Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:31:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP  (Read 11491 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:59 PM »

I wonder why Hamilton's "Napolean" persona was such a big fan of mine?   I literally never interacted with Hamilton.  I just figured it was the same reason all the Midatlanticers tend to rub along with another so well (Lief, Gramps, Phil, EH, myself, etc.)
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »

Going through my PMs, a lot of nice words from Napolean.  Maybe Napolean is the real Kyle Mercado and Hamilton is how he takes out his aggression?   It's all very bizarre.  It's not like, say, if opebo and Bushie turned out to be the same person... But it's up there in crazy Atlas lore.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:35:23 PM »

Going through my PMs, a lot of nice words from Napolean.  Maybe Napolean is the real Kyle Mercado and Hamilton is how he takes out his aggression?   It's all very bizarre.  It's not like, say, if opebo and Bushie turned out to be the same person... But it's up there in crazy Atlas lore.

I mean, "Hamilton" was five years ago. When the guy was in his teens. It's not ridiculous to believe that someone can change in five years, especially when they're so young.

No.  Not at all out of the realm of possibility. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:27:50 AM »

this is, certainly, an internet forum about politics. that's the most I can get from this thread.

It is, but it is also so much more.  Where else does this Hamilton saga go down?  Seriously.  We should also be grateful that this is the biggest problem we actually have to deal with.  Sockmasters.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »

Who's Napolean?

Who's Opebo?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »

One thing we should all have learned from this forum, both due to our Oklahoman comrade and our experiences with the disastrous unbannings of Libertas and Einzige, is that people never, ever change.

Another lesson that we have learned is that sizable minority of posters will overlook any transgression, as long as the wrongdoer was friendly toward them personally.

Is it that, or is it that our wacky sockmasters can be a lot of fun?  I mean, Napoleon is Kyle Mercado?  Who doesn't love that twist?  Besides, other sockmasters don't even try to hide who they are.  Like the jamfist.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »

"Keep the monkey around because it amuses us" is a more sympathetic argument, but understandably it's not one that holds much appeal for anyone responsible for shoveling the monkey's feces.

Yes yes yes, i'm no ignorant, AN.  I understand that the socks create headaches for our mods, and that they have very thankless jobs.  But the murder of opebo had long-lasting repercussions where a lot of us want to be big rabble-rousers in FC, for lack of a better term. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »

"Keep the monkey around because it amuses us" is a more sympathetic argument, but understandably it's not one that holds much appeal for anyone responsible for shoveling the monkey's feces.

Yes yes yes, i'm no ignorant, AN.  I understand that the socks create headaches for our mods, and that they have very thankless jobs.  But the murder of opebo had long-lasting repercussions where a lot of us want to be big rabble-rousers in FC, for lack of a better term. 

That's not quite what I meant, HD. My reaction is less a matter of glee over the banning of another Kyle Mercado sock than it is of relief that "Napoleon" never existed, except as a performance put on at our expense.

I just wish more people would understand. When you say "I didn't like Hamilton but Napoleon was my friend," it just sounds that person isn't all there.

Napoleon as the person most people "knew" never existed, so I can't believe there are people who keep saying we should keep this persona around because he was nice to them. For those of us who Kyle's Napoleon did not like, we know he hasn't changed.

I'm not going to put separate situational personalities emerging past Kyle Mercado.  He's a little whacked out at the very best.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies