What city would vote GOP first?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:16:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What city would vote GOP first?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What city would vote GOP first: NYC or LA?
New York

Los Angeles

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: What city would vote GOP first?  (Read 3564 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »

Los Angeles, because of Santa Monica.  But Staten Island runs pretty close to Santa Monica.  Richie area in a Democratic city.

Not only is Santa Monica not a part of LA, it also was rather (in)famous as the "People's Republic of Santa Monica" and its rent control policies.

Rent control is a pretty right-wing policy, IMO.

How so?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 05:23:16 AM »

I know that Santa Monica, is in LA county, not LA itself, but it is part of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan center of the city. 

And it is a segment of the city that are more upper class, and they tend to be a bit more conservative than the rest of the city.

NYC, on the other hand, which is the bedrock of the Democratic party, and while having Clintons, Kennedys and Cuomos living there, I doubt will be voting G O P anytime soon. That's my point.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 11:29:11 AM »

I know that Santa Monica, is in LA county, not LA itself, but it is part of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan center of the city. 

And it is a segment of the city that are more upper class, and they tend to be a bit more conservative than the rest of the city.

NYC, on the other hand, which is the bedrock of the Democratic party, and while having Clintons, Kennedys and Cuomos living there, I doubt will be voting G O P anytime soon. That's my point.
I do agree that New York City is arguably the backbone of the Democratic Party as is one of the major ancestral base regions for the party (much like how East Tennessee and part of the Midwest are some of the ancestral base regions for the Republican Party).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »

Probably New York, considering Staten Island is allowed to run the whole show.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 10:42:15 PM »

Aren't there poor areas of Staten Island?  After all the Wu Tang Clan came from there and I doubt they grew up rich.

Yeah the North Shore. Heavily minority and more urban in character than most of the island.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 01:03:17 PM »

NYC. I could see it happening soon. The GOP can run up their numbers in Bay Ridge, Staten Island, Dyker Heights. Put Walker or Bush to campaign in Bay Ridge, and you can see Kings County GOP smile a bit because they would only lose by 30 points to the Democratic ticket.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »

Your post very much implied Santa Monica was part of LA city especially by comparing it to Staten Island.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is wealthier yes, but more in the sense of the Upper East Side then Staten Island. If anything some place like Beverly Hill is more conservative.

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »

I feel that NY is very traditionally Democratic and metropolitan however Hispanics are really not solidly into the Democratic column, and could shift to the Republicans easily if they moderate on fiscal issues and immigration due to their social conservatism.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 01:02:52 PM »

I feel that NY is very traditionally Democratic and metropolitan however Hispanics are really not solidly into the Democratic column, and could shift to the Republicans easily if they moderate on fiscal issues and immigration due to their social conservatism.

That's why San Diego Hispanics and Jewish communities in SJ and Santa Monica voted for Schwarzenegger instead of the Democrats.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies