The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:36:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.  (Read 9628 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2015, 11:09:22 PM »

Aye
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2015, 11:21:12 PM »

Aye
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2015, 08:06:09 PM »

Aye
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2015, 08:45:47 PM »

Aye
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2015, 09:17:03 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2015, 04:39:16 AM »

By a unanimous vote, the expulsion procedure passes the convention and is adopted into our by-laws.

The People's Party nominees for the Atlasian elections this month are as follows -

President and Vice President of Atlasia: Bore/Bacon King

Northeast Senator: MattVT

Mideast Senator: Spiral **

Midwest Senator: Dereich **

Southeast Senator: Hagrid

Pacific Senator: Cranberry

** Write-in candidate

Since the rules are vague on this point, as Chairman I am making a captain's call (shout out to Polnut!) on the Mideast Senate endorsement, where Spiral's write-in votes are equal to that of abstentions and no endorsement. I am declaring Spiral the winner by a plurality over the other candidates (Write-ins for Sen. Windjammer and Franzl).

X Oakvale
  Chair of The People's Party

Congratulations to our nominees.

I understand that this has been a contentious convention for many of you. Tempers have flared and differences have been voiced. I'm a firm believer that debate is healthy - vital - for a viable political party, so I welcome this conversation, provided we are vigilant to avoid the chaos of disunity in the coming months.

I will deliver my closing remarks for this convention shortly. In the mean time I'll open the floor for any member who wishes to address the convention.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2015, 07:14:51 AM »

Chair and Vice Chair, my fellow People.

I want to take this opportunity to briefly, and I promise it will be brief, to touch on the campaign ahead.

We have had strong emotions raised during this campaign and those emotions should not be ignored or sidelined. This party is about serving the interests of all Atlasians. We aren't the same as some parties around today, or even in the past, we aren't centrally controlled, something the debate over the presidential endorsement showed. We aren't the homogeneous glob or personality cult that others have suggested. We have among the most pragmatic, progressive, comprehensive and realistic platforms of any party, now or from the past. We have principles to be proud of.

I want to note the tension around the Presidential endorsement vote. I acknowledge the discontent from many members about the joint ticket between ourselves and Labor. Some tried to draft me to run for president. I want to make this clear, I believe that Senator Bore has shown a clear capacity to be a pragmatist. I am confident he will govern from that position and in that spirit, not as some kind of blind adherent to the more extreme policies in Labor, especially when his work in the Senate has shown his capacity for independent thinking.

I urge my fellow People to support the Bore/BaconKing ticket as our way to return functioning progressive government to Atlasia.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2015, 12:56:07 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2015, 01:02:28 AM by Duke »

I think it's important we stand behind Bore for several reasons, but the main one being that Bacon King is on his ticket. Friends, this party is first and foremost a party based on organic growth and one that values camaraderie, friendship, trust and mutual respect. We support our own in nearly all circumstances, assuming one of our own is not embarrassing The Party in some capacity.

Bacon King has always been an upstanding member of The Party, and he represents all the things we hold near and dear to our hearts. Senator Bore has also been a steady, dedicated public servant for many terms now, and always worked well and listened to my proposals when I was making people's lives miserable in Nyman. I trust he will be someone who will listen not only to The People, but to The People's Vice President when a big issue is before him.

I join Polnut in supporting Senator Bore and our own Senator Bacon King in their quest to go to the White House. We must unite behind our member and give him all the support he needs, because when you step back and think about it - when this election is over and governing must be done, who will we have more access and trust in if we have a concern? An all D-R ticket, or a ticket with one of our own on it? That's a question you need to ask yourself.

And I say none of this to take away from Maxwell, a wonderful guy and hard worker in his own right, one of the best the right has, but he is not a member of The Party and should he win, he will have no obligation to adhere to anything The People wish to see done. With Bore and Bacon King, The People can plant their seed in Nyman once again.

Join me on stage, light a candle, and take my hand as I sing songs of praise to The People who are the wind in our sails and the butter on my bread. It is important we continue to heed their guidance even during times, like now, of uncertainty.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2015, 02:16:45 PM »

Members of The People's Party,

I want to echo our eternal leader, Duke, and my friend Polnut. This has been a contentious election season and I know some of you will be displeased with the results of our endorsement vote. To be sure, the other tickets in the Presidential election are compelling, and Atlasia will be well served whoever ultimately wins. But I urge you all to unite behind Bore, a moderate with a proven record of standing up to the lunatic fringe, alongside Bacon King, the People's man in Nyman.

"Too soon," many have said. Too soon to give our support to a member of the Labor Party just months after the disastrous events of the last Labor Presidency. I hear your concerns, and I understand them. But I sincerely believe that neither Bore, nor anyone in that party, wishes to repeat the chaos and shame of the DemPGH era. During the nadir of those dark months, when our hopes were so brutally dashed, Bore was a voice in the wilderness, urging moderation and reconciliation when others urged the President to swing ever more violently to the left. I believe Bore has learned  valuable lessons from the mistakes of that time, and those lessons will make him a better President.

And make no mistake - as Chair, I will represent our members and our party's platform - the forthcoming government will know that this party has no time for communist fantasies or Stasi tactics. Our partnership in furthering a progressive agenda is vital to the health and security of Atlasia, but you have my word that we will not be partners to any far-left machinations. And I believe that not only does Bore know this, he has no desire to govern in such a manner regardless.

This a close election. Governance is once again within our grasp. If we stay united, and we work hard, we will elect our candidates, elect Bacon King as Vice President, and wrest control of the Senate away from the prehistoric dogma and stale rhetoric of old. With my stellar Vice Chair, Sawx, and our new Secretary, Flo, at my side I will fight every day for this party. And whatever happens, we will remember our principles, and the reason this party exists. To provide a third way. Government for the people, by The People.

Thank you.

Oakvale

Chair of The People's Party

----

And with that, the Convention is closed. Good luck to all our candidates and endorsed non-party members. Let's win this.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »

I hereby call for the re-convening of the Convention to discuss recent developments and the direction of the Party.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2015, 03:38:12 PM »

I don't consider the Civil Union a major threat or a problem, Simfan. A half-hearted attempt to hijack our party's ethos will fail, and fail spectacularly.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2015, 04:03:15 PM »

I don't consider the Civil Union a major threat or a problem, Simfan. A half-hearted attempt to hijack our party's ethos will fail, and fail spectacularly.

Nor do I. What I am worried about is the growth in The Party to an unprecedented size while more members of The Party, and senior members even, openly endorse candidates other than those endorsed by The Party or even their fellow members!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2015, 04:23:58 PM »

Nor do I. What I am worried about is the growth in The Party to an unprecedented size while more members of The Party, and senior members even, openly endorse candidates other than those endorsed by The Party or even their fellow members!

In a party as diverse ideologically as TPP, there's bound to be some cross-over voting now and again. That shouldn't be a problem so long as we all remain committed to the principles expressed in the platform. Honestly, I would be more concerned by an attempt to purge The Party of all those who dare to disagree with the party leadership than by a handful of members voting against the TPP candidate.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2015, 04:35:22 PM »

The thing is that the latter is not something we saw in The Party at all until very recently. Perhaps broadly applying the democratic principle is in order, something like an executive committee?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »

The thing is that the latter is not something we saw in The Party at all until very recently. Perhaps broadly applying the democratic principle is in order, something like an executive committee?

While it is a bit concerning to see, this party has always subscribed to the mantra of offering the best candidates in the race and thus, giving our voters a clear choice on who to support going forward. I understand some here are concerned about the ever growing one party state, and that is understandable, I too worry, but I don't see it as a need to call a special convention to discuss it.

If we want to create an executive committee to deal with the growth we have seen, that's fine with me. I'd love to be more involved in this party than I have been as of late. It is certainly different than it was when we were a party of 18-20 members.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2015, 01:07:39 PM »

Either way, I do believe we ought to have an open endorsement vote concerning this Senate race.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2015, 02:19:54 AM »

I understand that DKrol is quite new so that members may want an open primary. I'll talk it over with Sawx and Flo.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2015, 04:35:46 AM »

Nothing against DKrol, but I do think a primary process is required.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2015, 05:23:16 AM »

Same. After all, he just joined a week ago.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2015, 05:43:42 AM »

Alright, I'm going to open a free vote on our endorsement in the (presumed!) special election to succeed Bacon King when he is inaugurated as Vice President.

I'd ask all candidates who wish to appear on the ballot to request such here, and I'll hold the vote starting tomorrow.
Foucaulf
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2015, 11:57:40 AM »

I wish to seek the endorsement of The People's Party in the upcoming At-Large election. I will deliver a speech to the Convention floor tomorrow, if possible.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2015, 12:06:07 PM »

You're more than welcome to address the convention, Foucaulf, as is any other candidate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2015, 12:08:52 PM »

I will seek the endorsement of the People's Party as well, and will speak to the convention assuming the floor is opened.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »

Ha!

Also I endorse Foucaulf for The People's Nomination. Adam doesn't even respect our grammatical customs.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »

Mr. Chairman, does not Dkrolga automatically receive The Party's endorsement by virtue of being the only declared TPP candidate?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies