Texas shows its ever-true colors on Muslim Capitol Day
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:32:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Texas shows its ever-true colors on Muslim Capitol Day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Texas shows its ever-true colors on Muslim Capitol Day  (Read 3044 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »

Truly insane people that inhabit that hellhole.

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/01/29/rep-staff-ask-muslim-visitors-pledge-allegiance/
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »

On the bright side, I finally figured the name of that woman (the one who grabbed the microphone): Christine Weick.

She's the same one who crashed the CAIR event at the National Cathedral in 2014 and the one responsible for the "Monster 666 Energy Drink" video that came out slightly before that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4bDKHnSu0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OiyrXoa_xo

Another notable appearance:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/12/anti-gay-slushie-mothers-day-protester_n_5309323.html
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:37:30 PM »

I think you mean "Texas Republican"
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 07:41:43 PM »

Also, to be fair, the crazy microphone lady is from Michigan and travels all over the country doing this sort of stuff. The same obviously cannot be said about all the others.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This makes zero sense whatsoever. Either she assumed all Muslims are raging, foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Semites who would melt at the sight of a Magen David or she's just one of those AIPAC-ers who thinks Israel is the 51st and most important state in the US.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »

This makes zero sense whatsoever. Either she assumed all Muslims are raging, foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Semites who would melt at the sight of a Magen David or she's just one of those AIPAC-ers who thinks Israel is the 51st and most important state in the US.

That paragraph struck me as well.  Really embarrassing, but let's be honest:  her attitudes don't just represent Austin, and frankly it's not just in the United States.  As I recall it wasn't long ago that most posters on this forum were extolling the virtues of a bigoted French publication which demonizes not only Islam, but all religion.  Muslims are pretty much Public Enemy Number One.  If you're a Muslim, then you're really not welcome here.  Sad, but true. 

I really don't think she made assumptions about Muslims, though.  She simply made assumptions about her constituents.  She's not a diplomat, she's a politician.  She has figured out what it takes to get elected, and will ride it to get re-elected.  Apparently in her district that means figuring out who to scapegoat.  My guess is that this doesn't distinguish her from the other 434 other members of congress.  Note that most of the visitors were children.  This is a pretty realistic civics lesson for them, probably more brutally honest than their teachers had anticipated.

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »

This makes zero sense whatsoever. Either she assumed all Muslims are raging, foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Semites who would melt at the sight of a Magen David...

Well, isnīt that the predominant opinion in many places?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 10:03:34 PM »

Also, note how SHE used ISRAEL as the red cloth. There are so many things Jewish she could have put out. For that matter, the same star you can find on many objects that are not an Israeli flag - she did not think of anything else. That, actually, is a good reference for that thread about the fired professor on this board Smiley
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 10:11:48 PM »

Most likely one of those evangelical Israel-fetishists who are looking for any opportunity to rile up "holy conflict" between Jews and Muslims. It pisses me off to no end. Most of them are no friends of us.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 10:14:47 PM »

Most likely one of those evangelical Israel-fetishists who are looking for any opportunity to rile up "holy conflict" between Jews and Muslims. It pisses me off to no end. Most of them are no friends of us.

So, may be they are to blame for anti-semitism?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 10:25:33 PM »

So, may be they are to blame for anti-semitism?

They're not helping. Christian Zionists are very active, and often get conflated with Jewish activists when people talk about the "Israel lobby".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 10:39:21 PM »

I'm confused. Did she want them to pledge allegiance to the United States or to Israel?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 10:44:02 PM »

I'm confused. Did she want them to pledge allegiance to the United States or to Israel?

I think the point is that to her, there is no difference.

An old-school British Tory is meant to hold The Church, The Crown and The Empire above all else.

A reactionary American Teavangelical is meant to view defense of Israel, Fetuses and The One Percent as core national values.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »

To Jesus Smiley
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 10:52:41 PM »

Actually, I remember watching the documentary Jesus Camp and there was a scene where the homeschooled kids recited an alternative version of the pledge of allegiance to the American flag, the Israeli flag and "the Christian flag." The last one was this one that is found in some American Protestant churches:

Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 10:55:25 PM »

It's more likely that she just wanted to provoke them with the sight.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 10:57:36 PM »

The uniquely American phenomenon of anti-Semitic Zionism is bizarre.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 09:24:06 AM »

Is this some kind of fking joke
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »

I'm sorry, but Texas Dems would be best to just get the hell out of there. I'd hate to identify with a state and culture that is so deep in hate and human rights abuses.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »

WTF, LOL.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »

I'm sorry, but Texas Dems would be best to just get the hell out of there. I'd hate to identify with a state and culture that is so deep in hate and human rights abuses.
This involved 25 protestors and one legislator. Only a retard would move to a different State because of that.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 07:34:55 PM »

Yeah, a few people in a demostration prove the state's culture is hateful Roll Eyes
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »

Not at all. They have a common goal: getting America rid of the Jews.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:04 AM »

Yeah, a few people in a demostration prove the state's culture is hateful Roll Eyes

>the idea that Texas isn't a state systemically rich in bigotry

This is not the only piece of the puzzle.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 11:38:19 AM »

Yes, the people who espouse this stuff, usually Southerners, are pretty much the last people you would think would be particularly welcoming of actual Jews. I've always been skeptical of the apocalypse-precipitating explaination of this phenomenon but it is otherwise inexplicable.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies