Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:10:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napoleon Memorial Thread #RIP  (Read 11478 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 28, 2015, 05:16:12 PM »

I don't get you people sometimes. Napoleon was pretty clearly a psycho in spite of being a fake persona. That he turns out to be Hamilton makes him maybe the most banworthy poster ever. Just because you were fooled by a sociopath you want him to come back? Incomprehensible.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 06:35:57 PM »

How was "Napoleon" clearly a psycho? He always seemed fine to me. Before he turned out to be a sock, I didn't think he was controversial at all.

I had to deal with all his fcking reports from Atlasia. Both the ones directed at his weird outbursts and the numerous ones he made himself. He'd also send me weird PMs about it sometimes. I didn't interact much with him beyond that but I got a distinct impression of a disturbed person from all that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 08:31:36 AM »

I find it very odd to see posts that defend Hamilton.

In addition to his general sociopathic behavior when he posted as "Hamilton" and all the nasty stuff in Atlasia I remember two very bizarre occurrences during his "Napoleon" incarnation.

Most of you are probably familiar with the "Survivor" board. There was a game involving a number of American cities, and one of these cities happened to be the hometown of a user "Napoleon" held a grudge against. So what did "Napoleon" do? He frantically sent out PMs to  posters who participated in the game to make them vote out the city where that other poster came from.

On another occasion, which involved another user he disliked, he dug up personal information about that guy online and subsequently made a phone call to the office of the politician the latter poster had volunteered for.

Seriously, we should be glad the guy's gone (for now).

Just wanted to say that this was an excellent post.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 07:58:28 PM »

I'm sure most of you have seen the Geek Social Fallacies list that's been circulating on the Internet for about a decade. This is an excellent list, but it has one crucial omission, one that I see in geek/nerd social circles just as much of the ones on his list, and sometimes even more: just because someone is nice to you doesn't automatically mean they're a good person.

I'mnot sure that's a purely 'geeky' phenomenon

Yeah, that's just being human. Tongue

In fact, people who are artificially nice to you are probably more likely to be weird or up to something bad.

Which also somewhat explains why we actually do need to regulate this kind of stuff severely. If we are to have 14-year olds posting here we can't allow psychos to prey on them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies