The Mideast Matriot Militia - For the Defense of the Motherland!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:16:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Matriot Militia - For the Defense of the Motherland!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Mideast Matriot Militia - For the Defense of the Motherland!  (Read 2418 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »

Welcome to the Mideast Matriot Militia - free people organized for the defense of life, liberty and property for all Mideasterners. We stand in defense of all people of the region, whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, class, ability or other status. Our Constitution recognizes the necessity of the right to bear arms and the formation of militias for the defense of a free people. Please sign up and declare your legal and defensive weapon(s) of choice.   
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »

Assemblyman,
I would greatly appreciate it if you would answer the following questions for the Mideast Record-Courier:

1) Could you briefly explain why taking up arms is necessary at this point, as opposed to more convention means of self-defense (such as the police)?
2) Does not such an act, and similar acts undertaken by your opponents, essentially amount to a declaration of civil war?

Thanks,
-Harry S Truman,
Editor, Mideast Record-Courier
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:48:43 PM »

So this is where we're going?

Well.... Okay.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »

I would be happy to answer your questions Mr. Truman.

Our Atlasian Constitution states:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
This militia is in keeping with that Constitution, and for a purpose which the Constitution itself expresses as being necessary. It is also in keeping with the Constitution and laws of the Mideast Region.
This organization is merely a precaution against the possibility of unlawful violence, whatever the source. We have nothing against the police acting in lawful authority, and appreciate their service to our region. The necessity of this and other independent militias arises out of a concern for a defensive power that directly responds to the needs of the people in their time of need. We have no interest in the arrest or punishment of any nonviolent trespasser or in the coercive enforcement of any agenda. This provides us with independence and trust with which to promote the peace in the event of violent confrontation.
We have not declared civil war, and being a purely defensive organization we have no intention of rising up against the government or against any faction, nor are we aware at this stage of anyone who has declared war against us.  I cannot speak for the intentions of other organizations, but it does concern me when a militia makes it a point to defend only one class against another, or only one point of view.  That could be seen by some as a provocation to violence. On the other hand we exist for the defense of all Mideasterners of whatever persuasion.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:57:06 PM »

Now that we have a majority of non-Americans in the Assembly, I think it's time we passed some strict gun control Smiley

It's time for terrorist organizations such as this one to be de-militarized.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:04:08 PM »

Now that we have a majority of non-Americans in the Assembly, I think it's time we passed some strict gun control Smiley

I don't know how many times I have to quote the Constitution. Any attempt to do what you suggest would be expressly illegal.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »

How in created order is this a terrorist organization?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 07:54:06 AM »

How in created order is this a terrorist organization?

terrorizing the public = terrorism

going around the country side brandishing guns is scaring the bejesus out of my constituents.  My constituents feel terrorized, by these gun toting terrorist thugs. The fact that the constitution protects the rights of these thugs to continue with their terrorist activities is deeply disturbing.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 08:10:13 AM »

This isn't terrorist activity in the slightest. Militias are not illegal under Atlasian law, nor should they be prohibited on the grounds that armed organizations make the squeamish and indifferent upset or uncomfortable. The right of a free people to keep and bear arms should be protected. I see no reason why that right, or the right to freely associate, should be abridged. As both shua and I have noted in this and in my own thread, the organizations we are assembling are purely for self-defense purposes.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:34:13 AM »

If you're terrorizing the public, it's terrorism. It's in the very word.

But it's so sweet and endearing to see Marxists and Libertarians working together, isn't it?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 10:52:45 AM »

Um TNF, I'm a Libertarian. My folks are not terrorizing anybody. So can we stop the witch hunt.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2015, 01:04:48 PM by shua »

Memorandum for the Matriots

The following law is in effect in the Mideast:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

All MMM members will abide by this law while it is in effect.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 01:08:17 PM »

If you're terrorizing the public, it's terrorism. It's in the very word.

Any instances of weapons being used to intimidate or threaten members of the public should be reported to the civil authorities. The MMM has not engaged in such activity, nor have we countenanced such activity.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »

I'm getting lots of complaints from my constituents that your group is terrorizing them, as your group is brandishing your firearms across the region. They are afraid that one of your mentally unstable militia men may shoot them for looking at them funny-like. The public are living in fear! Some are afraid to leave their homes. What is the point of this vigilantism this thug-like behaviour?

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 03:09:09 PM »

I'm getting lots of complaints from my constituents that your group is terrorizing them, as your group is brandishing your firearms across the region. They are afraid that one of your mentally unstable militia men may shoot them for looking at them funny-like. The public are living in fear! Some are afraid to leave their homes. What is the point of this vigilantism this thug-like behaviour?

Perhaps your constituents are mistaking the mundane and commonplace carrying of firearms by law abiding individuals for something else. At this time, no one involved with the MMM has made a public display of weaponry, much less any brandishing, in any official capacity as part of the organization. We would appreciate an end to the spreading of such unsubstantiated rumors.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 01:25:20 AM »

Press Release

While the founder of the Mideast Matriot Militia has expressed serious concerns about the Civil Rights Act of 2014, we would like to make it clear that the organization was not established for the purpose of opposing this legislation, contrary to what might have been implied by the media. Supporters of the legislation are welcome to join in this militia.  At the same time, it is the position of the MMM that any legislation that is signed by the President respect freedom of speech and freedom of association in all its various forms and be enforced only by Constitutional means.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »

How can the MMM claim to have no position on the CRA while making sweeping statements such as "any legislation that is signed by the President [must] respect freedom of speech and freedom of association in all its various forms and be enforced only by Constitutional means"? Does not the mere fact that your organization has taken the time to form this opinion indicate that this is the driving purpose behind the formation of this militia? If so, how can we take any claims that the MMM has no plans to oppose this Act seriously?

To be clear, the Mideast Record-Courier is equally concerned by the actions taken by the Nat Turner Brigade, whose purposes we find just as contradictory. I'm not trying to trip you up here or "win" a debate; I'm just wondering how the stated objective of the MMM matches up with your other actions.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »

The genesis of the MMM was a response not to the CRA but to the passage of an Amendent to the Atlasian Constitution declaring the necessity of militias to the defense of a free state. It was our sense that in the present moment there was a spirit of fear for the security and freedom of the people, and so we set about to implement our vision at this time in a way that would serve the people in a responsible manner by giving them a sense of peace and unity. We have committed ourselves to the common defense, without prejudice, to protect against those who would incite war between one group of people and another.

The MMM has the same position on the CRA as it does on all potential legislation: it should respect freedom of speech and freedom of association in all its various forms and be enforced only by Constitutional means. This is a position that the MMM has anyway, we are merely reminding the people of Atlasia of the importance of this principle in this instance, a reminder that is appropriate any time the government extends its power. We are not all opposed, but we are all vigilant. The CRA may be here tomorrow or it may be gone; it is not the be all and end all of government policy. Either way the MMM will continue to do its work serving the people of the Mideast.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »

The MMM has the same position on the CRA as it does on all potential legislation: it should respect freedom of speech and freedom of association in all its various forms and be enforced only by Constitutional means.

Is this the MMM's position or the position of the members of the MMM? Or, to put it more bluntly: if the MMM believes that an act passed by the Senate is being enforced by unconstitutional means, would it then begin armed resistance? While I share your commitment to individual liberty, I find the idea of an armed militia making statements on what kinds of laws the Senate can and cannot pass to be alarming, because it implies that said militia intends to back up its statements with force.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 03:10:14 PM »

The MMM has the same position on the CRA as it does on all potential legislation: it should respect freedom of speech and freedom of association in all its various forms and be enforced only by Constitutional means.

Is this the MMM's position or the position of the members of the MMM? Or, to put it more bluntly: if the MMM believes that an act passed by the Senate is being enforced by unconstitutional means, would it then begin armed resistance? While I share your commitment to individual liberty, I find the idea of an armed militia making statements on what kinds of laws the Senate can and cannot pass to be alarming, because it implies that said militia intends to back up its statements with force.

All we can say is that we are fully capable of taking positions without resort to violence. 

Meanwhile, while there this organization, which has not called for violence in any way, was the subject of so much scrutiny, the explicitly violent threats against our beloved Governor were left unaddressed. It is the regret of this body that we did not do more to protect our Governor. We were in the process of preparing a statement of support and commitment and a plan to do anything we could do for his protection, when he stepped aside under threats of violence and perverse accusations. It is a sad day indeed for the Mideast, and we wish for his return.

Let it be known that the Mideast Matriot Militia will do everything in its (admittedly limited) power to protect the legitimate representatives of the people of the Mideast from harm. And in this case, we do mean to back up that commitment with our arms if need be.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »

I query the effectiveness of this force, considering that your Region's governor has, as far as I can tell, succumbed to external forces opposed to him and has been compelled to leave office. I am not sure how, following this, despite this group's bold proclamation of defending the elected representatives of the people, this organisation can be considered a credible actor.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 05:25:48 PM »

I query the effectiveness of this force, considering that your Region's governor has, as far as I can tell, succumbed to external forces opposed to him and has been compelled to leave office. I am not sure how, following this, despite this group's bold proclamation of defending the elected representatives of the people, this organisation can be considered a credible actor.

Rome wasn't built in a day.  You are correct in this - we cannot be a reliably effective force to defend the Region until more citizens join our cause. 
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 01:00:19 AM »

Not from the Mideast, but this organization can always have my full support Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »

Not from the Mideast, but this organization can always have my full support Smiley

Thank you good sir!
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »

You have my full support.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies