The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:58:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.  (Read 9681 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:18:21 PM »

x Duke
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:50:08 PM »

I'm fine with whoever leads The Party as long as they do a good job. I'd still accept a figurehead position if one was ever created. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 01:23:24 AM »

Good thing I put off voting. I just don't know what's going on anymore.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »

I'll ring in and say I like Bore and maxwell. Politically I line up with Bore more than maxwell given I'm not a fan of libertarians because I think most of them are kids who don't know much about life, but I'll chime in and say I am concerned about the Labor Party having a majority in the senate and the presidency only because of the disaster that was the DemPGH administration.

I know Bore isn't him, and I know BK is on the ticket and he's one of us, so I'm inclined to lean towards that ticket, but that concern remains. The debacle involving the attempt to nationalize our energy sector just because it adhered to the "nationalize everything" mantra still lingers in my mind, especially because it took so long to actually have people back off and realize what harm it would do.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »

President
1. Bore/BK
2. Maxwell/dallasfan

Senate
Southern senate: NC Yankee
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 11:28:19 PM »

I don't think we will be united at the ballot box when it comes to the presidential election this time.

My vote was mainly in support of bacon King and with the knowledge that Polnut has no interest in running, but I understand and share the concerns of most of those opposing the endorsement of the Labor backed ticket. As of now, I feel bore is fully capable of the job, but I'm sure if this whole windjammer business causes BK to drop off the ticket, it would change a lot of things.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 11:09:22 PM »

Aye
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 12:56:07 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2015, 01:02:28 AM by Duke »

I think it's important we stand behind Bore for several reasons, but the main one being that Bacon King is on his ticket. Friends, this party is first and foremost a party based on organic growth and one that values camaraderie, friendship, trust and mutual respect. We support our own in nearly all circumstances, assuming one of our own is not embarrassing The Party in some capacity.

Bacon King has always been an upstanding member of The Party, and he represents all the things we hold near and dear to our hearts. Senator Bore has also been a steady, dedicated public servant for many terms now, and always worked well and listened to my proposals when I was making people's lives miserable in Nyman. I trust he will be someone who will listen not only to The People, but to The People's Vice President when a big issue is before him.

I join Polnut in supporting Senator Bore and our own Senator Bacon King in their quest to go to the White House. We must unite behind our member and give him all the support he needs, because when you step back and think about it - when this election is over and governing must be done, who will we have more access and trust in if we have a concern? An all D-R ticket, or a ticket with one of our own on it? That's a question you need to ask yourself.

And I say none of this to take away from Maxwell, a wonderful guy and hard worker in his own right, one of the best the right has, but he is not a member of The Party and should he win, he will have no obligation to adhere to anything The People wish to see done. With Bore and Bacon King, The People can plant their seed in Nyman once again.

Join me on stage, light a candle, and take my hand as I sing songs of praise to The People who are the wind in our sails and the butter on my bread. It is important we continue to heed their guidance even during times, like now, of uncertainty.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »

The thing is that the latter is not something we saw in The Party at all until very recently. Perhaps broadly applying the democratic principle is in order, something like an executive committee?

While it is a bit concerning to see, this party has always subscribed to the mantra of offering the best candidates in the race and thus, giving our voters a clear choice on who to support going forward. I understand some here are concerned about the ever growing one party state, and that is understandable, I too worry, but I don't see it as a need to call a special convention to discuss it.

If we want to create an executive committee to deal with the growth we have seen, that's fine with me. I'd love to be more involved in this party than I have been as of late. It is certainly different than it was when we were a party of 18-20 members.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 11:13:08 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure why we're having an open nomination. I know Krol is new and untested but I'm uncomfortable suspending our bylaws to endorse someone else. I'd like to have seen the labor party support one of our candidates since we joined them to elect Bore and a host of other labor members last election, but I don't always get what I want.

At this juncture, aside from someone else in our oarty running, Krol should be our candidate. That's nothing against the others, but it seems weird to endorse someone not in our party that's running an active campaign.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 04:17:19 PM »

I guess it is worth asking whether Krol joined in the last two weeks. Did he? if not, then an open primary makes more sense.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 04:30:39 PM »

Dkrolga
The People's Party
Massachusetts

(Just changing party, not state or region)

He joined 8 days ago, but it depends on when the election actually is. The funny thing is, Bacon King has not actually resigned yet, meaning that all these candidates are running for an election that as of now is not scheduled to take place nor has to take place. The real question is, I suppose, when does Bacon King resign and how long after that would the election be held? To the Constitution!

Well, I am a stickler for rules, so technically, Krol isn't entitled to an automatic nomination, so no suspension of rules is required. He hasn't been a member of The Party for two weeks regardless of whether this is considered a new convention or the same one.

Because of this, even if we vote no on suspending the rules, no one in the race is entitled to an automatic endorsement that has declared so far.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 04:35:01 PM »

Should the by-laws be temporarily suspended and an open ballot for the Senate endorsement held?

[X] Yes

[] No

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for the opportunity to speak before you today.

This election is an important one. It could give Labor its 6th seat in the Senate which, when combined with their hold of the Presidency, would give them an unprecedented hold on the government. We cannot allow Labor to win another seat.

Let me begin by answering my critics. Yes - I did just join the party a week ago. Yes - I am still new to Atlasia. Yes - I have never held elected office in Atlasia before. But I believe that those are my strengths, rather than my weaknesses. I'm new to the party and can lead it down a new path - a path focused on centrism and pragmatism. I'm new to Atlasia and I'm new to elected office, allowing me to serve in the Senate without the baggage of some of the other long term people have. I am a fresh face who can bring a new voice to the Senate and Nyman. I want to be the next At-Large Senate before I want to change the tone of Nyman. I want to change the tone in the Senate and make it a place for cooperation between parties. I believe that I am best suited to do that because I am new to Atlasian politics.

I am not to Atlas, however. My account has been registered for just over two years and I have been active since. I am better known on the Election What Ifs board, with alt. histories like General Election - 1990, Camelot Rises, and A More Perfect Union. Many people from that area of Atlas may also know me from NHI's 2004/2008 Election Games or Lumine's ASOIAF Game. I believe that my background being one not from Atlasia gives me a different, new perspective to bring to the Senate. I am also not new to GovSims. I have spent the last five years on various GovSims - ranging from the now-defunct The American Republican, the now-defunct State of the Union, and Virtual America.

I hope that you will look favorably upon my bid for the nomination.

Thank you.

Oh, friend! This party is led by The People! It only dances down a new path when They say dance!

But I am following your campaign closely and like what you're doing. My opposition to an open primary or not has nothing to do with you. I just don't want us to get in the habit of suspending rules.

And as I outlined earlier, I don't even think a rules suspension is necessary since no one has been a member of The Party for 14 days and thus no one is entitled to an automatic endorsement. Had you been a member for 14 days, I would support your automatic endorsement.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »

Should the bylaws be suspending?

X  No

That's my official vote, but it's really moot because we're going to have an open primary anyway given none of the candidates meet the requirements to receive our automatic endorsement. That, and I don't want to set a precedent where we suspend The People's Bylaws whenever it suits us.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 06:12:06 PM »

Yes, I was also unaware of the terms of the agreement because I am no longer involved in the decision making of The Party these days.

Had I been involved, I may have handled it differently. Tongue

Of course, I also understand that the current candidates are not palatable to the Labor, which is ok too, what is done is done, here we are with our candidates, so we have to make the most of it, and I need to learn to accept things and move on.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 10:42:11 PM »

I'm still here. Don't you worry dear boy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 05:44:47 PM »

Well, looks like bacon king is gone...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies