Should Republicans pick a women as VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:46:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should Republicans pick a women as VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Should Republicans pick a women as VP  (Read 2273 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: February 03, 2015, 04:57:40 PM »

Susana Martinez if she can be persuaded, otherwise Shelley Moore Capito.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 02:59:24 PM »

Simply for the sake of picking a woman? They seemingly did that once already, and that strategy blew up in their face.

This. As much as the American electorate is full of low information voters, they'll see an attempt by the Republicans putting a woman on the ticket as pandering. Didn't work in 2008 and it certainly won't work in 2016 when the push to have a woman in the White House will be of greater emphasis. If the Republicans genuinely want a woman on the ticket, why not nominate her to be at the top? Oh, wait... Although, it could be good for Democrats if they do to help with female voters; we can easily make the argument, "Look. We have a woman at the top of the ticket, and they're still stuck on putting a woman second in command after a man." (You see where I'm going with this.) Conversely, that argument could also help Republicans with men who feel "threatened" by having women in positions of power.

If they are that insistent and desperate about putting a woman on the ticket for sake of identity politics, I'd suggest Kay Bailey Hutchison, although her abortion views are a little iffy and may not pass the litmus test for the base. She comes from a red state, is conservative enough for both the establishment and (arguably) the teabaggers to support, and, unlike Palin, has the knowledge and experience needed in any presidential candidate. If I were a Republican looking for a woman, she'd have my vote.

KBH would be 73 in 2016.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies