AZ-Gov: Republicans Scared of Janet Napolitano
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:13:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-Gov: Republicans Scared of Janet Napolitano
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-Gov: Republicans Scared of Janet Napolitano  (Read 1458 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2005, 12:16:25 PM »

From the AP:

PHOENIX - Two prominent Arizona Republicans said Thursday that they will not challenge Gov. Janet Napolitano in next year's gubernatorial race.

Former Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley and U.S. Rep. Rick Renzi are the latest Republicans declining to run against the Democrat.

U.S. Rep. J.D. Hayworth announced last month that he wouldn't challenge Napolitano and will instead run again for Congress.

Remaining potential Republican challengers include former Gov. Fife Symington, former Attorney General Grant Woods, and Keith DeGreen, a Scottsdale attorney and radio show host.

No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 05:31:52 PM »

I pretty much posted that already Smiley

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=20607.0

As for fear, I do not fear Janet Napolitano.  As for Grant Woods, he already ruled himself out because "the governor is doing a good job."  His words, not mine obviously.  He makes McCain look like Rick Santorum.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 04:58:28 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2005, 05:02:39 AM by Frodo »

it's pretty clear by now that Napolitano is guaranteed re-election -and maybe by a landslide if she is left with what looks to be a sacrifical lamb:

GOP possibilities for Ariz. gov. shrinking

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

PHOENIX -- Former Arizona Gov. Fife Symington won't be challenging Democratic Gov. Janet Napolitano next year.

Symington had been considering another gubernatorial run for several months, but said in a phone interview Thursday that he would focus instead on his consulting business.

"I just don't have the enthusiasm that I had when I was there and I ran my two races," he said.
....................................................................................................

The only confirmed GOP challengers are Keith DeGreen, a Scottsdale attorney and radio show host, and Scottsdale resident Teresa Ottesen, a 25-year-old political novice.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apelection_story.asp?category=1134&slug=BRF%20Arizona%20Governor
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 08:33:56 PM »

Don't forget about Marilyn Quayle Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies