely unprovoked, and a few other posters Hamilton never liked. Usually you don't come on this site brand new and have grudges against certain people.
Endy
Jack Enderman
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 12:44:48 am »
Ignore

He claimed to live in New York or Connecticut and to be wealthy, sort of a party boy who traveled all over the place on weekends to party. We never knew his name, if he had a Facebook, what he did, nothing. We usually have some idea about most prominent posters here and what they do.

Anyway, it was pretty apparent to me who Napoleon was given his behavior towards me, completely unprovoked, and a few other posters Hamilton never liked. Usually you don't come on this site brand new and have grudges against certain people.

2013, I think it was, I insulted him and I had a brief argument with him back early in the year. I could tell that something was off with it all. The argument, via PM, is stuffed WAYY back in my archives somewhere. I barely could recall, but of what I can remember it was something about him, Atlasia, and Wolfentoad. At the time I felt bad, but then again, there were quite a lot of conversations I had with people that turned out to be socks or sockmasters. Quite odd if I do say so myself. Tongue
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -6.26

P P

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 12:58:39 am »
Ignore

Yeah, after four years of being a non-disruptive poster on the forum, never considered a troublemaker, even someone who was liked well enough to be elected Atlasian President, Napoleon should be allowed to stay.

I will NOT be accepting any result other than a victory for America's next President, Governor Gary Earl Johnson Angry
Vice President PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 01:05:35 am »
Ignore

Yeah, after four years of being a non-disruptive poster on the forum, never considered a troublemaker, even someone who was liked well enough to be elected Atlasian President, Napoleon should be allowed to stay.

Nah, Napoleon was definitely a troublemaker. Especially when he refused to do anything and was chronically inactive as President.

Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 02:04:15 am »
Ignore

Boney was one of the worst.

The world is becoming globalized, but cosmopolitanism is being hijacked by the Davos Man. What choice is left besides nationalism? The thought is terrifying, to be honest.

I just hope Trump doesn't turn into some kind of Berlusconi-esque Teflon man.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 02:09:17 am »
Ignore

You really don't seem to know much about Napoleon then.

I remember back in Napoleon's early days plenty of people were saying this about him down in Atlasia because of our, shall we say, more direct history with Hamilton. I was convinced it was him for ages (Duke knows this more than anyone)... but everytime this was mentioned it never gained traction. That he turns out to be Hamilton is not surprising, but this should've been realized years ago. Amazing.
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -6.26

P P

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 02:10:48 am »
Ignore

Fascinating thread, here: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=183355.0

And credit given to Marokai where credit is due -- check out the date on this post:

his entire personality is not at all unlike Hamilton's.

I will NOT be accepting any result other than a victory for America's next President, Governor Gary Earl Johnson Angry
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2015, 03:04:27 am »
Ignore

Marokai had bigger balls than I to say what he said in that thread. I never called Nappy out publicly because I really didn't want to deal with any sort of PM fighting from him. I had my share from his minions he would send to do his dirty work as it was.

He loved to stir things up. He was hardly innocent and a forum saint.
Fmr. Pres. Griffin
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2015, 04:10:45 am »
Ignore

So, does this make me the Duke of Wellington? I think it does.

I think a lot of us made the claims that they were one and the same at some point or another. If this had happened two years ago, I'd have been cackling and ecstatic. Now, it just feels like...meh, and kind of sad, to be honest. He should be allowed to stay: you all know he's just going to come back, anyway (and certainly already has).

To some extent, Griffin was in many ways elected as a War time President because he viewed, not as the guy you want a beer with, but the guy you would go to a bar fight with.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2015, 11:15:56 am »
Ignore

Bummer.

I liked Nappy and got along with him. Aside from Fantasyland recruitment, I think he was the first person here to reach out to me. His profile indicated that he was a bit older than most and he liked football and NY sports, so we were likely to get along. Haven't talked to him in a long time, though, so oh well.

Hamilton was evidently before my time, so I don't know about him. And I don't really care to check.

PM:
Economic: -5.03
Social: -8.35

Compassion Fills the Void
BRTD
YaBB God
Ukraine

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 11:37:23 am »
Ignore

I don't and never did pay attention to Atlasia stuff.  I know he has made many socks. He also made me laugh a few times, which selfishly goes a long way in my book. I'm unfamiliar with any supposed sociopath behavior.

OK so then you are unfamiliar with how he dug up personal information from off the forum about other posters or started mocking one in a thread about how that poster's friend committed suicide then.

I'm finally seeing them! September 16.

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 01:47:26 pm »
Ignore

So who was the person with five sock accounts (of which Maistre was one)?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout