Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:29:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP  (Read 11341 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »

Everyone deserves another chance.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 09:15:49 PM »

But no third bite at the apple. #NoThanksMitt
Foucaulf
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 10:23:14 PM »

Dude should've been smart enough to leave his contact information with his chance. I wonder why perennial sock users never think of this?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 10:35:41 PM »

That some of you would consider a person we've always known so little of a true friend speaks only to your exceedingly low standards. And to continue to like him after the revelation that in fact, yes, he was a total liar all long means you just have none.

I have heard most of the 'sock' rumours about people, and maybe I'm not in the loop... but I never thought he was a sock, let alone one of 'his'.

So, he kind of made fools out of a lot of us. He wasn't a friend, he was a fraud. And if you're happy being friends with a persona, that's your call but you might need to re-evaluate some of your choices.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 10:58:41 PM »

I only know him in the context of Atlasia and when I joined he was Napoleon so I don't know the previous usernames he might have used. He had good knowledge of Atlasia and he was kind enough to answer me when I was searching for a law or trying to understand the meaning of articles in the constitution. When he wanted he contributed a lot, he had great electoral success and his presence made the game interesting.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 11:30:51 PM »

Things make much more sense now.  I dont know if I should be mad, sad, concerned, or just impressed.  I'm kinda all of them.

I think mild sociopaths have found a niche on the internet with sock accounts.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 11:58:34 PM »

First of my forum buddies to be banned. Feels a bit weird.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 12:02:04 AM »

That some of you would consider a person we've always known so little of a true friend speaks only to your exceedingly low standards. And to continue to like him after the revelation that in fact, yes, he was a total liar all long means you just have none.

Welcome to the Internet, friend.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 01:48:43 AM »

I always suspected something about him...and he would corroborate that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 05:09:57 AM »

I think some leniency is in order with regard to the length of any ban that may be forthcoming. Napoleon was always great to me and did not behave in any way that would be otherwise ban-worthy. Others have been allowed to come back after a reasonable timespan, and I hope the same is the case here.

No. No. Just no. If there is one single poster in the forum's entire history who should be kept away from it forever, it's Hamilton.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 05:41:55 AM »

AN ODE TO THE TWATTER

Ohai there and hello, heir to the ol' JCP
That in the past seventeen elections, have won all but three
Centrist, liberal, libertarian: who cares?
Just tell 'em what they want to hear, if the circle fits the square

You once were a President, but now you are not
You once had a Party, but now it just rots
You once had a henchman, but alas, no more
You'll always be a c*nt, though, but that's a bit of a bore

Armed with PMs, you'll try and you'll quest
To destroy the left, 'cause you're no longer the best
You'll burn the village in order to save it
Or just burn the damn village because you can't slave it

So keep on trolling
We'll keep on eyerolling
Those who know, know
And their numbers shall grow
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 05:51:07 AM »

I think some leniency is in order with regard to the length of any ban that may be forthcoming. Napoleon was always great to me and did not behave in any way that would be otherwise ban-worthy. Others have been allowed to come back after a reasonable timespan, and I hope the same is the case here.

No. No. Just no. If there is one single poster in the forum's entire history who should be kept away from it forever, it's Hamilton.

Yep. I'd rather have opebo back than Hamilton, who was easily the most disruptive troll ever. As much as the whole Napoleon thing may be amusing, Kyle needs to find some other obsession. It's been five years since his ban and he still can't get over it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 05:57:15 AM »

Remember these threads?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=168891.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=176608.0

Hamilton. I suspect he's still with us. We just have not sniffed him out yet.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »

I'm gonna change back to D-MN so no one confuses it with memorializing this creep.
I though the reason you had a D-NY avatar was because of something to to with Hillary Clinton and her impending Presidential campaign.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 08:21:04 AM »

I appreciate your point of view, and appreciation of his "admirable" skills at incorrigibility, but alas nobody, absolutely nobody,  in the Cave shares it. Hamilton has even less of a chance of coming back "legally" than jmfcst, and, despite BRTD's indefatigable campaign on his behalf, jmfcst's prospects of a resurrection on the Fahrenheit scale are either at, or asymptotically close to, minus 452 degrees, i.e., absolute zero. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 08:28:21 AM »

I appreciate your point of view, and appreciation of his "admirable" skills at incorrigibility, but alas nobody, absolutely nobody,  in the Cave shares it. Hamilton has even less of a chance of coming back "legally" than jmfcst, and, despite BRTD's indefatigable campaign on his behalf, jmfcst's prospects of a resurrection on the Fahrenheit scale are either at, or asymptotically close to, minus 452 degrees, i.e., absolute zero. 

When did you turn on him?

Well the brat from Bakersfield was quite buffed and posted hot pictures. Give the guy his due.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 08:38:42 AM »

Life is not all about my personal gratification Morden. Just most of it. Smiley
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 11:02:23 AM »

Very well. Thanks for the response.

Admittedly, I know nothing firsthand of Hamilton or whoever was behind that shtick, only secondhand info here and there, and I really haven't bothered to check it all out. I guess it's quite a saga. Maybe sometime when I have the time I will.

Indeed, though, creating a sock after being banned is one of the deadly sins, so that's that.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08:59 PM »

Atlas has rules against socks for a number of reasons. It does legitimate discourse no favors to have someone create fake posters simply for the narcissistic purpose of arguing and scoring points. It shows a complete lack of respect for the limited number of actual rules we have around here. And it hampers the integrity of that silly little Atlas government simulation that so many of you seem to like.

A lot of you seem to think that the rules shouldn't apply if a poster is a friend of yours or appears to be a "nice guy." That's not how this site -- or the real world -- works.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »

"The fictional persona created by a sick sociopath was my friend, please let it stay".
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »

. . . the limited number of actual rules we have around here.

And that's about 75% of the problem (that you guys allow attack threads is ridiculous), and is probably why there's such resentment for the authority structure in some quarters. The other 25% of the problem is that some who actually cross the thin red line get to come back after a month, some after a year, some never.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »

. . . the limited number of actual rules we have around here.

And that's about 75% of the problem (that you guys allow attack threads is ridiculous), and is probably why there's such resentment for the authority structure in some quarters. The other 25% of the problem is that some who actually cross the thin red line get to come back after a month, some after a year, some never.

When it comes to prospects for reinstatement, socking (other than for innocent ministerial reasons or based on ignorance) moves a poster towards the "never" category at warp speed.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »

I don't know why people think the main issue here is socking.  Hamilton isn't banned for socking.  He's banned for all the stuff he did years ago that got him banned in the first place.  The many sock accounts created after that banning are just reasons not to reconsider the original ban.

The people who only get temp bans for socking are people for whom Nym would not ban them at all if it weren't for the socking.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 05:16:12 PM »

I don't get you people sometimes. Napoleon was pretty clearly a psycho in spite of being a fake persona. That he turns out to be Hamilton makes him maybe the most banworthy poster ever. Just because you were fooled by a sociopath you want him to come back? Incomprehensible.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 05:31:39 PM »

I don't get you people sometimes. Napoleon was pretty clearly a psycho in spite of being a fake persona. That he turns out to be Hamilton makes him maybe the most banworthy poster ever. Just because you were fooled by a sociopath you want him to come back? Incomprehensible.

The sock iteration caused less waves than the genuine article (the genuine article was getting close to causing a mass Mod resignation was my impression, and, as my further impression, did precipitate DAVE making some substantial administrative changes, much to the dismay of some Forumites - so give Hamilton credit for being a change agent). That's the content of the Brief. It gets traction from those who prefer that the Forum be as near the edge to DAVE just shutting it down as possible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies