Your Grandparents vs Your Grandparents. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:14:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your Grandparents vs Your Grandparents. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your Grandparents vs Your Grandparents.  (Read 1584 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 05, 2015, 03:51:41 PM »

...Because stealing good ideas from retromike and making them even trippier (because who says you need to drink alcohol and get drunk or get high to come up with ...weird stuff) seems to be my shtick, here it goes.

Premise:  You've overdosed on LSD and have found yourself in a bizarre and complex political dream: Both of your grandparents have decided to run against the side other in a U.S. Presidential election. Judging their political beliefs and personalities, how would the election turn out?

My own example

Maternal Grandpa / Maternal Grandma (R): Compassionate Conservatives to a T, very personable and friendly. One a private family doctor and the other a schoolteacher once. They would definitely fire up the base and convince the South to go for them even with Mormonism. My granddad here was pretty much a standard fifties father, so he'd probably lead the ticket.  Naturally they'll still lose the liberal Northeast, Midwest, and West Coast...and thanks to Las Vegas, lose Nevada. That's about it though

Paternal Grandma/ Paternal Grandpa (D): The grandma on this side was an ethnic liberal, and she'd do well among the Coasts and urban areas, and her work as a social worker could get her far. Unfortunately my grandfather, even with his navy record would end up making a lot of embarrassing gaffes that would moot the otherwise more palatable liberal policies. And they were atheists.

Maternal Side  [Grandpa/Grandma] (R): 294 (51.2% PV)
Paternal Side [Grandma/Grandpa] (D): 244 (46.8% PV)

In the end it'd be close, but ultimately the friendly one's who'll invite you over to dinner in a heartbeat are just going to beat the other side, especially when the potential VP messes up so bad. And Arizona and Utah voters would make up for any slow turn-out in the South

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies