State rivalries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:28:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  State rivalries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State rivalries  (Read 2336 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: January 26, 2015, 09:57:14 PM »

What are some disparaging stereotypes you hear about neighboring states or provinces?

Being from Minnesota, we love/hate Wisconsin. 

We think they drink too much and are too vulgar but secretly admire them.  They're crazy partiers. Its Minnesota's sin pit.  We go there to do things considered uncouth in MN...like drinking enormous amounts of cheap liquor at Camp Jellystone at Wisconsin Dells.  Like in that respect it's the Minnie Apple's Long Island or Jersey Shore...just appropriately more German and a whole lot more cheap booze and heart cloggingly delicious food.  In fact...I think everybody should experience Wisconsin.  Lewis Black loves Wisconsin...that should be convincing enough.

Also, going to UW Madison at Halloween is a pilgrimage for college partiers across the midwest.

That said,...the packers suck...their cops are racist against Minnesotans, and we're slightly better than them in most quality of life indicators which fills us with immense scornful pride that people like Canadians can understand.

But Iowa sucks and North Dakota is full of everybodies' elderly family members cuz my God North Dakotan invasion (brtd)...and South Dakota...south dawhata? Oh yeah...that other Dakota.  Isnt that by Nebraska?

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 06:00:17 PM »

Verin is right...there is a strong kinship as Wisconsin is quite similar to MN in many underlying, important ways.

Like..we can call Sconies crazy belligerent drunks who partake in too much sausage, cheese, sauerkraut, and beer...and all things German...but if a Californian tries to put WI down by suggesting their hot dusty grassless dairy lots are better than green WI, then we jump to the rescue (mainly bu threatening to send vikings to their shore to pillage and raid and convert Californians to Lutheranism)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies