Election Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:33:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Election Discussion Thread  (Read 4429 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2005, 07:56:17 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.

Wow, talk about hypocrisy.

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.

If others insist?  To my knowledge, Smash wandered in to the voting booth on his own.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2005, 08:04:20 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.

If others insist?  To my knowledge, Smash wandered in to the voting booth on his own.

That's what I figured as well.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2005, 08:05:31 PM »

Not my point at all. What did you tell me the other night, King? You said he was a "leftist troll" correct? So why, instead of coming out against his vote, did you accept it?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2005, 08:07:27 PM »

Not my point at all. What did you tell me the other night, King? You said he was a "leftist troll" correct? So why, instead of coming out against his vote, did you accept it?

Actually, you were accusing King of going out and getting Smash to vote.  Now King says he didn't do it, so I guess the only one who went out and specifically got inactives to vote is you, huh?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2005, 08:07:58 PM »

Er, it would seem to me that going out and specifically requesting to people that others don't like to vote for someone is a lot different than simply having someone that others don't like vote for someone out of his or her own volition.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2005, 08:08:21 PM »

Actually, you were accusing King of going out and getting Smash to vote.  Now King says he didn't do it, so I guess the only one who went out and specifically got inactives to vote is you, huh?

No, I never said King got Smash. Don't sit there and make that up. I said that he excused what Smash did.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2005, 08:09:32 PM »

I didn't know we only counted votes 'accepted' by the candidate.  If they want to support me, they have the right.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2005, 08:10:17 PM »

No, I never said King got Smash. Don't sit there and make that up. I said that he excused what Smash did.

The issue here is that you specifically went out and got people to vote for NixonNow, not that those people simply voted.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2005, 08:12:42 PM »

I didn't know we only counted votes 'accepted' by the candidate.  If they want to support me, they have the right.

The vote would have counted. Everyone knows that. However, you should have rejected the vote in principle. You didn't.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2005, 08:16:52 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2005, 08:19:54 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

The vote would have counted. Everyone knows that. However, you should have rejected the vote in principle. You didn't.

Why would someone disenfranchise a legitimate voter purely because he doesn't personally like that voter.

Seems to me that if that was standard practice, then the least principled candidate would always win the election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2005, 08:17:26 PM »

Also, I want to clear up this idea that I believed King went to Smash for a vote. The other night, King told me he would not get Smash because he was a "leftist troll." I believed him and still do. My problem is that he has not spoken out against the vote.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2005, 08:18:56 PM »

TN2024 is a troll, where is NixonNow's rejection? 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »

Why would someone disenfranchise a legitimate voter purely because he doesn't personally like that voter.

Accepting the support of a troll when he had obvious problems with going after the troll? All I asked is that King come out against someone he was obviously opposed to. He didn't.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2005, 08:21:52 PM »

Accepting the support of a troll when he had obvious problems with going after the troll? All I asked is that King come out against someone he was obviously opposed to. He didn't.

Congratulations on blatantly ignoring the second half of my post.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2005, 08:39:26 PM »

Also, I want to clear up this idea that I believed King went to Smash for a vote. The other night, King told me he would not get Smash because he was a "leftist troll." I believed him and still do. My problem is that he has not spoken out against the vote.

Here's a fact in a close election like this one almost no body who really believes they deserve to be elected to best serve the people will fight to remove a vote for them.

NixonNow 90% of the time has been a troll lets face that. Smash is a legitimate voter. I certainly would not deny a vote for myself if it meant an anti-semite, troll, who PMs everyone who is not involved in Atlas politics would have another crack at elected office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2005, 08:42:21 PM »

Here's a fact in a close election like this one almost no body who really believes they deserve to be elected to best serve the people will fight to remove a vote for them.

NixonNow 90% of the time has been a troll lets face that. Smash is a legitimate voter. I certainly would not deny a vote for myself if it meant an anti-semite, troll, who PMs everyone who is not involved in Atlas politics would have another crack at elected office.

NixonNow has not been a troll 90% of the time. He has definetley reformed and has been very serious as a Senator.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2005, 08:47:45 PM »

I don't understand this whole issue.  I've never heard of the idea that somebody running for office should reject a vote if they don't like the person it comes from.  It seems that King thought that he wouldn't get Smash's vote, but that doesn't mean he should reject it when he did get it.

Politicians can reject endorsements, but I never heard of one rejecting votes, or being expected to.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2005, 08:48:54 PM »

LOL, this is silly, Smash255 is no more of a troll than anyone else.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2005, 08:49:16 PM »

NixonNow has not been a troll 90% of the time. He has definetley reformed and has been very serious as a Senator.

Right... that's why he kept introducing ridiculous amendment after ridiculous amendment on the Marijuana Legalization and Taxation Bill just to keep it away from the voting phase.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2005, 08:49:32 PM »

Neither is TN2024.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2005, 08:49:44 PM »

I don't understand this whole issue.  I've never heard of the idea that somebody running for office should reject a vote if they don't like the person it comes from.  It seems that King thought that he wouldn't get Smash's vote, but that doesn't mean he should reject it when he did get it.

Politicians can reject endorsements, but I never heard of one rejecting votes, or being expected to.

If someone sees someone else as a troll they should atleast state that they don't approve of their voting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2005, 08:50:31 PM »

Right... that's why he kept introducing ridiculous amendment after ridiculous amendment on the Marijuana Legalization and Taxation Bill just to keep it away from the voting phase.

It's called a filibuster. I guess you're against that democratic procedure.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2005, 08:50:46 PM »

How is that any different from a filibuster? Obstructionism, yes, but nothing wrong with that unless you're in the majority.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2005, 12:02:42 AM »

I didn't bother reading through all the pages, so not sure what has and has not been discussed so if I am repeating anything sorry.

Anyway although not posting much in the Fantasy Elections I am quite active on the board (closing in on 1400 posts).  In the past I did pay close attention to the fantasy politics board, didn't get involved in the discussions, but I was a lurker and for the most part knew what was going on.  Recently I haven't really paid much attention to the fantasy politics board.  I was looking to at least know what was going on in the world of fantasy politics & perhaps get involved in it and I realized their was an election for senate.  ( I knew one was upcomming. but didn't remember the exact date)   Now I didn't exactly read through all the pages about what King & NixonNow proposed & what not, but I know enough about the two of them in order to pick a vote.  Not the biggest fan of either of their politics King is probably moderate to lean conservative while NixonNow is pretty far to the right.  Now as a liberal neither of them are all that close to my political views.  However someone who is moderate to lean conservative is closer to my views than someone who is pretty far to the right.  Hence my vote for King, and no King didn't come to me for a vote.  It was the case of me looking to getinvolved in the fantasy politcs (or at least find out what was going on) seeing their was an election and voting for the guy who doesn't exactly represnt my views, but is closer to my views than his opponent.  I didn't realize me doing that would case such an overreaction.  Maybe Keystone sees Santorum's chances looking dimmer & dimmer in 06 he had to lash out against someone on a fantasy board because that is the only hope he has now of his candidate winning
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2005, 12:06:47 AM »

If you are intending to become active in fantasy politics I suggest you register with a party that isn't totally defunct.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies