AZ-Sen: Salmon, Schweikert considering (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:04:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-Sen: Salmon, Schweikert considering (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-Sen: Salmon, Schweikert considering  (Read 20318 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 07, 2015, 06:11:04 AM »

Kyrsten Sinema would lose badly to McCain. The Dems should probably run Carmona again.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »

If McCain wins the primary, it's very good news for Republicans.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 01:36:27 PM »

Salmon out
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2015, 04:02:54 PM by TNvolunteer »

Really dumb. McCain hasnt any great primary challenger yet and he has really great political skills.

Kirkpatrick is by far the strongest GE opponent he has ever received. And while Ward can't win, she can still give McCain an embarrassing margin of victory in the primary (say, less than 15 points) and send him into the general significantly damaged. And Schweikert outright saying McCain can't win the general (whether he actually believes it or is just saying it to swing donors) is definitely a good sign for those who want him (Schweikert) to run.
Oh just to be clear,
I really would love to see him go down. But he has politically skills. And I do believe he will survive.  I don't see a primary challenge beating him. I mean, we're not even sure Schweikert is running.

And even if Kirkpatrick is indeed a very good candidate, Mccain will quite overperform among the latino voters allowing him to be reelected easily.

Basically this. Just because an incumbent Republican Senator has low approval ratings, that doesn't mean that a primary challenger would be a better candidate for the GE (cough *Indiana 2012* cough). A lot of Republicans are dissatisfied with McCain, but they will probably hold their nose and vote for him over a liberal Democrat. And even if many Republicans vote Libertarian or skip the race (I can assure that they won't vote for Kirkpatrick), McCain still has the advantage due to his crossover appeal among Hispanics and some Democrats. I'm sorry Atlas, but a McCain-Kirkpatrick race would be extremely predictable. Likely R with McCain, Toss-up with Schweikert and Leans D with Ward.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies