The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:57:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.  (Read 9636 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 06, 2015, 02:16:31 PM »

X Mr. X
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 04:59:59 PM »

ENDORSEMENT BALLOT
President and Vice President
[1] bore/Bacon King (Labor/TPP)
[2] Potus2036/Maxwell (Federalists/D-Rs)
[ ] Write in:

Northeast Governor - Sawx automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

Northeast Senator - MattVT automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

Pacific Senator - Cranberry automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

IDS Senator
[1] Hagrid
[2] Yankee

Mideast Senator
[1] Windjammer

Midwest Senator
[1] Dereich
[2] TNF
[3] Cassius
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:45:41 PM »

ENDORSEMENT BALLOT
President and Vice President
[1] bore/Bacon King (Labor/TPP)
[2] Maxwell/Dallasfan65 (D-Rs)
[ ] Write in:

Northeast Governor - Sawx automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

Northeast Senator - MattVT automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

Pacific Senator - Cranberry automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

IDS Senator
[1] Hagrid
[2] Yankee

Mideast Senator
Abstain

Midwest Senator
[1] Dereich
[2] TNF
[3] Cassius

Midwest Governor
[1] Foucaulf
[2] Gass3268
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 03:50:08 PM »

Alright. Voting is closed, and by a count of 8-4-2 (Polnut with the 4, Max with the 2), I can certify that Senator bore has earned the TPP endorsement for president.

Also worth noting that by a count of 9-2-1 (Max with 2, Intell with 1), I can certify that Hagrid has earned the Party's IDS Senatorial endorsement.

The rest have not, though I will have to consult in order to determine our procedure with ties. I can't find anything in the by-laws about them, so we'll have to wait for it before determining whether he gets our endorsement or not (as he has seven votes).

Before we close, I'd like to dedicate 24 hours to other business. If anyone would like to institute anything, I'll allow for some time.

Dereich got like seven or eight endorsement votes in the Midwest Senate race.  Neither Cassius nor TNF got any.  Shouldn't he also be endorsed?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 04:35:55 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »

As we consider the possibility of entering yet another election without a TPP candidate on the ballot, I must admit I'm reluctant to surrender one of our Senate seats to another party without a fight. I'm equally hesitant to nominate a candidate with no prior experience in government who wasn't even a member of The Party until very recently. While I have no personal quarrel with Dkrol or either of the candidates seeking our endorsement, I wonder whether there is a more experienced TPPer who might be willing to step up and carry the party's banner, at least for the remainder of the current session?

DKrolga is actually polling pretty well from what I've seen (usual caveats about Atlasia polling apply).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 08:44:24 AM »

Normally, I would be sceptical about a recent recruit running for the Senate, but since we're expanding (and thus, need to consolidate) and he can appeal to the Federalist types, we should stick with DKrol instead of endorsing independent.

Also, as the previous posted pointed out, we're fighting to keep the seat vacated by a fellow TPP member.

This, plus I also worry we'd be setting a bad precedent if we gave the formal nomination to a Laborite or Independent instead when there is a member of The Party running.  DKrolga should be able to count on his party's formal endorsement.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 12:21:06 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2015, 01:58:09 PM by X »

Should the by-laws be temporarily suspended and an open ballot for the Senate endorsement held?

[ ] Yes

[X]No
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 01:57:20 PM »

Before I vote one way or the other, it appears that Foucaulf wishes to join The Party. If this convention votes no, and it appears to be going that way, there will be a primary between the two, yes?

He's welcome to join and all, but I'd hope (and expect) that DKrolga would still get the nomination without a primary given the circumstances.  Then again, I think it is pretty silly that we're even considering opening an endorsement vote to begin with.  Focaulf is welcome to reach out to members of The Party and make his case if he so chooses, but DKrolga should get The Party's formal endorsement this time around.  Personally, I'd hope Focaulf would join The Party regardless of who gets the endorsement given the sentiments he just expressed in his speech.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 06:45:50 PM »

I was unaware of a formal agreement as well and had I been, I certainly would've insisted that any demands regarding the NE Senate seat made by Labor apply just the same to BK's seat.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 07:45:25 AM »

Senate endorsement

[X] DKrol
[ ] Focaulf
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length