RINO Mike Pence has agreed to Obamacare Medicaid expansion in Indiana...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:34:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  RINO Mike Pence has agreed to Obamacare Medicaid expansion in Indiana...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RINO Mike Pence has agreed to Obamacare Medicaid expansion in Indiana...  (Read 2720 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »

...though with some qualifications.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/27/indiana-medicaid-expansion_n_6555414.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »

Better than nothing, I guess.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »

I'm sure this will change no one's opinion that he's a right-winger on this deranged and epically partisan site. Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 02:54:19 PM »

I'm sure this will change no one's opinion that he's a right-winger on this deranged and epically partisan site. Sad

It's pretty sad that the qualification for not being a right-winger now is "accepting federal funds into the state budget."

I guess Rick Perry really moved to the left when he ran for President in 2012, thus acknowledging that the federal government exists. A true pragmatist.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »

It's pretty sad that the qualification for not being a right-winger now is "accepting federal funds into the state budget."

I guess Rick Perry really moved to the left when he ran for President in 2012, thus acknowledging that the federal government exists. A true pragmatist.

I'm not even saying he's a moderate at all.  But all it takes on this forum to be called a "ConservaDem" or "DINO" is to be someone like Mark Pryor who votes for all liberal fiscal policy (including Obamacare) and has one or two token socially conservative views or Andrew Cuomo who toes the party line on everything except signing a pro-business tax cut.

Seems like kind of a double standard.  It's like if you're liberal on everything, you start at a rating of normal, and every move toward the aggregate center is a lurch toward being a right-winger.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »

The news is that the Obama administration has accepted Indiana's plan for the funds. They've been negotiating this for quite a while, IIRC since Mitch Daniels was governor.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »

Accepting Modified Medicaid Expansion /=/ being a moderate.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »

And being liberal on all your fiscal policies but being "against" gay marriage and barely pro-life (Mark Pryor) doesn't make you conservative.  I never once said Pence was moderate, I was making a point of how biased this forum is at analyzing who is mainstream and who is "left-wing/right-wing."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 05:11:03 PM »

Good for him - hopefully Sam Brownback is next.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 05:19:32 PM »

And being liberal on all your fiscal policies but being "against" gay marriage and barely pro-life (Mark Pryor) doesn't make you conservative.  I never once said Pence was moderate, I was making a point of how biased this forum is at analyzing who is mainstream and who is "left-wing/right-wing."
Not everything. That minimum wage measure that passed with >60%? Pryor opposed it.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 05:21:16 PM »

Good for him - hopefully Sam Brownback is next.
Is Brownback actually considering it?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »

Pryor was also against a federal minimum wage increase, not exactly a liberal stalwart on the environment, voted against Manchin-Toomey, etc. etc.

You picked a really bad example here. If you want a good one, look at Hillary Clinton, who is a standard liberal with a hawkish streak but who everyone acts like is a far right winger that makes Ted Cruz look like a Marxist. Because muh Iraq War vote and she made a speech to some CEOs or something.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 05:35:56 PM »

Does anybody love the irony of a guy called ROCKEFELLER GOP calling other people partisan.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 05:38:32 PM »

My state is the only state with a GOP Governor that isn't a certifiable right winger. Nevada, too. Maybe Maryland, maybe.

Haslam in Tennessee is a fairly disingenuous right-winger because he's in Tennessee and doesn't have much of a choice, but he's still a right-winger in action.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2015, 06:26:09 PM by Rockefeller GOP »

My state is the only state with a GOP Governor that isn't a certifiable right winger. Nevada, too. Maybe Maryland, maybe.

Haslam in Tennessee is a fairly disingenuous right-winger because he's in Tennessee and doesn't have much of a choice, but he's still a right-winger in action.

How can you call people like Rauner and Baker "right-wingers" with a straight face?

And, out of curiosity, would you call ANY Democratic governors left-wingers?  Or is calling people fringe reserved for those you don't agree with?
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 06:24:39 PM »

Does anybody love the irony of a guy called ROCKEFELLER GOP calling other people partisan.

Not seein' it.  At all.  I regularly criticize my party.  I realize that on some issues (gun control), I'm very conservative.  I realize that on others (immigration reform), I'm quite liberal.  I don't try to move the political spectrum to tailor to my views and act like anyone to the right or to the left is insane.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 06:32:46 PM »

Rockefeller GOP = Oldiesfreak
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 06:35:53 PM »

LOL, that's just lazy.  And pretty insulting.  I'd like to hear the direct similarities besides not thinking that everyone with an R next to their name isn't an extremist, a view that isn't exactly controversial outside of Atlas.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 08:15:25 PM »

Um Gov. Pence, you're supposed to reject stuff like this. We want Obamacare repealed or at least nullified asap.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »

How can you call people like Rauner and Baker "right-wingers" with a straight face?

And, out of curiosity, would you call ANY Democratic governors left-wingers?  Or is calling people fringe reserved for those you don't agree with?

I forgot about Baker, him too.  

Rauner, as far as I know, is just another "I am sort of pro-choice so that means I'm not conservative." No dice.

There aren't that many Democratic Governors at the moment, but I would say Jerry Brown and Pete Shumlin are fairly left.  Mark Dayton, too. Most of the names that come to mind are former Governors like Dean or Chaffee.

It's funny how you assume I have a hackish agenda when you're the one trying to be intellectually dishonest about how conservative the GOP has become.  I honestly don't care either way. I don't have an agenda. I'm just telling you the facts.  The GOP is very, very conservative the moment. I'm not even saying that's a bad thing. That's okay as long as you admit it and embrace it.  

But this "Rockefeller" Republican act where you try to act like the GOP is giant diverse tent and defend anything somebody with an R next their name does is delusional.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 10:22:50 PM »

Um Gov. Pence, you're supposed to reject stuff like this. We want Obamacare repealed or at least nullified asap.

How's that "likely secession" over gay marriage going?
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 10:32:53 PM »

And, out of curiosity, would you call ANY Democratic governors left-wingers?  Or is calling people fringe reserved for those you don't agree with?

I forgot about Baker, him too.  

Rauner, as far as I know, is just another "I am sort of pro-choice so that means I'm not conservative." No dice.

There aren't that many Democratic Governors at the moment, but I would say Jerry Brown and Pete Shumlin are fairly left.  Mark Dayton, too. Most of the names that come to mind are former Governors like Dean or Chaffee.

It's funny how you assume I have a hackish agenda when you're the one trying to be intellectually dishonest about how conservative the GOP has become.  I honestly don't care either way. I don't have an agenda. I'm just telling you the facts.  The GOP is very, very conservative the moment. I'm not even saying that's a bad thing. That's okay as long as you admit it and embrace it.  

But this "Rockefeller" Republican act where you try to act like the GOP is giant diverse tent and defend anything somebody with an R next their name does is delusional.

I'm not denying that the GOP (or its rather powerful base, which I think is more accurate) has gotten much more conservative, and I even think it's clear that I'm not a fan of said trend.  I do admit that I get somewhat up in arms about the claim that the old "Yankee Republicans" are largely Dems now, as I still know a ton of them personally.  Sadly, a lot abstain and certainly more would with a Huckabee or Santorum.  However, I see the governors' mansions as an arena where the GOP ISN'T overly right wing, hence its non-gerrymandered successes there.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 11:37:50 AM »

I guess the standard for being a right-wing Governor is refusing to give poor people in your own state health care out of sheer spite for Obummer. Tongue
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 12:06:25 PM »

I guess the standard for being a right-wing Governor is refusing to give poor people in your own state health care out of sheer spite for Obummer. Tongue

Again, not what I was saying. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies