Can you imagine this forum will be if Cuomo actually runs for President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:05:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can you imagine this forum will be if Cuomo actually runs for President?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can you imagine this forum will be if Cuomo actually runs for President?  (Read 1516 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »

It'd be downright hysterical. Constantly daily, non-stop Cuomo bashing. Good times. And I'd be fine with it too because he'd have no chance of actually winning the nomination. Not likely to happen though.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 11:08:17 PM »

It might happen in 2020 if Clinton loses the general election in 2016.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 11:28:11 PM »

It would be amusing watching him get ripped to shreds in the primary. He'd only run if Hillary doesn't, though.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:30:03 PM »

The forum's fetish for bashing Cuomo certainly is a little creepy. He may be a bit conservative for New York, but Joe Lieberman he is not.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 11:39:21 PM »

I mean I guess I could.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 01:31:53 AM »

The forum's fetish for bashing Cuomo certainly is a little creepy. He may be a bit conservative for New York, but Joe Lieberman he is not.

Hillary = Lieberman
Cuomo = worse than Lieberman
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 02:18:48 AM »

I have to admit, it would be pretty funny.

Though, in the unlikely event he got the nomination, I suspect many participants on this forum would let up the Cuomo bashing and redirect their attention to his Republican opponent.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »

Hillary = Lieberman

That's funny, I don't recall Hillary betraying her party like Lieberman and Cuomo routinely did/do. In fact, last time I checked, she's going to single handedly save the party from our pathetic bench that has been slaughtered in the midterms, and (hopefully) save the country from a Republican trifecta under President Walker/Romney/Bush 3.0.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »

Hillary = Lieberman

That's funny, I don't recall Hillary betraying her party like Lieberman and Cuomo routinely did/do. In fact, last time I checked, she's going to single handedly save the party from our pathetic bench that has been slaughtered in the midterms, and (hopefully) save the country from a Republican trifecta under President Walker/Romney/Bush 3.0.

jfern is unhinged - comparing the only person who is giving her party a chance in 2016 to someone who literally left the party and endorsed the presidential nominee of the other party and refused to endorse Obama both times.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »

Hillary = Lieberman

Hillary was itching for war with Iran as much as Lieberman. And while Lieberman was awful, he was a proponent of DC having representation in Congress, and if he had voted for the flag burning amendment, it would have become the 28th amendment.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 04:30:24 PM »

Cuomo isn't running for POTUS. That was true before the Silver affair on top of his shutting down the ethics investigation, and it is even more true now. In fact, he will have trouble getting re-elected again. He' done. JMO.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 04:35:07 PM »

Cuomo isn't running for POTUS. That was true before the Silver affair on top of his shutting down the ethics investigation, and it is even more true now. In fact, he will have trouble getting re-elected again. He' done. JMO.

I don't know about that. Who is going to successfully primary him? He may decline to run again, of course.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »

You think so?

http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/story/d/story/cuomo-approval-ratings-up/27876/KR1AsmjNi0imGdnK-pnsvg

His approval rating is 60%. Outside the Atlas/far left bubble, he isn't the devil incarnate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 06:49:13 PM »

You think so?

http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/story/d/story/cuomo-approval-ratings-up/27876/KR1AsmjNi0imGdnK-pnsvg

His approval rating is 60%. Outside the Atlas/far left bubble, he isn't the devil incarnate.

Let events unfold. He does have some appeal probably with NYC area Pubs and swing voters at the moment. The Dem base is another matter. But I am just learning about NY politics. It's quite the cesspool actually. The patronage politics I find particularly nauseating, with lower level folks hired and fired en mass with regime changes, and folks having to pay party contributions to keep their jobs. And oh the inefficiencies. Columbia County, with a population of about 60,000, has about 20 separate courts at least, one for each town, and Hudson, and then the superior court, and specialized courts, and on and on. It's crazy. The quality of the lawyers tends to suck too.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:45 PM »

Imagine if it was Cuomo vs. Christie in the general.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »

Torie, do you think it's possible Cuomo will be indicted?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 11:01:44 PM »

The only way I see Cuomo not getting a third is if he's indicted. Otherwise there's no Democrat or Republican who could defeat him.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 12:30:03 AM »

BRTD, here's an old thread for you to enjoy.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2021, 09:45:56 AM »

What was the context of why the forum disliked him c. 2015?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2021, 05:19:40 PM »

I actually thought that this thread was from this year until I looked at the dates.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2021, 08:56:48 AM »

What was the context of why the forum disliked him c. 2015?

I wasn't around till April 2015 here and didn't follow NY politics much at the time. My guess is Mr. Cuomo cutting healthcare and other social services and disbanding his own corruption board after various of his staffers faced legal trouble. He also cooperated with the IDC at the time that de facto gave the state senate to the GOP and approved a R-friendly district map following the 2010 census. In all likelyhood, political folks here also (correctly) concluded he was a corrupt machine politician and a bully.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies