CPAC straw poll: Paul 26% Walker 21% Cruz 12% Carson 11% Bush 8% Santorum 4% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:10:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CPAC straw poll: Paul 26% Walker 21% Cruz 12% Carson 11% Bush 8% Santorum 4% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPAC straw poll: Paul 26% Walker 21% Cruz 12% Carson 11% Bush 8% Santorum 4%  (Read 10072 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 28, 2015, 05:43:16 PM »

I don't agree with Mo Elleithee on much but Walker went over the line in my opinion comparing protesters to terrorists. He probably is just pandering the crowd but for us  Moderates we think twice about for voting somebody  that says that. That along with Planned Parenthood and Walker defunding it in his state brings up red flags about Walker in my opinion. He also said in his recall election in 2011 he wouldn't do right-to-work laws in his state for private sector workers now he says he is gonna do it. I am having my doubts about Walker right now. I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for him but like I said its red flags and enough red flags that are put up like Romney in 2012 I just can't vote for you.

Bingo. Some lines are not to be crossed. Comparing benign opponents to pure evil such as Nazis, Stalinists, or now ISIS violates any concept of political decency. Peaceful protest is an essential part of democracy, one of the few non-electoral constraints upon excess.

Walker well knows that the way to satisfy his part of the electorate is to deny the Other Side anything. Such is a consequence of polarization. Most issues divide roughly 52-48, and some issues (same-sex marriage) offer no compromise.

...On Right-to-Work... Scott Walker's word is worthless. He backtracked when he saw impending defeat and struck again swiftly when he thought that he could get away with it. Such is politics by fait accompli, shown highly effective -- by Vladimir Lenin and Benito Mussolini.  

Scott Walker will captivate the religious fundamentalists who believe that economics don't matter (because This World is nothing but a test for whether one goes to Heaven or Hell) and of course those people who want America to be a place with no restraints upon entrepreneurial and executive greed, and perhaps a brain drain.  

The Right is going to love him just as the Right loved Goldwater in 1964. But Goldwater lost states that no Republican nominee had lost since 1936 and have not lost since 1964. I also remember how enthusiastic the Left was about George McGovern in 1972 and how astonished it was that the rest of America lacked enthusiasm for him by voting 49-1 among the States against him.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies