Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:10:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion  (Read 8818 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »

In my capacity as the Deputy Attorney General of the Republic of Atlasia I hereby charge Tyrion/Ogis with voter fraud under the terms of the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The constitutional article dealing with trials states the following:

According to the aforementioned Re-Consolidates Criminal Justice Act evidence may present in one of the following manners:

I thank the honorable Judges for their attention. Should the Supreme Court decide to hear the case I will be ready to present evidence on this matter.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 01:08:05 PM »

Voter fraud? Ogis was banned.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »

3a. If a citizen no longer has access to their previous forum account and wishes to register and/or vote with a new forum account in Atlasia, then they shall be allowed to do so legally only if they make it clear in the registration thread who they are and which forum account they previously registered under so that the SoFA may appropriately update the registration without having any duplicate accounts on the voter roll.
3b. This shall exclude those who have had their previous account banned from the Atlas Forum.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 01:12:14 PM »

And?
Ogis and Tyrion have never been registered at the same time.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »

Another one of the administration's bullsh##t witch-hunts
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 03:33:39 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2015, 04:30:05 PM by IDS Speaker Maxwell »

Ogis/Tyrion has already been prosecuted. We should not be going after him on the same crime twice.

For the record I think the administration has been right on its previous prosecutions.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 04:33:34 PM »

Ogis/Tyrion has already been prosecuted. We should not be going after him on the same crime twice.

For the record I think the administration has been right on its previous prosecutions.

He, like JoMCaR, was banned, but not prosecuted in the Atlasian Judicial System.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »

Good grief.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 06:29:14 PM »

He, like JoMCaR, was banned, but not prosecuted in the Atlasian Judicial System.

1) Tyrion/Ogis received a pardon
2) Tyrion/Ogis never had multiple active accounts in Atlasia, so "voter fraud" isn't a concept here
3) Tyrion/Ogis identified himself properly according to the law upon returning

More bullsh!t and witch-huntery from this radical right-wing administration. I can't wait until you all are purged into irrelevance once again.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »

This is absolutely correct, and the only thing that mattered in Griffin's post.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »

The return of Tyrion is a welcome development and anybody who opposes his return is just terrible/is Ben.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 08:22:20 PM »

What is this?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 09:04:26 PM »

This is a pretty ridiculous prosecution.  Tyrion's already punished for his crime, he's been pardoned, and his return can only be described as glorious news!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »

2) Tyrion/Ogis never had multiple active accounts in Atlasia, so "voter fraud" isn't a concept here

More bullsh!t and witch-huntery from this radical right-wing administration. I can't wait until you all are purged into irrelevance once again.

This is a center-right rather than a radical right-wing administration. We've never had a far-right administration in Atlasian history. In fact we've had radical left ones since I've been part of this game.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 11:20:54 PM »

This is a center-right rather than a radical right-wing administration. We've never had a far-right administration in Atlasian history. In fact we've had radical left ones since I've been part of this game.

It's far-right in terms of how it operates with respect to handling political opponents. Just because Lumine is like Tmth in more ways than one doesn't mean that he's not a total reactionary scoundrel that is completely unfit to hold office.

Again, this is all that matters:

In order to promote peace and stability in the Republic, to deter witch hunts, and to refresh the game, I am ordering the following "Clean Slate Provision", under the power vested in me by the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia.

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 09:13:33 AM »

A naked attempt to remove a legitimate voter of the Midwest in order to strengthen the bid of carpetbagging Fedoralists Dereich and Cassius against yours truly. This administration has no low to which it will stoop to maintain its grip on political power, however fleeting that may in fact be.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »

I find the idea of pardoning oneself despicable. Yet, if it's legal, there's nothing that can be done.

But I'm not a lawyer, so that's not up for me to determine. Btw, wasn't presidential pardon powers restricted at some point in the past? (I don't remember).
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 03:46:14 PM »

I don't believe we have any discretion in whether or not to hear a trial. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. If the Justice department wishes to proceed with this despite the concerns raised we will assign a justice to preside.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 06:18:20 PM »

I don't believe we have any discretion in whether or not to hear a trial. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. If the Justice department wishes to proceed with this despite the concerns raised we will assign a justice to preside.

Even if there's blatantly no case whatsoever and it doesn't violate the law?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 06:51:37 PM »

It sure is  that Griffin and his merry lads didn't raise a finger when JoMCaR was prosecuted for the exact same offense as Tyrion, but when Tyrion is prosecuted, they all go nuts.

Things that aren't smart: Making a political baiting thread when accused of politically persecuting people.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 11:35:56 PM »

If the AG's office desires to continue prosecution, I will gladly submit myself to the Court. I shall also definitely exercise my right to representation.

I do ask the AG's office to consider this question: What do you stand to gain here?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 04:43:43 AM »

If the AG's office desires to continue prosecution, I will gladly submit myself to the Court. I shall also definitely exercise my right to representation.

I do ask the AG's office to consider this question: What do you stand to gain here?

Deputy Attorney General rpryor03 represents the prosecution in this case but I'm going to comment on your question anyway.

Our job is to enforce the laws that are on the books. If there is evidence that a federal law might have been violated we will have a look at it and eventually bring it up before the Supreme Court. Then the Supreme Court gets to decide which side is right. We believe this case to be somewhat similar to JoMCaR's and wish to have that clarified by the Court.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 09:49:38 AM »

Can't Lumine just hand a pardon?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »

I know it's now allowed for other people to post on the Court Cases (and indeed I would hope people stop doing it), but in my purely personal view I have not been inclined to issuing pardons at all during my Presidency.

I think Tyrion set a terrible example in October and overall I don't believe pardons are the answer when it comes to judicial situations, because that would imply that the President can simply do as he pleases when it comes to sentences.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 03:59:42 PM »

Wouldn't this case fall under Pacific jurisdiction? Tyrion was registered in the Pacific, so the offense would have been committed there and thus should be heard in the Pacific courts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies