Christie/Fiorina vs. Clinton/Kaine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Christie/Fiorina vs. Clinton/Kaine
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christie/Fiorina vs. Clinton/Kaine  (Read 1359 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:13:35 PM »

How would this election match up look like in the electoral map?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:16:47 PM »

How would this election match up look like in the electoral map?
Clinton wins narrowly with ~290 EV's.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 06:29:19 PM »

Why am I not surprised?  A Democrat pretending to be an Independent,  could make such a pronouncement. So of course Hillary would win; so everyone in Hillaryland must be so so so happy. Hope for your sake you are not disappointed when she's actually defeated!  As they say, the great white hype is going to collapse under the weight of such high expectations!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 06:37:56 PM »

Why am I not surprised?  A Democrat pretending to be an Independent,  could make such a pronouncement. So of course Hillary would win; so everyone in Hillaryland must be so so so happy. Hope for your sake you are not disappointed when she's actually defeated!  As they say, the great white hype is going to collapse under the weight of such high expectations!

Will she lose in a bigger landslide than Obama did?

Romney/Ryan 325
Obama/Biden 213

Romney/Ryan 341
Obama/Biden 197

How's thing's Anvi? ....still here! LOL
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 06:41:37 PM »

These are fairly strong tickets, since it would suggest Christie and Fiorina's presidential campaigns have helped their reputations.

Christie's a newer face and seems to have better political skill than Clinton, who is also not the best positioned to argue against his preference for loyalty.

I think it would largely depend on the political environment.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:42:19 PM »

Christie - 275
Clinton - 263

A very close election, Ohio decides. I think Christie has more political skill, so I gave him the edge.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »

Since when do Democrats pretending to be Independents support Kasich? LOL

Anyway, I've noticed that Republicans tend to overestimate Christie, while Democrats underestimate him (you could say this of true of every Republican candidate, but I think it's especially true of Christie.) Christie would likely run on being a moderate, which would have some success, but Democrats would no doubt continue to milk the bridge scandal, which would poke holes in the argument that Christie is willing to work with Democrats. All in all, I think it would be a close race, he'd do better than most Republicans against Hillary, but I think Hillary would come out on top, in the end.

MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 10:47:36 PM »

The bridge scandal seems like old news now. It's not like the litany of Mitt gaffes.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 12:59:50 AM »

All we need is an ad featuring the relative of someone who died because of the bridge scandal, with the tag line "Chris Christie: A bridge to nowhere"
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 03:12:12 AM »

All we need is an ad featuring the relative of someone who died because of the bridge scandal, with the tag line "Chris Christie: A bridge to nowhere"
That would work even better if Palin was the VP candidate (not that that would happen).
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 05:38:53 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2015, 04:11:44 PM by heatmaster »

Again! The narrative continues that Hillary "wins" & once again a Democrat puts it forward.  As for an Democrat, pretending to be a Independent supporting Kasich,  maybe it's a case of seeing the light.  Glad to know that Democrats are getting tired of the Obama/"establishment" Democrat/ Clinton clown car; maybe pretending to be an "independent" illustrates the problem in the Democratic party; the left-wing orthodoxy forbids dissent.  Shame really lol
FDRDUTCH

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 09:35:37 AM »

I could easily support this Republican ticket. Though, I would give the edge to Hillary Clinton.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 10:54:23 AM »

Again! The narrative continues that Hillary "wins" & once again a Democrat puts it forward.  As for an Democrat, pretending to be a Democrat and supporting Kasich,  maybe it's a case of seeing the light.  Glad to know that Democrats are getting tired of the Obama/"establishment" Democrat/ Clinton clown car; maybe pretending to be an "independent" illustrates the problem in the Democratic party; the left-wing orthodoxy forbids dissent.  Shame really lol
are you all right?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 11:16:13 AM »

Again! The narrative continues that Hillary "wins" & once again a Democrat puts it forward.  As for an Democrat, pretending to be a Democrat and supporting Kasich,  maybe it's a case of seeing the light.  Glad to know that Democrats are getting tired of the Obama/"establishment" Democrat/ Clinton clown car; maybe pretending to be an "independent" illustrates the problem in the Democratic party; the left-wing orthodoxy forbids dissent.  Shame really lol

Is it that unreasonable to predict that Hillary will win at this point, considering her poll numbers? Sure, anything can happen, but the way things stand right now, Hillary's in good shape. Or maybe Wulfric is, you know, actually an Independent. I wouldn't say there's any "left wing orthodoxy" in the Democratic establishment. If anything, us left-wingers are the ones who are frustrated with the party. If you want to believe that the Democrats have no chance in 2016, go ahead. After all, I'm sure believing there was no way that Americans would re-elect Obama in 2012 worked out really well for you.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 04:23:23 PM »

Yes I'm alright!  Nice of you to ask, however there is a difference between 2012 & 2016, there has been another four years of Obama! and there is something called fatigue.  The rub is this, Obama has proven to be a major disappointment on many levels,  take your pick. The Daily news feeds,  are a narrative unto themselves. The facts are self explanatory,  the refusal by him or his handlers to refer to Islamic extremist's as exactly that, is a case in point, as to why this President is so out of step with conventional thinking on a whole variety of issues.  His refusal to acknowledge the results of the recent mid term elections is a prime example,  it was a different matter when he's the winner.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 10:28:22 PM »

While I am sympathetic to the annoyingness that can SOMETIMES arise from "neutral" avatars like independents seemingly getting more credit for being objective while clearly favoring one "side" ... at the same time, if they are actually registered independents and want their avatar to reflect that, more power to 'em.  Even though people like King and Vox are more or less ideologically in line with liberal forum Democrats and Bushie is the same except with forum Republicans, I kind of dig the sticking to your "real life" registration!  Besides, adds more ideological variety to our blues and reds (doesn't mean I can't argue with 'em!).

As for the OP, I personally think Christie has a better shot of winning PA and NH vs. Clinton than he does OH or VA.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies