Election Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:00:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Discussion Thread  (Read 4530 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« on: April 24, 2005, 12:38:04 AM »

Haven't been paying much attention to the fantasy govt latley, but what the hell happened to the Dems (or liberals) in the New District 3??

New England is notoriously dead with regard to voter activity.  The addition of New York to the district has provided some more active voters, but a lot of New Yorkers are moderates, and hence more likely to be members of the Union or Freedom parties.  There are no "Democrats" in fantasy politics, that party died due to scandals.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 10:39:45 AM »

Phil, are you on the case of Patrick1? He's just as inactive here on Smash is, but since he voted for NixonNow, you have no problem with him.

They kind of cancel each other out.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 03:55:02 PM »

Hmm, well, it looks like NixonNow has several inactives(and borderline trolls) voting for him as well.  Does that mean NixonNow is "accepting" their vote?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 04:35:15 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.

Wow, talk about hypocrisy.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 04:39:10 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.

Ok, so you have no morality.  Gotcha.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 04:40:20 PM »

Reminds me sort of like the time you encouraged Naso in Teamspeak to contact Demrepdan after "wentthatway" voted in the Senate election.

It's only bad when other people do it apparently.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 04:53:08 PM »

Reminds me sort of like the time you encouraged Naso in Teamspeak to contact Demrepdan after "wentthatway" voted in the Senate election.

Yeah thanks for distorting what happened. I told him that I didn't care. If you knew anything, you'd remember that I was initially one of the strongest opponents of that.

Then why did you keep egging him, saying, "Naso, I've had it.  It's time to do it."  Others will back me up here; it's not like there weren't other people there then.

You weren't acting neutral.  You were encouraging him.  Face facts Phil, you're no better than Akno, and at least he's admitted to being wrong.

I told him to do it and when I said that (and I have people to back me up) I also threw in "I don't care anymore." Before all of that, I was strongly opposed to demrepdan voting. Get your facts right.

At least now you've decided to post the truth on it.  Just because you said you don't care doesn't excuse you telling him to do it.

I know you were opposed to doing it earlier during the vote (I never questioned that), but to change your mind because of another vote was uncalled for and shows hypocrisy.

Today is another example.

Like I said, he has no morality.  He attacks people for doing things, and then responds with the same.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 05:08:57 PM »

Uh, did King contact Smash to vote for him?  I don't believe he did, and if you keep justifying corrupt actions like these, I will leave the party.

Keystone Phil has now admitted to bringing in inactives to vote.  King hasn't.  Seems to be a double standard until we hear King's side of the story.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 05:09:52 PM »

Patrick1 is active though, TN2024 is a borderline troll though.

Patrick1 may be active elsewhere in the forum, but I do question whether somebody who is still registered as a Republican really actually knows whats going on in the forum.

I apply the same standards to anybody registered with other defunct parties such as the Democrats (Smash) and the UL (Jens).

I agree.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 05:46:19 PM »

Uh, did King contact Smash to vote for him?  I don't believe he did, and if you keep justifying corrupt actions like these, I will leave the party.

Smash had his time to condemn it and didn't. It's just as bad.

My point is, Phil, you brought in a "borderline troll" and an inactive to vote, without the permission of NixonNow, because a "borderline troll" voted for the other candidate... but you didn't even bother to find out if King actually asked him to vote or not.  And to top it off, you did this for a bona fide troll!

You are absolutely correct.  Good for you for standing up for what is right.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »

How are TN2024 and Smash trolls?

Smash is not a troll, he's simply not involved in fantasy politics.  As such, he really shouldn't be voting.  TN2024 on the other hand, has deliberately trolled the fantasy forums before.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 05:55:20 PM »

All you have against King is that he didn't do something.  Besides, if someone does something wrong, that doesn't give you the right to do it.  I'm sorry, WiseGuy, but I'm 75% sure that I'm going to leave...  If you can reform the party, go ahead, but for now, I'm thinking of trying to resurrect the Libertarians Wink

Well, that's probably a lost cause, but you might consider joining a libertarian leaning party like the Union.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 06:57:34 PM »

All you have against King is that he didn't do something.  Besides, if someone does something wrong, that doesn't give you the right to do it.  I'm sorry, WiseGuy, but I'm 75% sure that I'm going to leave...  If you can reform the party, go ahead, but for now, I'm thinking of trying to resurrect the Libertarians Wink

Or you could always join me in the glorious liberation that is being an independent. Cheesy

That is also a valid option, at least until you find a party you like.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »

While the question of whether Opebo should be voting is certainly a good one, legally speaking he has voted before and certainly has the post requirements.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 08:04:20 PM »

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.

If others insist?  To my knowledge, Smash wandered in to the voting booth on his own.

That's what I figured as well.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 08:07:27 PM »

If others insist?  To my knowledge, Smash wandered in to the voting booth on his own.

Not my point at all. What did you tell me the other night, King? You said he was a "leftist troll" correct? So why, instead of coming out against his vote, did you accept it?

Actually, you were accusing King of going out and getting Smash to vote.  Now King says he didn't do it, so I guess the only one who went out and specifically got inactives to vote is you, huh?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 01:17:38 PM »

I so hate to make a non-Keystone Phil/Smash255 related post, but I'd just like to say...

...geez, does the Midwest have that few active voters? Shocked

*edit*
And right then Gustaf votes. Of course. Smiley

Well, a bit late, but it's the thought that counts I guess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies