Cassius for the Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:36:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cassius for the Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cassius for the Senate  (Read 472 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2015, 04:14:04 PM »

Cheyenne, Wyoming

Good evening everybody, I'm here today to announce that I will be running for election to the Midwest's seat in the Senate. Now, I realise that I am something of a new boy when it comes to the Midwest region, however, I hope that will not factor into whether or not you decide to vote for me, as henceforth I will be putting the interests of the Midwest region ahead of all others.

Now, I would like to clarify something; it is true that I am a Federalist, and that I stand on the right-side of the political spectrum, whereas the Midwest tilts decidedly towards the centre-left. However, I happen to be of the opinion that this is not a normal election, so to speak, due to the nature of my opponent in the race, our sitting Senator TNF. Now, I do not doubt that he has done the Midwest some service, having been active in the Senate and having won re-election several times. However, what must be stressed is that he is, to put it simply, a revolutionary communist. It is certainly not a crime to be a communist, and everybody is entitled to their own views on they way society should work.

That being said, it is clear that the Senator, through both his actions and words, refuses to accept the legitimacy of the Atlasian state. At every turn he seeks to undermine the functioning of the state, whether it be through clogging the legislative queue with bills calling for the construction of guillotines in public places, or attempts to destroy the territorial integrity of Atlasia by attempting to give certain groups the right to secede, or through his calls for the formation of armed paramilitaries dedicated to terrorising state officials. He seeks only to tear down and destroy the institutions of the Atlasian state, and that state itself, so as to clear the way for the establishment of the communist utopia of his dreams.

You know what that means don't you. Collectivisation of agriculture. Nationalisation of all private enterprise. The Mass execution of political opponents. The indoctrination of the young with communist propaganda. A withdrawal from the wider world and the adoption of a ceaselessly hostile attitude to those peoples who do not share his vision of the future. In short a recipe for total social and economic disaster.

The Senator of course will pretend otherwise, but these are the end results of the policies that he advocates. Any commitment to the formalities of Atlasian democracy that he shows is merely a facade; the thin end of the wedge if you like. As Senator his only goal is to slowly erode the power and stability of the Atlasian state and to prepare the groundwork for the utopia that he envisages, even if to most of the rest of us it seems like a dystopia.

Make no mistake, make no mistake my friends, the time has come, to choose. I'm sure that I have disagreements with a whole host of you on a broad range of issues; however, I think that the majority of us can come to a consensus on the fact that we wish to see the present constitution and the present state of Atlasia maintained, and that we do not wish to see it thrown away in the name of revolution. The true divide in this election is not between right and left, rich and poor or old and young, it is between constitutionalism and revolution. On the one hand, I stand, committed to preserving the Atlasian state, and the functions it carries out in the areas of security and social welfare, on the other stands TNF, a man who wishes to destroy the state. I implore you all not to re-elect this man so he can carry on with his messianic mission to tear apart the fabric of our nation. Whether you're on the left, the right, or anywhere in between, stand with me. Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies