Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:07:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion  (Read 8854 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: February 10, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »

Does the defendant wish to seek legal counsel?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:38:31 PM »

I do.

Was I supposed to receive a PM or something? I'm relatively new to being tried in court, so I'm not sure what the next steps are supposed to be.

It looks like there was some mention upthread of the Pacific CJO being my automatic representation. I've also received other offers of legal counsel. How do I proceed?

Under older laws the Pacific CJO would have been your automatic representation; however, under the current law you may select the  legal representation of your choosing.

Once you have decided upon legal representation, you are expected to enter a plea.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:43:02 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2015, 11:27:19 PM by Justice TJ »

A criminal case requires a randomly selected jury made up members of the region in which the defendant is being tried. To do this, I have generated a random sequence of numbers from 1-29, signifying the residents of the Pacific region in alphabetical order:

12: Never 24:Spamage
20: Sbane
25: Superique
13: Ogre Mage 9: General Mung Beans
27: Torie 15:Paleobrazilian 3:Antonio V

I will be contacting those selected to confirm whether they are willing to serve, and if they are not, a replacement will be selected using the same method. I will entertain any serious objection to the credibility or impartiality of these jurors from either party.

Edit: Ogre Mage declined, so I selected another random number following the same process.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 10:55:24 PM »

Ogre Mage has contacted me to decline Jury Duty and I replaced him by repeating the same random selection process.

I will give one more day or Torie and Never to respond and if they do not, I will assume they are also unwilling.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:22:27 PM »

We seem to be striking out with the jury draws. I'll give the new selections a chance to respond before moving forward.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »

Since neither party has objected and we (finally!) have a full slate of jurors, I hereby ask the jury to swear in and we will begin the proceedings.

Jurors, please repeat the following:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »

Now that we have selected and sworn in the jury, I am now going to ask the prosecution to present its case and call any witnesses they may require. Cross-examination of witnesses by the defense will be permitted after the prosecution has concluded their questioning. Objections by either party to a line of questioning will be duly considered.

I will then ask the defense to respond and call any witnesses they may require. Again, cross-examination by the prosecution will be permitted after the conclusion of questioning, and objections to a line of questioning will be duly considered.

And with that I will ask the prosecution to begin.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »

Repeat the following -

I, Ogis24, swear that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Dave.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »

The prosecution may now cross-examine the witness.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 02:19:16 PM »

Objection overruled. The Court feels the defendant's reason for issuing the pardon is pertinent to  establishing the facts of this case.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 11:08:26 AM »

Objection sustained.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 09:39:36 PM »

Your Honor, may jurors ask questions?

If so, I would like to ask the prosecution whether the poster known as Ogis/Tyrion has, at any point in time, had two or more accounts registered on the Atlasian voter rolls simultaneously. That point seems critical to me, and it never seems to have been directly addressed.

It is typically against the courtroom decorum to permit a juror to ask a question; however, I cannot find any law actually forbidding it and have decided to allow it given the question pertains strictly a clarification of the facts of the case.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 09:41:24 PM »

May I sum up the case for the defence, your honour?

After Ogis's response, you may call you next witness if you have any, and you and/or the prosecutor may decide to recall any past witness to the stand if he has additional questions.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:32 PM »

This is a kindly reminder for all individuals not directly involved in the case to take their extraneous comments elsewhere and delete them, else they will be held in Contempt of Court in accordance with Section 2 of the Contempt of Court Act. This is a federal court proceeding and I will not tolerate politicking in my courtroom. Willful violations will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

If those in the audience have applicable concerns, please address them via PM. Thank you.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »

Official Atlasia Supreme Court Release
Nyman, DC

People of the Republic of Atlasia v. Ogis/Tyrion

The jury has returned a verdict in the trial of Ogis, who stands accused of a count of voter intimidation as described in §2, c.3 of the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (2013).

The jury has unanimously found Ogis to be not guilty of voter fraud.

Having been acquitted of all charges, Mr. Ogis is free to leave.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies