The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:31:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Convention, February and also March 2015 - Foucaulf wins primary.  (Read 9643 times)
Foucaulf
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:57:40 AM »

I wish to seek the endorsement of The People's Party in the upcoming At-Large election. I will deliver a speech to the Convention floor tomorrow, if possible.
Foucaulf
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2015, 01:30:47 PM by Foucaulf »

Citizens, Atlasians, Members of The People's Party,

I am honoured to have the opportunity to address you. I know that this is an extraordinary nomination, and I know your time is precious. (I think I'm about to be shooed off-stage, too.) I won't ramble about my policies here; there are plenty of them in my campaign thread. I want to talk to you about vision.

The People's Party, to me and others, is about respect for The People. What does this mean in practice? It means listening to The People, fighting hard as hell for The People, and actively engaging The People in their unheard struggles. I've been on both ends of that conversation. I doubt there is anyone running for Senate or in the chamber - absent Senator Polnut, perhaps - who point out the forgotten issues The People face as much as I do.

I'm engaged in conversation. Is DKrolGA engaged in that conversation? Absolutely not: in his world, the campaign is all about him! Read his campaign thread: it's filled with phrases like "I believe blah," or "I feel blah," or "I study a woolly major because blah." Always this focus on the individual! TPP deserves someone better - someone who will throw out his biases if it harms The People.

I am personally committed to TPP's principles more than any party. I have working relationships with several party members, such as Governor Simfan, Justice Oakvale and Governor Flo. There is only one reason why I didn't adopt the party after the Federalist collapse. I wanted to follow a politics that had as little to do with labels as possible. This campaign is all about the issues.

But, if enough members on the floor want me to adopt The Party before they issue their support, I will join and devote myself to The People's Party in the next 12 hours.

Thank you.
Foucaulf
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »

While the party bureaucracy processes my dues and forms, I'll comment that everyone has come to a consensus very quickly. By the end of the day, The Party should just proceed to a vote on whether DKrol or I would receive endorsement, with a run-off option. If members really want to, they can write-in Adam and The Party can deal with rule complications if he somehow wins.

Every hour spent arguing over minutiae is an hour we cede to Labour in organizing voters. And we only have 271 hours to spare!
Foucaulf
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 12:39:13 PM »

Citizens, Members of the TPP,

Thank you for your support. I have to admit I didn't prepare much of a speech - I have a much better concessionary one. The race was close, but we must not let this result be polarizing. I'm no longer an independent candidate; I am running on behalf of The People's Party. Let's work to create a platform and an agenda this party and the Atlasia people can be proud of.

I'll extend an offer to DKrol, should he want it, to work with me on this campaign.

More immediately, I will head to the At-Large Senator debate taking place and knock Labour down one. I won't let you down.

For Order, For Atlasia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies