FL: Grayson, DWS (among others) looking at Rubio's seat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Grayson, DWS (among others) looking at Rubio's seat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: FL: Grayson, DWS (among others) looking at Rubio's seat  (Read 7223 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 07:59:56 PM »

Grayson and DWS will lose. Both are too partisan and are only in congress because their districts were drawn specifically for them.

It's not as if Mr. Rubio is terribly unpopular, or scandal-ridden, or anything of the sort. Democrats need Murphy or Graham to win, and that's a fact. (Heck, I'd be willing to vote for either one, as they're both in the more conservative side of the democratic party, and Rubio's hardly some moderate stalwart and is willing to flip-flop solely for political gain.)

So, a partisan Republican can win a U.S. Senate seat but the same is not true of a partisan Democrat?

Sherrod Brown and Claire McCaskill have won in purple states when all they do is bash Republicans.

But how did they get there? It took a wave. So it would take either a Patrick Murphy + flawless campaign + Rubio stumble in a neutral environment, or a national wave carrying a generic Dem to get across the finish line for Democrats.

DWS is the worst. She's in it for herself and not the team. I hope she gets primaried in her district, and never runs for Senate.

Paul Hackett was the whacktivist candidate, not Sherrod Brown.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 09:09:43 PM »

Democrats won't need quite as much luck if Rubio decides to run for president instead. Then, I'd say their odds are about even money with someone like Murphy.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 10:30:02 PM »

Democrats won't need quite as much luck if Rubio decides to run for president instead. Then, I'd say their odds are about even money with someone like Murphy.

IDK, the Republicans have a very strong bench in the state.
DS0816
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »

Grayson and DWS will lose. Both are too partisan and are only in congress because their districts were drawn specifically for them.

It's not as if Mr. Rubio is terribly unpopular, or scandal-ridden, or anything of the sort. Democrats need Murphy or Graham to win, and that's a fact. (Heck, I'd be willing to vote for either one, as they're both in the more conservative side of the democratic party, and Rubio's hardly some moderate stalwart and is willing to flip-flop solely for political gain.)

So, a partisan Republican can win a U.S. Senate seat but the same is not true of a partisan Democrat?

Yes, because Rubio's good at coming off as more moderate than he is to the uninformed, because of incumbency, because he's not a raging socon, and because FL still has a republican lean, even if only a slight one, outside of presidential elections

^ Hypocrite ^
DS0816
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 01:43:49 PM »

Folks, you are evidently unaware that Alan Grayson actually talks about the issues which affect most voters.

I agree with the poster who wants the Democrats to run Alan Grayson. If it's a presidential year won by a Democrat, and Florida will carry, then Alan Grayson can unseat Marco Rubio. Now, that of course can be disputed for those who have no problem with the Koch brothers owning Marco Rubio and figuring that Koch money will make the difference. But, there's another Atlas Forum  thread in which Republican posters (and independents who actually are Republicans) figure that has no impact.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 02:21:16 PM »

Folks, you are evidently unaware that Alan Grayson actually talks about the issues which affect most voters.

I agree with the poster who wants the Democrats to run Alan Grayson. If it's a presidential year won by a Democrat, and Florida will carry, then Alan Grayson can unseat Marco Rubio. Now, that of course can be disputed for those who have no problem with the Koch brothers owning Marco Rubio and figuring that Koch money will make the difference. But, there's another Atlas Forum  thread in which Republican posters (and independents who actually are Republicans) figure that has no impact.

Grayson has as good a chance of winning as Michelle Bachmann would if she ran against Klobucher in 2018.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 09:11:31 AM »

SaintPetersBlog knows who we really need to run.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 11:03:57 AM »

How bout that:

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2015, 10:23:13 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2015, 10:33:40 PM »

You were joking when you said Crist is the man we need to run, right?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2015, 10:46:59 PM »

As one of the few people on this forum who doesn't despise Crist...please god no.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2015, 11:14:53 PM »

I think Charlie Crist is going to save the Florida Democrats

By making them realize even they wouldnt stoop that low

Never overestimate Florida Democrats.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »

I think you mean underestimate.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 02:16:15 AM »

Only if I said overestimate how much they suck at elections.

I think you mean underestimate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »

Quinnipiac shows Rubio at 36-36 favorability. He's definitely vulnerable, particularly if he scampers back with his tail between his legs after an aborted presidential run. FL Republicans are probably better off lining up a different candidate if he decides to run for president.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2015, 05:45:07 PM »

More from Grayson:

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »

While running boring inoffensive people in the midterms has doomed Florida Democrats, they need to run a boring inoffensive person to ride Hillary. No Grayson or DWS.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2015, 06:11:35 PM »

While running boring inoffensive people in the midterms has doomed Florida Democrats, they need to run a boring inoffensive person to ride Hillary. No Grayson or DWS.

I'm sure they'll find a way to blow this by nominating one of them.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »

Alan Grayson will make Christine O'Donnell 2010 look like a legitimate candidate.

Needless to say, I can't wait to see it!
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2015, 11:49:24 PM »

I'm sure they'll find a way to blow this by nominating one of them.

FL Dems are amazing at losing. I don't think that Grayson could make it through the primary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2015, 11:21:52 AM »

With Ohio hanging in balance and with Strickland as a strong recruit over Sittenfield, who won't win, I think we will have the five senate seats needed to reestablish control OH,ILL, WI, FL-with Murphy, not Grayson, and PA-which will be the tipping point race of this election.
Panda Express

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 07:37:19 PM »

Grayson would make the race entertaining. The most important thing to me, is that the campaign is interesting.
hopper
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »

You guys have your own Koch: his name is Tom Steyer!

Grayson won't win a race statewide: he is too polarizing.
hopper
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 09:33:31 PM »

On immigration he has flipped before true.
hopper
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2015, 09:45:39 PM »

Sherrod Brown and Claire McCaskill have won in purple states when all they do is bash Republicans.

But how did they get there? It took a wave. So it would take either a Patrick Murphy + flawless campaign + Rubio stumble in a neutral environment, or a national wave carrying a generic Dem to get across the finish line for Democrats.

DWS is the worst. She's in it for herself and not the team. I hope she gets primaried in her district, and never runs for Senate.
Brown has bashed Republicans. McCaskill I think she is critical skeptical of both parties.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies