Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:50:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion  (Read 8844 times)
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« on: February 07, 2015, 11:35:56 PM »

If the AG's office desires to continue prosecution, I will gladly submit myself to the Court. I shall also definitely exercise my right to representation.

I do ask the AG's office to consider this question: What do you stand to gain here?
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 04:39:22 AM »

I do.

Was I supposed to receive a PM or something? I'm relatively new to being tried in court, so I'm not sure what the next steps are supposed to be.

It looks like there was some mention upthread of the Pacific CJO being my automatic representation. I've also received other offers of legal counsel. How do I proceed?
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 04:40:36 AM »

I plead Not Guilty to the charges placed before me.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »

I confirm that I am present at the proceedings and am ready to take the stand.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »

I, Ogis24, swear that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Dave.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 12:07:34 AM »

It would be my pleasure.

I would not say I joined the forum under the most innocent of pretenses. The impetus was to bug one benconstine, and, really, it was juvenile on my part. I suffered the malady that we have all faced, that of being 14. Beyond my extracurricular pursuits, I registered in Atlasia out of actual keen interest in a political sim. Even then, the idea of a messageboard society intrigued me. Of course, I was misguided and vaguely trollish (see: 14), but not openly ignorant of the laws which governed Atlasia. I waited in line like everyone else for a citizenship card, even if I would have giggled a bit if the numbers 6 and 9 happened to be adjacent in my SSN.

Eventually, I was banned, and deservedly so.

I returned every once in a while, and my contributions to society improved every time. However, my debt to society was not paid, and I was rebuffed by Dave and his angels, praise be unto them. 

Eventually, I returned to the forum as "agooji", and I immediately stated that my identity was Ogis. I wished to get a fresh start. Dave messaged me that same day; I assume I was sufficiently apologetic, because he never responded, and I was allowed to stay. I served as a good member of the Mideast Assembly, but then the real world called, and I left my office. I returned (with the same account), and was banned. It was never truly explained to me what happened. All I know was that the account was allowed to persist for 2.5 years (not all active), and then I was banned.

Then I registered as Tyrion quite a while later, and I believe we are more aware of that story. I was, in my biased estimation, a good politician. I was no longer a delinquent. I was a productive member of society.

At no point did I register in Atlasia with anything less than the utmost interest in and respect for the system, and I never attempted to game the system in any way. I was, indeed, always just one vote in a pool of many, one hanging chad in the chadmiralcy.

And now I am here.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 07:10:21 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, it's quite clear to me that I was a rather misguided member of the forum in my early days, but electoral manipulation is beyond me. At no point did I intend to commit voter fraud. In my mind, no crime was committed.

I don't know that there are any higher laws of this place or entity you call "Atlas", but I presumably balanced the ledger with the Man Upstairs after having been tempbanned. 

No.

At the time, there was a great deal of civil unrest, and the pardons were necessary to maintain peace in the Union without incentivizing bloody coups. There were quite a few people laying claim to some piece of land or some position, so rather than allow the country to descend into Civil War, I pardoned those responsible so we could move on. I also pardoned those not responsible, and their mothers as well, as a consequence of that policy decision.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »

Ogis, did you know that by pardoning all criminals, you were pardoning yourself as well? Did you think of that before you posted it?

The first question implicitly assumes that I am a criminal, so I don't know how to answer it.

Here is the best I can do: I did not think of any future engagements I might have with the Court before issuing that pardon, no, and I can't imagine why I would have.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »

Sorry. Let's change that question, shall we?

You did not think that by pardoning yourself, that it would erase the effects of creating multiple accounts?

I believe I already answered the question.

Here is the best I can do: I did not think of any future engagements I might have with the Court before issuing that pardon, no, and I can't imagine why I would have.

And I'll append to the quote that I did not believe I committed a crime, and continue to feel that way, and therefore it did not cross my mind that I would need to be pardoned.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 04:24:51 AM »

Your Honor, may jurors ask questions?

If so, I would like to ask the prosecution whether the poster known as Ogis/Tyrion has, at any point in time, had two or more accounts registered on the Atlasian voter rolls simultaneously. That point seems critical to me, and it never seems to have been directly addressed.

I have not, to the best of my knowledge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies