Election Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:04:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Discussion Thread  (Read 4514 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: April 23, 2005, 12:19:26 AM »

Not again.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 04:26:28 AM »

Well, even if it's unconstituational, I don't think you can throw out her vote. The official ballot reads

Governor

Valid selections:
CheeseWhiz (ACA-NE)
Write-in      <------
Abstain

So her vote isn't really invalid, the ballot itself is.

Given that BRTD is not going to win either way, do we really need to worry about whether or not that vote counts?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 06:50:30 PM »

All you have against King is that he didn't do something.  Besides, if someone does something wrong, that doesn't give you the right to do it.  I'm sorry, WiseGuy, but I'm 75% sure that I'm going to leave...  If you can reform the party, go ahead, but for now, I'm thinking of trying to resurrect the Libertarians Wink

Or you could always join me in the glorious liberation that is being an independent. Cheesy
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 08:07:58 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.

Wow, talk about hypocrisy.

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.

If others insist?  To my knowledge, Smash wandered in to the voting booth on his own.

Not my point at all. What did you tell me the other night, King? You said he was a "leftist troll" correct? So why, instead of coming out against his vote, did you accept it?

Er, it would seem to me that going out and specifically requesting to people that others don't like to vote for someone is a lot different than simply having someone that others don't like vote for someone out of his or her own volition.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 08:10:17 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.

Wow, talk about hypocrisy.

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.

If others insist?  To my knowledge, Smash wandered in to the voting booth on his own.

Not my point at all. What did you tell me the other night, King? You said he was a "leftist troll" correct? So why, instead of coming out against his vote, did you accept it?

Actually, you were accusing King of going out and getting Smash to vote.  Now King says he didn't do it, so I guess the only one who went out and specifically got inactives to vote is you, huh?

No, I never said King got Smash. Don't sit there and make that up. I said that he excused what Smash did.

The issue here is that you specifically went out and got people to vote for NixonNow, not that those people simply voted.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 08:16:52 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2005, 08:19:54 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

I didn't know we only counted votes 'accepted' by the candidate.  If they want to support me, they have the right.

The vote would have counted. Everyone knows that. However, you should have rejected the vote in principle. You didn't.

Why would someone disenfranchise a legitimate voter purely because he doesn't personally like that voter.

Seems to me that if that was standard practice, then the least principled candidate would always win the election.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 08:21:52 PM »

I didn't know we only counted votes 'accepted' by the candidate.  If they want to support me, they have the right.

The vote would have counted. Everyone knows that. However, you should have rejected the vote in principle. You didn't.

Why would someone disenfranchise a legitimate voter purely because he doesn't personally like that voter.

Accepting the support of a troll when he had obvious problems with going after the troll? All I asked is that King come out against someone he was obviously opposed to. He didn't.

Congratulations on blatantly ignoring the second half of my post.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 08:49:16 PM »

Also, I want to clear up this idea that I believed King went to Smash for a vote. The other night, King told me he would not get Smash because he was a "leftist troll." I believed him and still do. My problem is that he has not spoken out against the vote.

Here's a fact in a close election like this one almost no body who really believes they deserve to be elected to best serve the people will fight to remove a vote for them.

NixonNow 90% of the time has been a troll lets face that. Smash is a legitimate voter. I certainly would not deny a vote for myself if it meant an anti-semite, troll, who PMs everyone who is not involved in Atlas politics would have another crack at elected office.

NixonNow has not been a troll 90% of the time. He has definetley reformed and has been very serious as a Senator.

Right... that's why he kept introducing ridiculous amendment after ridiculous amendment on the Marijuana Legalization and Taxation Bill just to keep it away from the voting phase.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies