Office of HagridOfTheDeep
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:38:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of HagridOfTheDeep
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of HagridOfTheDeep  (Read 2115 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2015, 12:38:23 AM »
« edited: March 05, 2015, 10:53:34 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Friends—

It’s been a while since I last sought elected office, and a lot has changed in my life and in the story of Atlasia… but I think the time has finally come to re-enter the scene. So, it’s with a mixed sense of trepidation and excitement that I announce my candidacy for the office of IDS Senator. I know the odds are long, but I think I can do a lot of good in the senate. And right now, the shape of things in Atlasia isn’t looking too great. In me, you’ll get an active and independent voice. I can’t think of anything more Southern than that. Wink

I know the talk will be that I’m challenging an Atlasian institution—and Yankee deserves accolades for the time he’s given this game. At the same time, I believe the people of the Imperial Dominion of the South deserve a clear choice for their regional senator, which is something that’s been lacking for quite a while. I hope my candidacy can provide voters who want a fresh voice with another option—and we’ll just have to see how it goes! I look forward to a friendly but spirited race.

Over the coming weeks, I’ll be releasing more details about my record, my vision for the country, and how I plan to go about representing the IDS. In the past, I have served as an at-large senator, chairman of a major political party, and a cabinet official. I work hard, build solid relationships, and, lately, have taken a liking to leaving the partisan BS at the door. In all, I think I have what it takes to be a strong senator. I hope you’ll come to the same conclusion and lend me your support.

Right now though, all I ask is that you follow my campaign closely and ask questions whenever you have them. I’ll try my best to answer. Smiley

Thanks so much. I look forward to the weeks ahead.

Cheers,

HagridOfTheDeep
Secretary of the Interior
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:46:32 AM »

Endorsed!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:36:00 AM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »

awesome logo
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 11:56:38 AM »

Thanks, lol. I think the font is butt ugly, but it was the most Hagrid-ish thing I could find for my first senate campaign at the time, so I thought I'd bring it back and modernize it for the current endeavour. Tongue
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 01:39:37 PM »

Good luck trying to bring down the Yank Tank Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 01:54:40 PM »

I think it goes without saying that I plan to vote for Yankee, but you're still cool. Good luck with your campaign.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:34 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »

Endorsed!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 08:26:37 AM »

Congratulations and welcome to the Senate! Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 09:27:54 AM »

Congratulations and welcome to the Senate! Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 09:29:39 AM »

You have done the seemingly impossible, and as such, I congratulate you. Welcome to the Senate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 09:53:09 AM »

It's so weird to see Yankee defeated Huh

Congratulations.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 09:58:15 AM »

congratulations Cheesy
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 10:35:54 AM »

Congratulations! Smiley
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 11:57:01 AM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »

You have done the seemingly impossible, and as such, I congratulate you. Welcome to the Senate.

This and congrats!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »

Well, a date to put in the chronicle! Congrats. Wow.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »

I just want to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I know my victory will have various different meanings for different people, but for me it's about returning to the senate where I've always had the most fun in this game.

Yankee is an accomplished and honourable public servant, and I hope he'll continue finding ways to contribute to the game. I encourage people to reach out to him over the next couple weeks and thank him for his service.

As for me, I look forward to starting my work in the senate. If anyone ever has questions or concerns, my door is always open. Congratulations to the other victors.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 08:18:22 PM »

You did what nobody in six years could do. Congratulations on your win, Hagrid!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »

Congrats Hagrid. I hope you'll be as great as the man you're replacing.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »

I would just like to issue a brief note about my activity on the forum in the weeks following the last election. While I apologize for leaving the Department of the Interior in a state of relative inactivity, I’m comfortable admitting that it was best for me to stay out of the fray in the immediate aftermath of my senate win. I have not issued statements on some of the threats we’ve seen across the nation, but I remain convinced that I have taken appropriate action to protect Atlasian life.

Regarding my campaign: I ran for the senate because I believe I can be a good senator and I know it’s something I’ll enjoy—not because I had any plans to send the right into turmoil or disrespect Senator North Carolina Yankee. With some individuals prancing on graves, stirring the pot, and trying to pull me into the fray, I didn’t want my presence to be a distraction. I currently have no plans to register as anything other than an Independent, and I look forward to swearing into my first term as the South’s regional senator. I have a number of bills I will be presenting soon, and I promise to be an active voice in the next session. Maybe it’s asking too much, but I hope I can dedicate time to being a legislator… not a politician.

Thanks.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 11:34:52 PM »

Good luck man. I hope you enjoye it at least a fraction as much as did (anymore would be impossible Tongue).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 11:51:24 PM »

Hagrid, you have a job to do that was entrusted to you by the President and the Senate. Likewise, we all are trusted to have a certain amount of maturity by our participation here. You, me, Yankee, everyone. Losing is a part of the game, and one that most everyone who runs will eventually experience. Regardless of what some people say or do, you have to do your job.

To sacrifice that to "stay out of the fray" is hardly respectful and quite frankly infantilizing. We're big people here. We can handle losses and setbacks, and anybody who can't should consider getting out of the kitchen before it gets too hot. Celebrating wins is the least of what happens, and we don't need prominent politicans ducking out over a few post-election comments.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 07:37:17 AM »

I believe the only job I have not done as prescribed to me by law is the issuance of a report on reparations to Black people and Native Atlasians. By the time the CRA passed, the administration had already lost its mandate.

I understand you disagree with me, but the truth is, the Secretary of Internal Affairs is an ill-defined position that is what the officeholder makes of it. I don't think that's a bad thing, because it's also not the most necessary thing in the world for the functioning of the game. Someone can personally flourish in the role and feel rewarded, or someone can be more low-key and everything's still okay. I did respond to events (despite the fact that my office has very little control over any of the agencies that could help stop a terrorist attack) and it was noted that my actions saved lives. I would guess that had I not come in here to post an update, few people would have said anything at all... But I brought down Yankee, so now I'm held to a different standard than all the other SoIAs who start out strong and start to fade.

I decided it was best for me not to feel goaded into making my win out to be something extraordinary. But I also believe the pattern of flatlining SoIAs (it pretty much happens to all of them) is something that needs to be discussed, and I think my experience in the role will be an asset in the senate when we discuss game reform issues. I apologize for making the choice to stay away... But unfortunately it didn't really matter. Doing a quick search, no one even wondered where I was. That's just as much of a problem as anything else... These jobs need to matter, and if they don't, maybe it's time I cast another vote to eliminate them (or change them in a substantial way).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies