IDS 2: The Down with Imperialism and Tyranny Act (Withdrawn by Sponsor)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:38:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS 2: The Down with Imperialism and Tyranny Act (Withdrawn by Sponsor)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS 2: The Down with Imperialism and Tyranny Act (Withdrawn by Sponsor)  (Read 521 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2015, 10:07:24 PM »
« edited: January 31, 2015, 01:52:10 PM by IDS Speaker Maxwell »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: X

Sponsor, please speak on this ASAP.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:13:31 PM »

There is quite literally no logical justification for treating Kentucky and Virginia as a part of the Mideast.  These are culturally Southern states with a proud Southern heritage and they belong in the IDS.  Anything less is tantamount to an illegitimate colonial occupation by the Mideast.  Already prominent Mideasterners such as former Senator Shua have formed a militia for the experience purpose of defending the Mideastern "motherland" and intimidating those who would speak out for a reunion with their fellow citizens in the IDS.  We must stand with our fellow Southerners in their struggle against tyranny, imperialism, and oppression!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:16:35 PM »

While I'm not opposed to acquiring Kentucky and Virginia, don't you think declaring war against another region would be in bad taste?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:01:44 PM »

I am 100% against a militant IDS. There is no amount of amending you could do to make me support this.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 08:05:03 AM »

While I'm not opposed to acquiring Kentucky and Virginia, don't you think declaring war against another region would be in bad taste?

Obviously, I would prefer to see this colonialization ended through peaceful means, it must be brought to an end one way or another.  I don't see this as an act of war because the Mideast's "claim" to Virginia and Kentucky has no legitimacy.  However, I am certainly open to amendments.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 04:23:40 PM »

No such amendments would make it possible for me to agree with the content of what you are saying.

Duke - you're the swing vote, what is your feeling?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 05:30:37 PM »

I just want the imperial name to go away. I of course don't support going to war with other regions.

I've never understood why virginia and Kentucky were not part of the south, but I've also never understood why the Mideast existed. But it does and we won't be declaring war on them.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 05:47:07 PM »

I just want the imperial name to go away. I of course don't support going to war with other regions.

I've never understood why virginia and Kentucky were not part of the south, but I've also never understood why the Mideast existed. But it does and we won't be declaring war on them.

How is it an act of war to demand that they end their illegal, immoral, and imperialist occupation of Virginia and Kentucky?  If certain parts of this seem explicitly like a declaration of war, I am happy to amend it as I said before.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »

Demand or what? Are we going to use any teeth with this? I returned them to the south in my regional reduction plan, but if we took away those states we'd essentially gut the Mideast.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »

Demand or what? Are we going to use any teeth with this? I returned them to the south in my regional reduction plan, but if we took away those states we'd essentially gut the Mideast.

The Mideast can have part of another region if it wants, that's a question for the Mideast government and the Senate.  Or the Mideastern carpetbaggers could stop building settlements on culturally Southern lands.  However, they must not solve their population troubles by oppressing Southerners and occupying land that rightfully belongs to the IDS.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 07:38:30 PM »

This has around two more days of discussion. After that, I'm just going to call a vote on this legislation, since we all seem to see where this is going.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 02:05:11 AM »

The problem is, there's no Mideast region in the US as we know it, so I don't know what they'd do if we took two states from them.

Because of that, I don't think I can support such a resolution. I'm not a fan of the imperial south anyway, but I've never made that a secret.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 09:55:38 AM »

The problem is, there's no Mideast region in the US as we know it, so I don't know what they'd do if we took two states from them.

Because of that, I don't think I can support such a resolution. I'm not a fan of the imperial south anyway, but I've never made that a secret.

Is there any amendment that could be made so you would support it?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 01:11:27 PM »

I don't know. I think you are having the same issue I have sometimes, in that you're equating US = Atlasia. In Atlasia, Virginia, Kentucky and WV have never been part of the South, so saying they belong here is right in the American sense, but not in the Atlasian sense.

After all, the US doesn't have a Mideast region. When I hear mideast, I think of Saudi Arabia. We have a south, west coast, mid atlantic, midwest, northeast and southwest. So if we look at Atlasia through the American viewpoint, the whole country is screwed up.

Do I make any sense at all? I agree having Kentucky and Virginia in regions that aren't the south seem funny, but having a Mideast region at all seems strange.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2015, 03:10:30 PM by Joffrey Baratheon, King of the Vicious Idiots »

I don't know. I think you are having the same issue I have sometimes, in that you're equating US = Atlasia. In Atlasia, Virginia, Kentucky and WV have never been part of the South, so saying they belong here is right in the American sense, but not in the Atlasian sense.

After all, the US doesn't have a Mideast region. When I hear mideast, I think of Saudi Arabia. We have a south, west coast, mid atlantic, midwest, northeast and southwest. So if we look at Atlasia through the American viewpoint, the whole country is screwed up.

Do I make any sense at all? I agree having Kentucky and Virginia in regions that aren't the south seem funny, but having a Mideast region at all seems strange.

I see your point, you're probably right.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 04:50:02 PM »

We in the Mideast wish that you cease your attempts to reignite the long-settled territorial disputes that has put the nation at the brink of civil war in the past. Not to mention a lot of our most influential representatives are from Virginia, they're hardly being oppressed.

- Mideast Assembly Speaker New Canadaland
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »

We in the Mideast wish that you cease your attempts to reignite the long-settled territorial disputes that has put the nation at the brink of civil war in the past. Not to mention a lot of our most influential representatives are from Virginia, they're hardly being oppressed.

I agree New Candaland, and apologize for the attempts of a rogue legislator.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »

I agree New Candaland, and apologize for the attempts of a rogue legislator.

Roll Eyes
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 01:51:06 AM »

Praise God! So it is settled?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 02:02:21 AM »

Tomorrow I will put this up for a vote.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 08:37:46 AM »

Yeah, you made a pretty good point.  I'm willing to withdraw the bill if that's allowed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »

It is.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: