The Mideast Matriot Militia - For the Defense of the Motherland! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:09:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Matriot Militia - For the Defense of the Motherland! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mideast Matriot Militia - For the Defense of the Motherland!  (Read 2458 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »

Assemblyman,
I would greatly appreciate it if you would answer the following questions for the Mideast Record-Courier:

1) Could you briefly explain why taking up arms is necessary at this point, as opposed to more convention means of self-defense (such as the police)?
2) Does not such an act, and similar acts undertaken by your opponents, essentially amount to a declaration of civil war?

Thanks,
-Harry S Truman,
Editor, Mideast Record-Courier
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »

How can the MMM claim to have no position on the CRA while making sweeping statements such as "any legislation that is signed by the President [must] respect freedom of speech and freedom of association in all its various forms and be enforced only by Constitutional means"? Does not the mere fact that your organization has taken the time to form this opinion indicate that this is the driving purpose behind the formation of this militia? If so, how can we take any claims that the MMM has no plans to oppose this Act seriously?

To be clear, the Mideast Record-Courier is equally concerned by the actions taken by the Nat Turner Brigade, whose purposes we find just as contradictory. I'm not trying to trip you up here or "win" a debate; I'm just wondering how the stated objective of the MMM matches up with your other actions.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »

The MMM has the same position on the CRA as it does on all potential legislation: it should respect freedom of speech and freedom of association in all its various forms and be enforced only by Constitutional means.

Is this the MMM's position or the position of the members of the MMM? Or, to put it more bluntly: if the MMM believes that an act passed by the Senate is being enforced by unconstitutional means, would it then begin armed resistance? While I share your commitment to individual liberty, I find the idea of an armed militia making statements on what kinds of laws the Senate can and cannot pass to be alarming, because it implies that said militia intends to back up its statements with force.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies