AZ-Sen: Salmon, Schweikert considering (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-Sen: Salmon, Schweikert considering (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-Sen: Salmon, Schweikert considering  (Read 20302 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: January 28, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »

John McCain = Thad Cochran
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 03:52:13 PM »

hoping that he gets a good spanking in the primary.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »

Unfortunate, even if he were to lose, he would've put up a good fight. Looks like McCain will successfully clear the nomination with small-time opposition. Kirkpatrick is a good candidate who won by 5 points in a R wave in a district Romney won, and I think she'll take the toughest fight McCain has ever faced. I think she's being underestimated.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »

Schweikert says that McCain can't beat Kirkpatrick. Possible sign he's still considering a run:

t.co/lKwxxiVdOG

Obviously nonsense, but I wonder who would win in a Schweikert-Kirkpatrick matchup?

Schweikert. No Republican besides Ward would under perform McCain in a general election. He's so underwater that being a good campaigner won't get him the landslides he got in the past. Unfortunately, Ward is the person that's running against him.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

Sabato moves it to Lean R.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »

Really dumb. McCain hasnt any great primary challenger yet and he has really great political skills.

Kirkpatrick is by far the strongest GE opponent he has ever received. And while Ward can't win, she can still give McCain an embarrassing margin of victory in the primary (say, less than 15 points) and send him into the general significantly damaged. And Schweikert outright saying McCain can't win the general (whether he actually believes it or is just saying it to swing donors) is definitely a good sign for those who want him (Schweikert) to run.
Oh just to be clear,
I really would love to see him go down. But he has politically skills. And I do believe he will survive.  I don't see a primary challenge beating him. I mean, we're not even sure Schweikert is running.

And even if Kirkpatrick is indeed a very good candidate, Mccain will quite overperform among the latino voters allowing him to be reelected easily.

Actually McCain is extremely unpopular in Arizona, including among Latinos (IIRC).  Not Jeff Flake-level unpopularity, but in that ballpark.  Kirkpatrick could definitely win this race.

Any candidate COULD win any race in any state at any time. I just fail to realize how she WILL win. AZ is always supposed to flip to the Democrats until it doesn't. I will say this, though: Kirkpatrick is a fool for giving up her safe House seat. Not to mention that she's no Joe Manchin or Joe Donnelly either.

Her house seat was won by Mitt Romney.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies