Election Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:45:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Election Discussion Thread  (Read 4492 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: April 22, 2005, 11:00:08 PM »

WiseGuy has been elected Governor!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 12:12:09 AM »

I forgot something: The polls closed at 11:59 PM Central time. I apologize for starting the celebration early and even congradulating WiseGuy on what I thought was a victory.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 12:39:07 AM »

Haven't been paying much attention to the fantasy govt latley

Why would you vote?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 12:43:32 AM »

Haven't been paying much attention to the fantasy govt latley

Why would you vote?

Why do people who don't follow politics in general vote??  To Participate. 

People who don't know what they're doing or talking about shouldn't be voting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 01:28:25 PM »

Phil, are you on the case of Patrick1? He's just as inactive here on Smash is, but since he voted for NixonNow, you have no problem with him.

No here's the deal: Smash comes on and says "Oh I don't know what's going on." That's the difference. And PBrunsel, stop telling me that everytime I say something I'm starting a fight.

Also, King described Smash as a "leftist troll" yet accepts his vote. Interesting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 01:52:19 PM »

Phil, are you on the case of Patrick1? He's just as inactive here on Smash is, but since he voted for NixonNow, you have no problem with him.

No here's the deal: Smash comes on and says "Oh I don't know what's going on." That's the difference. And PBrunsel, stop telling me that everytime I say something I'm starting a fight.

Also, King described Smash as a "leftist troll" yet accepts his vote. Interesting.

What do you mean "accepts his vote"? Last I checked, candidates can't restrict people from voting for them, the vote goes in their column like it or not.

King told me that he would not go after Smash's vote. I'm not saying he did but he seems to have no problem with it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 04:34:22 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 04:38:05 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.

Wow, talk about hypocrisy.

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 04:39:31 PM »

Wow, talk about hypocrisy.

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.

Ok, so you have no morality.  Gotcha.

Right  Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 04:41:55 PM »

Reminds me sort of like the time you encouraged Naso in Teamspeak to contact Demrepdan after "wentthatway" voted in the Senate election.

Yeah thanks for distorting what happened. I told him that I didn't care. If you knew anything, you'd remember that I was initially one of the strongest opponents of that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 04:46:28 PM »

And PBrunsel, stop telling me that everytime I say something I'm starting a fight.

<Maybe that's because most times myou open your mouth at the forum you are starting a fight? Smiley

I mean your always at ends with Akno and IrishDem. Not always about the same thing, such as your fine debate about PA-13 and the Senate and Gubernatorial Races in Pennsylvania in 2006, but always it is the Innactive-baiting with Akno.

Sorry that I'm debating, PBrunsel. And now it's "inactive-baiting?" Really? Were you one of those people that insisted that GirlGoneWild gate not be investigated?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 04:48:05 PM »

Reminds me sort of like the time you encouraged Naso in Teamspeak to contact Demrepdan after "wentthatway" voted in the Senate election.

Yeah thanks for distorting what happened. I told him that I didn't care. If you knew anything, you'd remember that I was initially one of the strongest opponents of that.

Then why did you keep egging him, saying, "Naso, I've had it.  It's time to do it."  Others will back me up here; it's not like there weren't other people there then.

You weren't acting neutral.  You were encouraging him.  Face facts Phil, you're no better than Akno, and at least he's admitted to being wrong.

I told him to do it and when I said that (and I have people to back me up) I also threw in "I don't care anymore." Before all of that, I was strongly opposed to demrepdan voting. Get your facts right.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 04:53:01 PM »

And PBrunsel, stop telling me that everytime I say something I'm starting a fight.

<Maybe that's because most times myou open your mouth at the forum you are starting a fight? Smiley

I mean your always at ends with Akno and IrishDem. Not always about the same thing, such as your fine debate about PA-13 and the Senate and Gubernatorial Races in Pennsylvania in 2006, but always it is the Innactive-baiting with Akno.

Sorry that I'm debating, PBrunsel. And now it's "inactive-baiting?" Really? Were you one of those people that insisted that GirlGoneWild gate not be investigated?

I don't want to fight with you Phil, we did enough of that durring the Presidency. Wink My only problem is that every election since GirlGoneWild gate you've screamed Hell Colombia every time a guy you deem "innactive" votes. I oppose corrupt GOTV Efforts, but you really do "inactive baiting." You charge people with GOTV schemes, you take it upon yourself to enforce voter law. I always thought that was the job of the Secretary of Forum Affairs, didn't you?

I ahve no problem with you debating Akno, I actually encourage healthy debate. But there is a difference between helthy debate (such as your threads on PA Politcs) and simply waving a fingern at all you deem corrupt.

That's all I wanted to say, and now I have said it, so now I will be quiet. Smiley

It's not inactive baiting. I'm just pointing it out. If the SOFA or anyone else doesn't want to do it, I will.

As for Akno, as you can see here and elsewhere, he starts with me. Look at our arguments.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 04:54:55 PM »

Then why did you keep egging him, saying, "Naso, I've had it.  It's time to do it."  Others will back me up here; it's not like there weren't other people there then.

You weren't acting neutral.  You were encouraging him.  Face facts Phil, you're no better than Akno, and at least he's admitted to being wrong.

I told him to do it and when I said that (and I have people to back me up) I also threw in "I don't care anymore." Before all of that, I was strongly opposed to demrepdan voting. Get your facts right.

At least now you've decided to post the truth on it.  Just because you said you don't care doesn't excuse you telling him to do it.

I know you were opposed to doing it earlier during the vote (I never questioned that), but to change your mind because of another vote was uncalled for and shows hypocrisy.

Today is another example.

I decided to post the truth? I've admitted it before. I told him to do it and didn't care. People know that. You didn't so you decided to jump to conclusions.

I've had enough with inactive voters. I've had enough with people like Smash voting and King not speaking out against it (when he told me just the other night that he didn't want Smash to vote because he was a leftist troll). I need to fight fire with fire. I got TN2024 to vote. End of story.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 05:06:56 PM »

Uh, did King contact Smash to vote for him?  I don't believe he did, and if you keep justifying corrupt actions like these, I will leave the party.

Smash had his time to condemn it and didn't. It's just as bad.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 05:09:44 PM »

Uh, did King contact Smash to vote for him?  I don't believe he did, and if you keep justifying corrupt actions like these, I will leave the party.

Keystone Phil has now admitted to bringing in inactives to vote.  King hasn't.  Seems to be a double standard until we hear King's side of the story.

Except Patrick1 and TN2024 aren't inactive...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 05:30:07 PM »

Keystone, I cannot remain silent any longer.  Your actions are destroying our party's reputation.

Please don't leave.  We need as many good members as we can get, especially with all the damage this may do to the party.

I'm not doing any damage. Look at the people attacking me for this yet remained silent on who voted for King. The people that disliked us disliked us from the beginning.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 05:34:06 PM »

Yeah...because it's ok when King's supporters get people who shouldn't be voting to vote but it's bad when I do it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 05:39:33 PM »

Uh, did King contact Smash to vote for him?  I don't believe he did, and if you keep justifying corrupt actions like these, I will leave the party.

Smash had his time to condemn it and didn't. It's just as bad.

My point is, Phil, you brought in a "borderline troll" and an inactive to vote, without the permission of NixonNow, because a "borderline troll" voted for the other candidate... but you didn't even bother to find out if King actually asked him to vote or not.  And to top it off, you did this for a bona fide troll!

A "leftist Troll" (called that by King) by the name of Smash was ok. There was no problem with that. I'm sorry, guys. I never wanted to do this but it's time to fight fire with fire. Amazing how King gets away with all this.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005, 05:46:08 PM »

Yeah...because it's ok when King's supporters get people who shouldn't be voting to vote but it's bad when I do it.

Recruiting trolls to the voting booths is bad whatever reason you give for it.  King didn't ask for it for his side, and you deliberately did it for NixonNow anyway, and he didn't even ask for it either.  And all for petty revenge at King.  Why did you have to meddle anyway?

King had his chance to speak out against the "leftist troll" and didn't. How come no one makes a big deal about it? Oh is it because they want King to win? Maybe.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2005, 05:47:01 PM »

Keystone, I cannot remain silent any longer.  Your actions are destroying our party's reputation.

Please don't leave.  We need as many good members as we can get, especially with all the damage this may do to the party.

I'm not doing any damage. Look at the people attacking me for this yet remained silent on who voted for King. The people that disliked us disliked us from the beginning.

When new members come to the forum and they see this, it won't make it very easy for us to recruit them.  Plus, your continued support of NixonNow is costing us members from within the party (i.e. CheeseWhiz and DanielX).

So I can't support someone because some think it looks bad?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 05:51:41 PM »

How are TN2024 and Smash trolls?

Smash is not a troll, he's simply not involved in fantasy politics.  As such, he really shouldn't be voting. 

But you chose not to speak out about it before. Makes sense.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2005, 05:55:05 PM »

All you have against King is that he didn't do something.  Besides, if someone does something wrong, that doesn't give you the right to do it.  I'm sorry, WiseGuy, but I'm 75% sure that I'm going to leave...  If you can reform the party, go ahead, but for now, I'm thinking of trying to resurrect the Libertarians Wink

I love how everyone points out my "bad" actions yet no one condemns what King voters did. I love it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2005, 06:08:09 PM »

King didn't do anything!!!  It's obvious that Smash came and voted on his own volition.  You admitted to recruiting TN2024 to vote for NixonNow!  I've restricted my criticisms to the party forum in the past out of respect for you, Mr. Chairman, but this is going too far for someone who has shown little or no respect for this forum or its members.

King didn't speak out against it. No one else did. It's THEIR hypocrisy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 06:27:29 PM »

King didn't do anything!!!  It's obvious that Smash came and voted on his own volition.  You admitted to recruiting TN2024 to vote for NixonNow!  I've restricted my criticisms to the party forum in the past out of respect for you, Mr. Chairman, but this is going too far for someone who has shown little or no respect for this forum or its members.

King didn't speak out against it. No one else did. It's THEIR hypocrisy.

If you didn't like the fact that Smash voted for King, all you had to do was challenge the election.  But instead, you decided to sink to "their" level and seek petty revenge.

You are the National representative of our Party, and your actions are reflecting back on the rest of us.

I can't challenge the election. I don't like stooping to their level either but I tried sending a message. Some stubborn people refuse to accept it. Some stubborn people go crazy on me for this (not listening to my reasoning) yet don't care at all what King's voters do.

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies