Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:09:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP  (Read 11273 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »

How was "Napoleon" clearly a psycho? He always seemed fine to me. Before he turned out to be a sock, I didn't think he was controversial at all.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »

You all realize the person behind Napoleon doesn't exist, right? It was a false persona. That "person" doesn't exist and never has, so you aren't losing a friend, unless you want to be friends with Kyle, and if so, good luck with that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 06:35:57 PM »

How was "Napoleon" clearly a psycho? He always seemed fine to me. Before he turned out to be a sock, I didn't think he was controversial at all.

I had to deal with all his fcking reports from Atlasia. Both the ones directed at his weird outbursts and the numerous ones he made himself. He'd also send me weird PMs about it sometimes. I didn't interact much with him beyond that but I got a distinct impression of a disturbed person from all that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2015, 07:50:50 PM »

You all realize the person behind Napoleon doesn't exist, right? It was a false persona. That "person" doesn't exist and never has, so you aren't losing a friend, unless you want to be friends with Kyle, and if so, good luck with that.

This. "Napoleon" does not exist. So in a sense you have kind of lost a friend but the anger should be at the manipulative sick mind who did that to you by creating the false friend.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 07:54:54 PM »

I always thought "Napoleon" was a bit...off.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2015, 01:08:55 AM »

I always thought "Napoleon" was a bit...off.

to St. Helena?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2015, 01:31:46 AM »

I'm pretty disappointed, to say the least. This is causing me to re-evaluate my future on the forum.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2015, 01:58:36 AM »

This. "Napoleon" does not exist. So in a sense you have kind of lost a friend but the anger should be at the manipulative sick mind who did that to you by creating the false friend.

What about Napoleon does not exist?  That he's just an internet persona?  Well aren't we all, except for those few who have met offline.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2015, 02:23:47 AM »

Something just seems...strange...about this.

I can't reconcile some of the conversations I've had with Napoleon with that person being Hamilton.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2015, 04:25:03 AM »

I find it very odd to see posts that defend Hamilton.

In addition to his general sociopathic behavior when he posted as "Hamilton" and all the nasty stuff in Atlasia I remember two very bizarre occurrences during his "Napoleon" incarnation.

Most of you are probably familiar with the "Survivor" board. There was a game involving a number of American cities, and one of these cities happened to be the hometown of a user "Napoleon" held a grudge against. So what did "Napoleon" do? He frantically sent out PMs to  posters who participated in the game to make them vote out the city where that other poster came from.

On another occasion, which involved another user he disliked, he dug up personal information about that guy online and subsequently made a phone call to the office of the politician the latter poster had volunteered for.

Seriously, we should be glad the guy's gone (for now).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2015, 08:31:36 AM »

I find it very odd to see posts that defend Hamilton.

In addition to his general sociopathic behavior when he posted as "Hamilton" and all the nasty stuff in Atlasia I remember two very bizarre occurrences during his "Napoleon" incarnation.

Most of you are probably familiar with the "Survivor" board. There was a game involving a number of American cities, and one of these cities happened to be the hometown of a user "Napoleon" held a grudge against. So what did "Napoleon" do? He frantically sent out PMs to  posters who participated in the game to make them vote out the city where that other poster came from.

On another occasion, which involved another user he disliked, he dug up personal information about that guy online and subsequently made a phone call to the office of the politician the latter poster had volunteered for.

Seriously, we should be glad the guy's gone (for now).

Just wanted to say that this was an excellent post.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2015, 06:13:49 PM »

How was the Napoleon sock able to avoid detection for so long, given the numerous other Hamilton socks that have been found?  And what did he do that exposed him now?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2015, 06:31:55 PM by Duke »

I don't know. I remember asking about him years ago because I thought he was Hamilton, and Marokai and others can attest to that, but inks or whoever it was said they couldn't get an IP for him or something bizarre, so it was never really addressed.

I've always suspected it. His strange grudge against me after no previous run ins was really what convinced me of who it was. I don't have many forum enemies except Hamilton and his minions, so it was odd Napoleon joined and immediately had a problem with me. I knew Napoleon wasn't who he claimed to be.

He also, along with his friend wolfentoad, would tell people I was a rapist to get members to join their party in atlasia.

So yeah, please don't defend this guy. We don't want him back.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2015, 06:41:37 PM »

What gets me is, he actually went out of his way to be friendly to me.  No other incarnation of Hamilton has PMed me at all, ever that I can recall, or said nice things about me publicly.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:59 PM »

I wonder why Hamilton's "Napolean" persona was such a big fan of mine?   I literally never interacted with Hamilton.  I just figured it was the same reason all the Midatlanticers tend to rub along with another so well (Lief, Gramps, Phil, EH, myself, etc.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2015, 10:23:02 PM »

It's worth nothing that I was on an extended hiatus during Hamilton's reign so I guess I'd never notice similarities. But I am going to note something without getting too immersed in this nonsense: it's amusing how some of you rail against "Napoleon's" supposed evilness yet you defend some equally whacked out people around here. But don't let that tiny crack in your glass house bother you.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »

Going through my PMs, a lot of nice words from Napolean.  Maybe Napolean is the real Kyle Mercado and Hamilton is how he takes out his aggression?   It's all very bizarre.  It's not like, say, if opebo and Bushie turned out to be the same person... But it's up there in crazy Atlas lore.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2015, 11:17:53 PM »

Going through my PMs, a lot of nice words from Napolean.  Maybe Napolean is the real Kyle Mercado and Hamilton is how he takes out his aggression?   It's all very bizarre.  It's not like, say, if opebo and Bushie turned out to be the same person... But it's up there in crazy Atlas lore.

I mean, "Hamilton" was five years ago. When the guy was in his teens. It's not ridiculous to believe that someone can change in five years, especially when they're so young.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2015, 11:35:23 PM »

I mean, "Hamilton" was five years ago. When the guy was in his teens. It's not ridiculous to believe that someone can change in five years, especially when they're so young.

No.  Not at all out of the realm of possibility. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2015, 01:28:12 AM »

No.  Not at all out of the realm of possibility. 

Like I said on the Atlas board, if Hamilton were still operating under the same conditions as he was when he was banned, then Atlasia would have been his raison d'etre for coming here. As the person who probably was responsible for the most cock-blocking of him in that game, I would think that I would have been at the very top of that persona's sh!t list if it were the case. He could obviously and very easily tried to do something to me in that capacity, but nothing like that has happened. There's always tomorrow, though, I suppose.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2015, 07:19:51 AM »

Except he haven't changed at all. Instead of letting it go when he was banned and then asking, after a reasonable period of time, to be let back, he kept trolling by dozens of his sock accounts.

There must be a line.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2015, 07:43:18 AM »

One thing we should all have learned from this forum, both due to our Oklahoman comrade and our experiences with the disastrous unbannings of Libertas and Einzige, is that people never, ever change.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2015, 08:33:30 AM »

this is, certainly, an internet forum about politics. that's the most I can get from this thread.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2015, 08:50:49 AM »

Oh wow, hahah. Legendary stuff, RIP FF!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2015, 09:27:50 AM »

this is, certainly, an internet forum about politics. that's the most I can get from this thread.

It is, but it is also so much more.  Where else does this Hamilton saga go down?  Seriously.  We should also be grateful that this is the biggest problem we actually have to deal with.  Sockmasters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies