Saying Hi.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:43:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Saying Hi.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saying Hi.  (Read 1019 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »

Hi. My Name is jojoju1998 and I am running to be your next Senator. Some people might question how a popular former Governor and Senator can be defeated by a newcomer with no record at at all. That's your opinion and I accept that. But I urge you to listen to what I have to say.

1. I support raising the Minimum Wage to 18 dollars a hour and giving Small Business a Tax Cut. So That they can hire more workers. And the Workers can have a more stable future.

2. Making Sure that Poverty is eliminated by working together with local governments and buisiness to develop new Anti Poverty Programs. One of the Programs I will push for will be Job Training Centers, allowing people in Poverty to learn the skills they need for the new world.

3. Investing in Education. I'll also support hiring 100,000 new Math and Science Teachers, Getting rid of the Teacher's Unions and expaning School Vouchers.

Thank you and go Vote !
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 02:12:48 PM »

^ Are you sure you're a Republican (irl)/Federalist? And why are you opposing teacher's unions while hiring 100,000 new ones? To boot the experienced ones who demand a higher pay out?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »

I believe you have misunderstood me.

1. I'll push to replace all of the Teacher's Unions with a single advocacy group for teachers. And I will only boot out the ones who have not done a good job educating children.

2. And Raising the Minimum Wage is a conservative idea. By slowly weaning people off Welfare Payments.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 02:43:59 PM »

I don't support any proposal to remove teacher unions, whether it's in the North-East or Pacific. I reckon it's unconstitutional, and I don't support putting all teachers into one union which ignores the fact that different unions provide different options for different teachers. An advocacy based system sounds like a paper tiger, would they have the right to strike?

I also don't understand how you will 'boot out' certain teachers, is it based on test scores? Or inspections?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 02:53:49 PM »

1. My Advocacy based System won't have the right to strike in theory. Because the group will petition the Government.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »

I will only boot out the ones who have not done a good job educating children.

based on what criteria? an objective evaluation of whether a teacher has "done a good job educating children" would be difficult at best.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »

1. My Advocacy based System won't have the right to strike in theory. Because the group will petition the Government.

Isn't that the step before a strike or can somebody correct me?

1. I'll push to replace all of the Teacher's Unions with a single advocacy group for teachers. And I will only boot out the ones who have not done a good job educating children.

2. And Raising the Minimum Wage is a conservative idea. By slowly weaning people off Welfare Payments.

Also, increasing the minimum wage is not a conservative idea (lol) and a single advocacy group wouldn't be good for teachers (I agree with Blair's arguments).
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »

I will only boot out the ones who have not done a good job educating children.

based on what criteria? an objective evaluation of whether a teacher has "done a good job educating children" would be difficult at best.

A Yearly review based on test scores. And I won't boot them out. I'll send Teachers back to a Teacher Training Center.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »

If you were to win election as Senator, you would likely be Constitutionally prohibited from taking office.

[quote]2. No Person shall be a Senator who has not attained 200 or more posts, whose account is not at least 60 days old, and is not a registered voter in the Region that they represent.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »

Also, increasing the minimum wage is not a conservative idea (lol) and a single advocacy group wouldn't be good for teachers (I agree with Blair's arguments).

I'll also include a 15 percent corporate Income Tax Cut.

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 03:03:51 PM »

If you were to win election as Senator, you would likely be Constitutionally prohibited from taking office.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What ? I did not read this. I apologize. Where can I read this ? Stupid me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 03:04:06 PM »

How will you pay for that tax cut?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »

What ? I did not read this. I apologize. Where can I read this ? Stupid me.

It's in the Atlasian Constitution. You can find it in the "wiki" tab at the top of the Atlas page heading.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 03:07:17 PM »

Having the Minimum Wage Increase.

I will start posting like crazy.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »

Having the Minimum Wage Increase.

I will start posting like crazy.

How will the minimum wage offset the costs of cutting the corporate tax by 15% and hiring 100,000 teachers? How much would the teachers get paid?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »

Oh great, removing the right of teachers to strike. That's just what we need when Teachers are facing increased pressures. Petition the government? That's not going to work. What reason would the government have to actually listen. There's literally millions of times when people have petitioned the government, and the government simply ignores them. I can't support any measure that removes the fundamental right of all workers-the right to withdraw labour.

So a review based on test scores? Do you think that a quality of a teacher is found through a test carried out by students. It ignores so many more important factors in teaching, what about teachers in inner city schools where results could be lower?

You said you'd boot teachers out, Teacher training centre? That's not going to work, you don't learn how to be a good teacher by sitting in a classroom learning about 'teaching theories' or 'behavior control''.

So to summarize we've got removal of union rights, tax cuts for business and destruction of the teaching industry?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »

While I'm not necessarily on board with the candidate's proposal, I must add that there's few things I find more infuriating than the idea that teaching is a magical sacred profession and that any attempt to objectively measure teacher performance is an exercise in futility and a scurrilous attack on educators.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »

While I'm not necessarily on board with the candidate's proposal, I must add that there's few things I find more infuriating than the idea that teaching is a magical sacred profession and that any attempt to objectively measure teacher performance is an exercise in futility and a scurrilous attack on educators.

I'm not opposed to teacher assessment, I'm opposed to teacher assessment based on a single arbitrary assessment, I'm opposed to removal of union rights and I'm opposed to sending teachers back to school.

And everyone loves to knock teacher, you're more than welcome to join the profession
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 04:46:15 PM »

I'm not opposed to teacher assessment, I'm opposed to teacher assessment based on a single arbitrary assessment, I'm opposed to removal of union rights and I'm opposed to sending teachers back to school.

And everyone loves to knock teacher, you're more than welcome to join the profession

That's not a good argument.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 04:50:55 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2015, 05:35:44 PM by Blair2015 »

That's not a good argument.

It probably isn't. But I'm sick of the stuff that teachers have to take. Not only on unions, pay,pensions or working conditions but the general social strain that is placed on them. It seems that only health workers are treated with such public discontent at the moment.

Teachers shouldn't be sent to 'training' school if there students fail an exam, what should happen is more funding, more research and more teaching time.I do not know any other profession where employees would be 'booted out' because of a single arbitrary result that they struggle to control.

I'm sorry if this appears to of worked me up, but teachers are a very undervalued profession, despite what members of this board think.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 06:40:39 PM »

A little unpolished maybe, but you'll be going great as time goes. Endorsed Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies