Election Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:35:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Discussion Thread  (Read 4496 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: April 24, 2005, 12:33:36 AM »

Haven't been paying much attention to the fantasy govt latley, but what the hell happened to the Dems (or liberals) in the New District 3??
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 12:41:58 AM »

Haven't been paying much attention to the fantasy govt latley

Why would you vote?

Why do people who don't follow politics in general vote??  To Participate.  Also the fact that I saw Nixon running I& he is way to the right, I decided to vote for the lesser of two evils in my opinon.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 12:46:32 AM »

Why would you vote?

Why do people who don't follow politics in general vote??  To Participate.

People who don't know what they're doing or talking about shouldn't be voting.

Anyway I know enough about King & Nixon to know whose views I disagree with less
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 12:02:42 AM »

I didn't bother reading through all the pages, so not sure what has and has not been discussed so if I am repeating anything sorry.

Anyway although not posting much in the Fantasy Elections I am quite active on the board (closing in on 1400 posts).  In the past I did pay close attention to the fantasy politics board, didn't get involved in the discussions, but I was a lurker and for the most part knew what was going on.  Recently I haven't really paid much attention to the fantasy politics board.  I was looking to at least know what was going on in the world of fantasy politics & perhaps get involved in it and I realized their was an election for senate.  ( I knew one was upcomming. but didn't remember the exact date)   Now I didn't exactly read through all the pages about what King & NixonNow proposed & what not, but I know enough about the two of them in order to pick a vote.  Not the biggest fan of either of their politics King is probably moderate to lean conservative while NixonNow is pretty far to the right.  Now as a liberal neither of them are all that close to my political views.  However someone who is moderate to lean conservative is closer to my views than someone who is pretty far to the right.  Hence my vote for King, and no King didn't come to me for a vote.  It was the case of me looking to getinvolved in the fantasy politcs (or at least find out what was going on) seeing their was an election and voting for the guy who doesn't exactly represnt my views, but is closer to my views than his opponent.  I didn't realize me doing that would case such an overreaction.  Maybe Keystone sees Santorum's chances looking dimmer & dimmer in 06 he had to lash out against someone on a fantasy board because that is the only hope he has now of his candidate winning
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 12:21:54 AM »

Maybe Keystone sees Santorum's chances looking dimmer & dimmer in 06 he had to lash out against someone on a fantasy board because that is the only hope he has now of his candidate winning

Yeah, you're a dope.

Hey I defended you awhile back when you & States were going at it.  Despite me not being that active in Fantasy Politics, I decied to vote for the person who I felt was the best for the job (the person who is closest in idealogy to me) and you jump down my throat saying how my vote shouldn't count & crap like that.  Now if I decided to vote for NixonNow would you be so upset about me voting despite not being active in fantasy politics??
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 12:28:36 AM »

Maybe Keystone sees Santorum's chances looking dimmer & dimmer in 06 he had to lash out against someone on a fantasy board because that is the only hope he has now of his candidate winning

Yeah, you're a dope.

Now if I decided to vote for NixonNow would you be so upset about me voting despite not being active in fantasy politics??

I wasn't the one that called you a troll.

And I never said you vote shouldn't count. Can you idiots please read what I was asking King to do before you spew this stupidity? I said that your vote counted!

You basically lost it because I was fairly inactive and voted for King.  Its obvious you had a problem with that  (even if you still believed my vote to count)  Anyway would you have been so outspoken  had a problem and complained  if NixonNow was the one who called me a "leftist troll" and I voted for NixonNow?? 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

Yeah, you're a dope.

Now if I decided to vote for NixonNow would you be so upset about me voting despite not being active in fantasy politics??

I wasn't the one that called you a troll.

And I never said you vote shouldn't count. Can you idiots please read what I was asking King to do before you spew this stupidity? I said that your vote counted!

You basically lost it because I was fairly inactive and voted for King.  Its obvious you had a problem with that  (even if you still believed my vote to count)  Anyway would you have been so outspoken  had a problem and complained  if NixonNow was the one who called me a "leftist troll" and I voted for NixonNow?? 

No, I "lost it" because King considers you a troll and has no problem with you voting. If NixonNow called you a troll, I wouldn't expect him to accept the vote.

Well you were also making remarks about me voting despite not being active in fantasy politics. 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 12:57:45 AM »

Why would you vote?

Why do people who don't follow politics in general vote??  To Participate.

People who don't know what they're doing or talking about shouldn't be voting.

(Peter including several quotes because it goes to the point I was making)

Right there (from last night) you were questioning why I was voting since I really wasn't sure what has been going on latley in the world of fantasy politics and then responding to me by saying those who don't really know what was going on shouldn't vote
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies