Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:57:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)  (Read 8785 times)
GAworth
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »

I would implore my fellow Midwesterners to exercise their democratic write and go vote in the three elections the Midwest is undertaking. We have two referendums, the Recall Amendment and the MW Sanity to Recall Amendment. Both aim at clarity during the recall process, although I don't think the Federal Recall Amendment should pass, but be that as it may, please go vote.
Also, we have the Althing/Archduke election underway with hardly any residents voting so far. We are again blessed to have a competitive election and so I ask you to go and make your choices for shaping the next few months here in the Midwest.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2015, 11:35:52 PM »

Over an hour ago, the polls for Althing and Archduke closed, (though not officially certified by the Governor)

I am humbled and proud to have received the most First preferences of any candidates. Also, it appears, if my math is correct that BaconBacon96 and Joe Mad have been elected to the Althing. I would also like to congratulate Gass3268 on being elected to the job of Archduke. Now I hope that we will see a productive and active Althing for the months to come.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2015, 08:59:33 PM »

Today I swore back in to serve another term in the Althing. I have introduced in recent days, numerous pieces of legislation to keep the Midwest moving forward. As promised I introduced a budget to the Althing, it is a base from which we should build a budget. This term I will hold the Midwest Government to account. I will be pushing the Governor to appoint a CJO and appoint a Chair to the Bank of the Midwest. I encourage my fellow new Representatives, to introduce legislation and help make the Althing a productive and active chamber from which the Midwest will grow.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2015, 11:36:19 PM »

I would like to take some time tonight, to talk to my fellow Midwesterners of some of the troubling developments in our region and Atlasia at-large. I will start with the most pressing national issue that has come to the Midwest and that is the passage of the Civil Rights Act. I, as a GLBTQ Atlasian, am glad to see the passage of the Act occur. I have read the final draft and believe that is not worth the drum beating we are hearing. I am glad to see GNRs making an advancement, when I first came to politics in the Midwest, I championed GNRs, I also have championed funds for our Native communities, and would be more than happy to work with the Secretary on handling the funds. Overall, the bill to me, is a sound piece of legislation.
 Now, I have not been the biggest cheerleader for TNF in the past, but I certainly don't want to see the man dead, he has been a tireless legislator and statesman. With that said, I also don't want him forming a militia, nor anyone else for that matter. This rush for the rifle is very concerning to me, as someone who saw the violence of the civil war, I feel that this will only lead to that again. Now are there valid critiques of the bill, certainly, we all are entitled to our opinions, mine tend to agree with the Senator on this, but I can understand the arguments against. Protest it, offer counter legislation, take it to court, but for heaven sakes, don't start creating armed groups to oppose it. I urge all citizens to not support these groups.
Turning to the Midwest, the Althing is not starting work on new bills, it has been very slow to get up to speed, and I hope that will change. Our Governor has still not presented his own budget or nominees for the vacant positions here in the Midwest. Our governor vowed to change after the majority of voters expressed no confidence in him, sadly, he remains quiet while the Midwest stalls out. I would implore him to return to the table with nominees, a budget, and a push for his agenda in the upcoming Althing. Now if the ongoing case is the reason for the silence, then just say so, say something.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2015, 08:04:05 AM »

It has been quite a while since the Althing has debated new legislation, and it is not for lack of bills, there are eleven in the queue. Ranging from business support, green energy legislation, a proposed budget, to the Governor's only legislative proposal of increasing the Althing size. I implore the Archduke to introduce bills to the chamber for debate from the queue. Now if the reason the is these are not coming to the floor is because I have submitted all but one of them, then bring the governors legislation to the floor first, and then both of us will work with the other members of the Althing to get bills presented. The Midwest waits to see an active Althing once again.
Thank you
GAworth
United States

« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »

I would like to thank the Althing for electing me unanimously to the position of President Pro-Tempore of the Althing. Both Labor and D-R members supported me for the position. I believe that this shows that if you work hard for your region, no matter the political stripe, they will appreciate and take notice. I look forward to the Althing moving on to debating legislation as soon as possible.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2015, 11:08:57 PM »

I was saddened to see today the GM resignation, he was  a good GM and will be sorely missed. In other news, the Governor has been found guilty in his court case, I am now calling on the Governor to resign from office.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2015, 08:57:21 PM »

With the replacement of Governor Fitzgerald with Archduke Gass, I as PPT will take up the role of Archduke. Shortly I will be contacting the Governor to work on an agenda for the region. I had planned to run for governor if the verdict allowed Lebron to somehow remain in office. However, the region should now have a executive at the helm who will at least be attentive to the job, I have decided not to launch a three way campaign. I will now be determining whether I would wish to remain at the helm of the Althing or remain in the Althing as a representative in the next election. If a by-election is needed, I will stand in the Archduke by-election.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2015, 08:59:35 PM »

After talks with the Governor about reforms to the regions constitution. I have decided to announce that I am seeking public comment on possible constitutional reforms to the Midwest constitution, I would politely ask that this be limited to citizens of the Most Serene Republic.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »

My fellow Midwesterners,
We are again nearing troubles not seen since the Civil war. I will be introducing legislation to the Althing, in conjunction with consultations with our Governor, on appropriate responses to these threats. I am also calling on the Governor to activate the LSS Corps of the Midwest to help protect future attacks to Government Offices in the Midwest. My prayers go out to the families of those dead and injured. I know that these good for nothings will be brought to justice. I will not be willing to stand by and watch the Midwest go back to the disastrous state of affairs we had in October.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2015, 10:17:37 PM »

It has come to my attention that my name has been mentioned as one of the ones who wished the GM to accuse players of colluding with Terrorists.
Let me break down how completely idiotic that is:
1. I have worked over 50 hours this week and barely knew the events revolving around the terrorists was even happening.
2. I have not even contacted the GM about anything having to do with the event.
3. I have no doubt that people will be dumb enough to escalate this in a political football with me not going anywhere near it.
4. I have no malice towards anyone in this game to ever try to do that.
5. Plus the person I am accused of trying to associate with the terrorists is a good friend of mine since the beginning of my time here in Atlasia.

I appreciate people approaching me about this, it is indeed Deeply Disturbing (TM). So please, continue about your business and do not include me in your slander. That is all.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »

My fellow Midwesterners,
When I returned to Atlasia, I made a promise to myself, that I would stay in the Althing. Well, as you know circumstances arose which saw me briefly stay in Nyman and then rise to be the Archduke. However, a mix of reasons have led me to decide to resign as Archduke. I will stay on as Bank Chair. However, personal responsibilities have started me down a path of inactivity that frankly, as a champion of active people in Government, simply must not be allowed to hinder the Midwest. I have given the Governor notice. I hope that the Althing will appoint a new PPT to fill the Archduke position. I will also be conferring with the newly appointed CJO to determine whether I still have a seat in the Althing or not.
Thank you for understanding,
GAworth
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies