Can an Oldtimer Explain Why Hamilton Was So Bad?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:55:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can an Oldtimer Explain Why Hamilton Was So Bad?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Can an Oldtimer Explain Why Hamilton Was So Bad?  (Read 3720 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2015, 09:49:47 PM »

I believe Hamilton was banned before I really got into this forum. Could one of the longtime posters give me explain why he is so hated?
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:02:04 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2015, 10:07:01 PM by Vox Populi »

I wasn't on the forum when Hamilton did his reign of terror but from what I’ve been able to piece together, he was the most dastardly Atlas villain of all time whose ultimate goal was to take over the forum. He nearly succeeded and brought the forum to the brink of destruction until a small ragtag band of moderators was able to seal him away using forbidden arts (later known as the "nuclear option")… until now that is.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:15:23 PM »

I've heard that he dug up personal information of other posters and threatened them with it and essentially tried to hold people hostage for fantasyland stuff.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:42 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2015, 12:10:05 AM by Mr. Morden »

I've heard that he dug up personal information of other posters and threatened them with it and essentially tried to hold people hostage for fantasyland stuff.

An example from a post that's been deleted from the main forum, but that I can still see quoted on the mod board:

I will leak private messages and IMs and such from RPP members that I have if the post isn't gone soon. This isn't a threat. THis is the situation that I want you to deal with before I have to.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:48:42 PM »

Wasn't there an unofficial agreement Hamilton will cease his sockpupetting if we cease to invoke the nuclear option?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 01:31:20 AM »

He wasn't.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 01:59:11 AM »

An example from a post that's been deleted from the main forum, but that I can still see quoted on the mod board:

I will leak private messages and IMs and such from RPP members that I have if the post isn't gone soon. This isn't a threat. THis is the situation that I want you to deal with before I have to.

Er... how is that "digging up personal information"? That's just posting PMs you've received from people.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 02:31:39 AM »

THE FOLLOWING MOD LEAKS HAVE BEEN DECLASSIFIED TO BOLSTER PUBLIC OPINION IN THE WAR AGAINST SOCK TERRORISM

Your question was the topic title "If Obama is a failure, does that mean the end of American social democracy?" I responded, as well as others, by saying there never has been such a thing in an organized political force outside of being a faction of the Dems. It wasn't about how you think social democracy should evolve, or how effective social democracy is, or any other of your topics you like to endlessly philosophize on, it is the question of what social democracy "is" in relation to American liberalism and if it ever existed in the first place.

My point was, in relation to something you said, that it's silly to call Keynesian economics "social democracy-lite" when social democracy is a moderate form of another thing to begin with. There can't be a diet-diet-soda. Keynesian economics is Keynesian economics, Social Democracy is Social Democracy, American Liberalism is American Liberalism. If you want to play these incredible game of stretching definitions to loosely connect the dots between random ideologies, fine, but it basically makes the whole process of even applying terms to something meaningless, and thus this discussion becomes, meaningless.

Your ability to obfuscate semantics to avoid actually posting anything of substance will never cease to amaze me, Marokai. But as long as it keeps you from thinking too deeply from the real questions of the day, why, for the sake of humaneness I shan't keep you from continuing to do so.

Yeah, it's about all he is good for, the filthy scum.

I'm already a paranoid driver and I'm really slow at texting. Yay, the government is looking for my best interest... or is it!? They took away my liberty to run people over while looking at my phone and writing messages!

Obviously the freedom to run over people while texting is more important than the freedom to not be run over by people who are texting. And if you think otherwise, you are probably a statist or an authoritarian.

I hope they don't ban texting while driving in Austin or DC.

Mint, don't argue with the 20 year old virgin.

Resolution on the Moderators

1. The Northeast Assembly hereby recognizes the MasterNazi needs to keep his girl problems out of the Northeast Assembly Thread.

2. The Northeast Assembly hereby deports Gustafascist back to Sweden, and condemns his Presidency as the ultimate failure.

(this is just a small sample of a few posts I clicked on, the back ten pages of the Post Moderation board are literally all either reports made against Hamilton or by Hamilton against his haters)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »

Haha he had a motion about me being deported? I wonder if I ever saw that, I have no memory of it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 08:41:09 AM »

This explains his behavior as President, actually. It really was just trolling.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2015, 10:08:44 AM by Linus Van Pelt »

Wasn't Hamilton the guy who, after initially being banned, made a whole flood of socks? Not one after the other, like jmfcst, but all at once, so the forum was basically wrecked for a short period because large number of threads were dominated by vulgar and aggressive socks of the same guy.

If I remember correctly, this is what prompted the appointment of moderators, and ended the period during which Dave moderated the forum himself, because he couldn't keep up with all the Hamilton socks.

Edit: see the below exchange. My memories of this period are a bit hazy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »

^ No, we've always had moderators, and Dave was barely involved in the Hamilton story up until he banned him on our recommendation.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 10:08:00 AM »

^ No, we've always had moderators, and Dave was barely involved in the Hamilton story up until he banned him on our recommendation.

Oh, OK, sorry. But is the part about him making a whole lot of socks all at once true? My memory of this period is pretty hazy.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 10:10:46 AM »

He did make a lot of socks, yes.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 10:11:18 AM »

I think the only one who can be said to have flooded with socks though was Bgwah. Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 11:18:47 AM »

MODLEAKS from a moderator whose identity I will strip out in case he doesn't want me quoting him:

Straha has just informed me that Hamilton has 6 accounts in reserve. He told Straha this for some reason.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 12:39:39 PM »

Was Hamilton Kyle Mercado?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »

If someone's interested in a good summary of his role in Atlasia, check this out.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 03:51:53 PM »

yes
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »

Er... how is that "digging up personal information"? That's just posting PMs you've received from people.

Whatever words you want to use, pretty sure it's a universal rule of the Internet (and a perfectly sensible one at that) that such behavior is lowest-of-the-low scumbaggery.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 02:43:39 AM »

MODLEAKS from a moderator whose identity I will strip out in case he doesn't want me quoting him:

Straha has just informed me that Hamilton has 6 accounts in reserve. He told Straha this for some reason.

Straha is an internet troll in the most classic sense. A humble man for sure, but I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 09:40:57 AM »

If someone's interested in a good summary of his role in Atlasia, check this out.

I love how the second half is essentially bitching about Antonio and me Grin

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »

I love how the second half is essentially bitching about Antonio and me Grin

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, he held a major grudge against us, and that made the NE assembly completely unworkable.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »

Personally, my fondest memory of this charming character is the time he challenged me to prove my PM score wasn't fake on the day my grandmother passed away.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 05:49:19 PM »

Personally, my fondest memory of this charming character is the time he challenged me to prove my PM score wasn't fake on the day my grandmother passed away.

I remember. That was really low, even for Kyle Mercado.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies