Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:16:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP  (Read 11490 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »

You all realize the person behind Napoleon doesn't exist, right? It was a false persona. That "person" doesn't exist and never has, so you aren't losing a friend, unless you want to be friends with Kyle, and if so, good luck with that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2015, 06:31:55 PM by Duke »

I don't know. I remember asking about him years ago because I thought he was Hamilton, and Marokai and others can attest to that, but inks or whoever it was said they couldn't get an IP for him or something bizarre, so it was never really addressed.

I've always suspected it. His strange grudge against me after no previous run ins was really what convinced me of who it was. I don't have many forum enemies except Hamilton and his minions, so it was odd Napoleon joined and immediately had a problem with me. I knew Napoleon wasn't who he claimed to be.

He also, along with his friend wolfentoad, would tell people I was a rapist to get members to join their party in atlasia.

So yeah, please don't defend this guy. We don't want him back.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:07:15 PM »

"Keep the monkey around because it amuses us" is a more sympathetic argument, but understandably it's not one that holds much appeal for anyone responsible for shoveling the monkey's feces.

Yes yes yes, i'm no ignorant, AN.  I understand that the socks create headaches for our mods, and that they have very thankless jobs.  But the murder of opebo had long-lasting repercussions where a lot of us want to be big rabble-rousers in FC, for lack of a better term. 

That's not quite what I meant, HD. My reaction is less a matter of glee over the banning of another Kyle Mercado sock than it is of relief that "Napoleon" never existed, except as a performance put on at our expense.

I just wish more people would understand. When you say "I didn't like Hamilton but Napoleon was my friend," it just sounds that person isn't all there.

Napoleon as the person most people "knew" never existed, so I can't believe there are people who keep saying we should keep this persona around because he was nice to them. For those of us who Kyle's Napoleon did not like, we know he hasn't changed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies